Author Topic: Apple is Done and Dusted  (Read 1297 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Apple is Done and Dusted
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:21:42 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-12/iphone-story-showing-cracks-apple-slides-under-200-after-key-supplier-plummets
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Apple is Done and Dusted
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »
I hate the Apple cult. I cannot own their shit even for free

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 11:44:42 AM »
Yeah - Apple fundamentals have never been solid. Just fad.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »
Ae you guys arguing with facts or with emotions?
Apple is currently the with 980B US$ the most valuable company in the world. Safaricom of Kenya has a market value of about 6.3B US$. Alone Apple cash reserves are estimated to be about 260B US$. One does not need to be a fan of Apple and btw I do not have any of their products, but that company cannot be ignored. Even if the company stopped selling its products today those cash reserves are enough to keep any other entity going for years.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »
Where is BlackBerry or Nokia. The industry is fickel unless you have real proposition like Microsoft.
Apple is currently the with 980B US$ the most valuable company in the world. Safaricom of Kenya has a market value of about 6.3B US$. Alone Apple cash reserves are estimated to be about 260B US$. One does not need to be a fan of Apple and btw I do not have any of their products, but that company cannot be ignored. Even if the company stopped selling its products today those cash reserves are enough to keep any other entity going for years.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 01:17:05 PM »
Exactly. That question you are asking, you think Apple has not done the same over a million of times? People learn from history and that is why Apple is number one in the world and not Microsoft.
Why do we Kenyans sometimes think we are the cleverst people in the world and we are yet to create anything equal to a wheelbarrow?

Where is BlackBerry or Nokia. The industry is fickel unless you have real proposition like Microsoft.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 01:40:08 PM »
these are global companies and we have the right to talk about them
Exactly. That question you are asking, you think Apple has not done the same over a million of times? People learn from history and that is why Apple is number one in the world and not Microsoft.
Why do we Kenyans sometimes think we are the cleverst people in the world and we are yet to create anything equal to a wheelbarrow?

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »
Apple moat is its installed ios base of over 1b. That base has enabled apple to generate well over $30b annual in services. That's over $30b recurring revenue, that's almost facebook annual revenue. Or more than annual revenue of amazon AWS. Apple just need to continue monetizing its installed base and have reliable recurrent revenue. The replacement circle of iphones will get longer but that's not where the growth is, its in services. For my money, I'd short Amazon before touching apple.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 03:46:51 PM »
People have attended Apples funeral many time only to realize its come back better and mightier than ever.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
That is not the question here but your assumptions that the company is going nowhere and with no solid fundamentals.

these are global companies and we have the right to talk about them

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 10:10:53 PM »

Apple revenues have only been sustained by increasing margins on marginally improved products. Now the chicken have come home to roost and they have drastically revised downwards their whack new products ahead of the peak shopping season. It's the beginning of the end when they can't offer anything more interesting.

I have an iPad Air 2. Never seen the need to move to the Pros. Solid performance and I can't trade it for anything Android. I have used iPhones 4 to X but I don't like them. I have tested XS crap and to be honest I can't tell why anyone would want to move from 7 or 8 to these. X facial recognition is imperfect and unlike Samsung it has no traditional backup ,that is touch ID.  Customers are finally figuring that they are buying overpriced junk to prop revenues. All their cash reserves can't translate into better customer experience
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 04:39:50 PM »

Apple revenues have only been sustained by increasing margins on marginally improved products. Now the chicken have come home to roost and they have drastically revised downwards their whack new products ahead of the peak shopping season. It's the beginning of the end when they can't offer anything more interesting.

I have an iPad Air 2. Never seen the need to move to the Pros. Solid performance and I can't trade it for anything Android. I have used iPhones 4 to X but I don't like them. I have tested XS crap and to be honest I can't tell why anyone would want to move from 7 or 8 to these. X facial recognition is imperfect and unlike Samsung it has no traditional backup ,that is touch ID.  Customers are finally figuring that they are buying overpriced junk to prop revenues. All their cash reserves can't translate into better customer experience

Keeping up with the Joneses.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman