Author Topic: Is that a coup brewing in Zim?  (Read 12068 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Is that a coup brewing in Zim?
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 07:14:15 PM »
Abrigan tiktetas should also know when not to steal elections or threaten supreme court judges.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 11:51:16 PM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 12:25:48 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 01:19:25 PM »
Poor Zimbabweans. Mnangagwa is from the exact same mould as Mugabe. Expect no change. :(

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 04:55:45 PM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:58 PM »

SADC wants previous civilized status quo.  Do they mean the Ian Smith years?  Has Zim ever had civilized rule?

Invalid Tweet ID
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »
Now that his own people have finished him, there seems to be few of the usual claims about what a great guy he is, how we would have been even greater if "Western powers" (i.e. UK and USA) weren't working overtime on his case, etc.

Anyways .... he had a great run: power, wealth, top-quality ding-dong from a lady halve his age ... and plenty of it well past his die-by date.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
Poor Zimbabweans. Mnangagwa is from the exact same mould as Mugabe. Expect no change. :(

According to what came out in WikiLeaks, he was "evaluated" as potentially far worse than Mugabe.   Not a very promising start to the 2nd Liberation.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2017, 07:56:22 PM »

SADC wants previous civilized status quo.  Do they mean the Ian Smith years?  Has Zim ever had civilized rule?

Invalid Tweet ID

The SADC and AU stand is always for the "constitutional" and "democratic" government no matter how deplorable. They took a similar stand during the anti-Morsi action in Cairo. It's a script actually, no sound reason behind it. It fits in a situation like Guinea Bissau but for the DRC and now Zim they are stuck because the policy needs to be robust. It's not just the SADC and AU that face this policy quagmire.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 09:06:18 PM »

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2017, 09:44:33 PM »
For $1 million, Mugabe should insist on something stronger than that.   See http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/Mugabe-donates--1-million-to-African-Union/1066-3998952-slj33rz/index.html

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2017, 01:38:04 AM »
Say what you will about him but Moi was a very wise mzee. Fools like Mugabe and Museveni should have learnt from him.

I remember Kenya under Moi's rule.   "Wise" is not a word that immediately comes to mind.   I would however consider him "clever", in the same sense that I consider rodents "clever" when it comes to  survival.

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
Say what you will about him but Moi was a very wise mzee. Fools like Mugabe and Museveni should have learnt from him.

I remember Kenya under Moi's rule.   "Wise" is not a word that immediately comes to mind.   I would however consider him "clever", in the same sense that I consider rodents "clever" when it comes to  survival.

Yep.  A slippery character.  Wisdom and deviousness are conflated in the jubilant mind.  I am surprised Kadame has expressed that view.  Wisdom seems more appropriate to characters like Lee Kuan Yew, Seretse Khama etc.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2017, 05:36:25 PM »
If Chiwenga is not firm with this quasi-coup of his, he may find that he is the one fleeing into exile.  He should not pussyfoot around with the dictator.  That said, Mnangagwa or Grace Mugabe, it looks like a choice between a shit stain or puke.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2017, 07:11:06 PM »

Yep.  A slippery character.  Wisdom and deviousness are conflated in the jubilant mind.  I am surprised Kadame has expressed that view.  Wisdom seems more appropriate to characters like Lee Kuan Yew, Seretse Khama etc.
I guess we dont define wisdom the same way or maybe I chose the wrong word. I don't know what to use there. I just mean the man wasn't so drowned in power that he became totally out of touch with reality. He was able to see situations for what they were and to negotiate a much better outcome for the country and himself than have many of his fellow dictators. Folks like Mugabe, Mseven, Ghaddafi, Mobutu seem to lose that bit of their brain to power. Cant separate their wishes from facts as they are on the ground. And it invariably leads to much worse scenarios for themselves and their countries.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2017, 07:11:48 PM »
If Chiwenga is not firm with this quasi-coup of his, he may find that he is the one fleeing into exile.  He should not pussyfoot around with the dictator.  That said, Mnangagwa or Grace Mugabe, it looks like a choice between a shit stain or puke.
They should have exiled him yesterday.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 12:25:33 AM »
Ninja pulls another stunt, ignores resignation calls

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2017, 12:34:50 AM »
These generals ars morons. How did that speech even get read..they should have given the old man four sentences to read

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2017, 03:21:47 AM »
These generals ars morons. How did that speech even get read..they should have given the old man four sentences to read

At this point they know he is a spent force.  All his allies have deserted him or under military custody.  They can afford to look like the better guys.

Harriet Tubman