Author Topic: Boycott is working  (Read 13503 times)

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Boycott is working
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 12:55:54 AM »
time to add more offenders in the boycott list including French companies
Err, Safcom added Sh40b in value after the initial drop of Sh20b after the boycott started.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 01:50:26 AM »
Dead cat bounce...even a dead cat will bounce if it is dropped from high enough.

Err, Safcom added Sh40b in value after the initial drop of Sh20b after the boycott started.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »
Dead cat bounce...even a dead cat will bounce if it is dropped from high enough.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Time will tell but from I'm seeing so far (granted, it's my own POV), the boycott has failed.

Just out of curiosity, this boycott, why only the 3 companies so far? I mean, jubilee bigwig sponsors cut across all sectors of the economy i.e. they practically control everything. I think someone mentioned Ngina, who's one of the largest shareholders of Kenya Power so every time time I use electricity, she earns something.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2017, 12:59:18 PM »
Boycott failed before it started. It restricted to a few hardliners in Luo Nyanza.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2017, 01:10:48 PM »
If you are a simple taxi driver and dump your Safaricom for Airtel... suddenly 80% of your customers find it more expensive to call you... because of the high cross-network rates. The economics don't care about your political views.

Boycott failed before it started. It restricted to a few hardliners in Luo Nyanza.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2017, 09:37:00 PM »
933021419730014211[/tweet]] Invalid Tweet ID[/url]

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »
When it rains it pour. Safaricom should stop provoking Kenyans....

932604258456915970[/tweet]] [/url]

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2017, 08:31:23 AM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2017, 10:35:31 AM »
Look like Safaricom is going to join Global 1000 companies soon. It already past 10B USD mark.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2017, 10:51:42 AM »
Yup. And the boycotter should join the Global List of Shame. For being an international unpatriotic moron.

Look like Safaricom is going to join Global 1000 companies soon. It already past 10B USD mark.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
Yup. And the boycotter should join the Global List of Shame. For being an international unpatriotic moron.

Yet they're feverishly working on expanding the boycott list.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/11/22/nasa-to-add-more-firms-to-boycott-list_c1673635

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2017, 11:54:30 AM »

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/11/22/nasa-to-add-more-firms-to-boycott-list_c1673635

Am sure the hit list includes the other innovation powerhouse Equitel... which is working on a flurry of new media & stuff... big crying shame.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
This boycott is highly symbolic. The figures (which are usually cooked anyway) will be cooked to show the opposite. Ouru boycotted Kenyans and those who think it should not be that way are simply returning the favor.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2017, 04:33:05 PM »
Shortly even i will be migrating to Airtel.  The boycott will be working in my personal capacity.  I do not understand these strange comments that the boycott is not working.  According to who exactly?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2017, 04:36:54 PM »

Am sure the hit list includes the other innovation powerhouse Equitel... which is working on a flurry of new media & stuff... big crying shame.

Well, Robina do you know a company called 3M?  I once visited their offices and on one of the walls there is a mural depicting the history of the company in the form of a storyboard.  The strangest part of was the blank bits between 190 and 1945.  Please note that they did not shut down for business.  They just did some things that may not be palatable for people today.

The point is, even innovative companies commit crimes against people and innovation should not be the reason they should get away with such crimes.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2017, 04:42:07 PM »

Well, Robina do you know a company called 3M?  I once visited their offices and on one of the walls there is a mural depicting the history of the company in the form of a storyboard.  The strangest part of was the blank bits between 190 and 1945.  Please note that they did not shut down for business.  They just did some things that may not be palatable for people today.

The point is, even innovative companies commit crimes against people and innovation should not be the reason they should get away with such crimes.
BMW did (the emblem, propeller against blue and cloudy sky). And a host of other big German multinationals.

Anywho, that's history.

Any confirmed numbers on how badly the boycotted companies have been hit in terms of customers staying? I don't have a clue myself. The only thing I'm seeing is full confidence in Safcon:

Of course, the newspapers could be making all this up, right? ;)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 04:51:42 PM »

Innovation is scarcer than democracy in Sub Sahara Africa so no but no thanks.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2017, 04:56:17 PM »
BMW did (the emblem, propeller against blue and cloudy sky). And a host of other big German multinationals.

Anywho, that's history.

Any confirmed numbers on how badly the boycotted companies have been hit in terms of customers staying? I don't have a clue myself. The only thing I'm seeing is full confidence in Safcon:

bryan what do you say about this news?

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »

Anywho, that's history.

Relying on the rigged NSE as validation?  Pull the other one please.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2017, 08:42:54 PM »

Anywho, that's history.

Relying on the rigged NSE as validation?  Pull the other one please.
That's why I asked you to provide us with the "correct" numbers (with sources), the ones you're basing your allegations that the boycott is working.