Author Topic: Boycott is working  (Read 13509 times)

Offline patel

• Enigma
Boycott is working
« on: November 04, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Boycott is working
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 09:22:47 PM »
This is the most meaningful civic education Kenyans have ever been engaged in a long time.  Kenyans will learn that they are not at the mercy of politicians and that complaining about politicians and demonizing them without doing something does not work. Since the boycott started, I have seen People being  more proactive and creative than I have not in a long time.   Before the boycott, the only civic responsibility Kenyans were ever asked for is to register and vote every five years and nothing changed. Now Kenyans are being taught that democracy is a 360 days affair every year.  Wait until NASA unveils its new more organized 21st century ways of conducting protests such as sit ins, picketing, boycotts and peaceful demonstrations which even families with small children can participate. Once we have learned how to do these kinds of protests, we can use them at the county level, at places of business at the national level etc. to protest and resist abuse, discrimination and all kinds of injustices. While Ruto want to take us back to the only governance he knows best "Moi days", NASA is moving this country forward into the 21st century democracy.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Ole

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 09:40:06 PM »
People are too invested in companies like sufferingcom to have the luxury to move over. I don't know anone not using their product one way or another. I also doubt nasa has spent enough timenyesha teaching people the alternative to services such mpesa. Also the leaders should lead by example. Move all their numbers to other carriers. It's a good way to send a message. It worked very well in the us against companies or ceos that supported the Donald. I boycotted under armour products even though our son likes their running gear. The boycott worked. Their ceo quit trump economic advisory team. It worked well mainly because we had alternatives.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »
Ole, The US lobbies were opposed to Trump's immigration and climate policies. Did the policies change?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 03:39:30 AM »
Precisely.  Off course the revolution will not be televised.
One pillar at a time and soon and very soon you will have electoral thieves on the run

This is the most meaningful civic education Kenyans have ever been engaged in a long time.  Kenyans will learn that they are not at the mercy of politicians and that complaining about politicians and demonizing them without doing something does not work. Since the boycott started, I have seen People being  more proactive and creative than I have not in a long time.   Before the boycott, the only civic responsibility Kenyans were ever asked for is to register and vote every five years and nothing changed. Now Kenyans are being taught that democracy is a 360 days affair every year.  Wait until NASA unveils its new more organized 21st century ways of conducting protests such as sit ins, picketing, boycotts and peaceful demonstrations which even families with small children can participate. Once we have learned how to do these kinds of protests, we can use them at the county level, at places of business at the national level etc. to protest and resist abuse, discrimination and all kinds of injustices. While Ruto want to take us back to the only governance he knows best "Moi days", NASA is moving this country forward into the 21st century democracy.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 03:47:48 AM »
There is nothing like too big to fail. Now you can switch to airtel and retain your old number also you can use airtel money to send money across other networks.
So far 2 millions have crossed over. Time for airtel to invest more in their infrastructure and open more outlets. Tanzania and Ugandan companies should explore western kenya market.  It's within their reach.
Next week new list of business to target should come online. 
People are too invested in companies like sufferingcom to have the luxury to move over. I don't know anone not using their product one way or another. I also doubt nasa has spent enough timenyesha teaching people the alternative to services such mpesa. Also the leaders should lead by example. Move all their numbers to other carriers. It's a good way to send a message. It worked very well in the us against companies or ceos that supported the Donald. I boycotted under armour products even though our son likes their running gear. The boycott worked. Their ceo quit trump economic advisory team. It worked well mainly because we had alternatives.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 04:21:16 AM »

That has been the narrative of the naysayers ever since.  I remember when the demonstrations against IEBC started, they said it would achieve nothing.  I remember those who said boycotting the elections would achieve nothing, and now they are saying NRM will achieve nothing.  I can tell you that the trajectory of the politics is this country has changed forever.  It used to be Ouru tano then Ruto tano. Now even Ruto is not so sure what will happen to Kenya in six months leave alone 5 years from now. 

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
These boycotts will work like a charm.  The jubilidiot is on record for loving money and property over life.  This redistribution of wealth will soon bite.  I know some that acquired mpesa distributerships by virtue of corruption and partaking in tribalism.

Equity has been the same on their dealings with government disbursements etc with some organisations dictating policy like SGR termini and routes.  It's no accident that the next phase terminates at naivasha the home of Delamere products.  Dairy farmers have suffered too from shrinking margins while the processors have doubled and trebled theirs.  This will create room for the rise of local co-ops once again.

This is good... Very good.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
True true sit back and watch the Giants fall. Customer is king. Did you know airtel does not charge any fees to pay bills unlike sufferincon. Did you know calls between airtel lines is almost free?
Githunguri daily farmers need to crank up their output there is ready market for their products.

Banks I think Family bank and uhuru bank should be the first to go. Most corruption money is laundered and cycled through these banks. These are nothing but money laundering outfit.
Next round of business, Shell should make the list. This corporation brought Dr Charles Hornsby the architect of the electoral fraud. 

There is nothing like too big to fail. Now you can switch to airtel and retain your old number also you can use airtel money to send money across other networks.
So far 2 millions have crossed over. Time for airtel to invest more in their infrastructure and open more outlets. Tanzania and Ugandan companies should explore western kenya market.  It's within their reach.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 10:20:39 PM »
Any link to the 2m who've crossed over?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 11:06:20 PM »
The boycott will fail because not everyone's convinced of Jubilee's grave sins. Only the diehard base will heed the call. This will compound the investment trouble the Nyanza region is facing.

patel should pin this thread up there... we use it as a live countdown as the mighty business falls. Those green Safaricom shops in Kisumu, Machakos, Mombasa, etc should soon close down as there will be no customers to serve.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline yulemsee

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 11:10:48 PM »
Babu has given the masses something to keebp them busy so as not to relook at the drubbing he received at the ballot. Should the members of ODM relook at their strategies, do they find new leaders that will ensure a win next time, no, lets all focus our attention at this boycott and secession and receive yet another hiding in 2022

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 11:29:20 PM »
Boycott of business is a very new thing in Kenya and a lot of people do not understand how it works. It only takes a few people to do it for the business to feel the pinch. NAACP called for a  boycott of  American Airlines not too long ago and many African Americans are not even aware of the boycott and yet the CEO of AA has already called a meeting with the NAACP. Like Miguna Said, the days of accepting and Moving on are over.

The boycott will fail because not everyone's convinced of Jubilee's grave sins. Only the diehard base will heed the call. This will compound the investment trouble the Nyanza region is facing.

patel should pin this thread up there... we use it as a live countdown as the mighty business falls. Those green Safaricom shops in Kisumu, Machakos, Mombasa, etc should soon close down as there will be no customers to serve.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 01:49:19 AM »
How is this comparable to the US? NAACP vs airlines is not a nationally political issue. Show me a scenario where the US government has changed policy due to economic boycott of private business. Even the withdrawal of the CEOs from the presidential council changed nothing in Trump's policies. Only the courts managed that. There are probably more companies in support of Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Accord than there are opponents.

Specifically in Kenya. Of course this politics of sabotage is new. Business - like journalists - are not likely to take the NASA interference well. This will affect their financing. I have not heard anything from the bankers association on the Equity boycott but am sure they will not have kind words.

We will all watch and see here as it unfolds. Business losses cannot go hidden and we will soon see what becomes of them. Besides the negative effects on the Nyanza region, my bet is a resounding failure to impact politics.

Boycott of business is a very new thing in Kenya and a lot of people do not understand how it works. It only takes a few people to do it for the business to feel the pinch. NAACP called for a  boycott of  American Airlines not too long ago and many African Americans are not even aware of the boycott and yet the CEO of AA has already called a meeting with the NAACP. Like Miguna Said, the days of accepting and Moving on are over.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 03:06:24 AM »
How is this comparable to the US? NAACP vs airlines is not a nationally political issue. Show me a scenario where the US government has changed policy due to economic boycott of private business. Even the withdrawal of the CEOs from the presidential council changed nothing in Trump's policies. Only the courts managed that. There are probably more companies in support of Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Accord than there are opponents.

Specifically in Kenya. Of course this politics of sabotage is new. Business - like journalists - are not likely to take the NASA interference well. This will affect their financing. I have not heard anything from the bankers association on the Equity boycott but am sure they will not have kind words.

We will all watch and see here as it unfolds. Business losses cannot go hidden and we will soon see what becomes of them. Besides the negative effects on the Nyanza region, my bet is a resounding failure to impact politics.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 05:47:39 AM »
The civil rights movement. The gay rights movement. Mahatma Gandhi. The 3rd Liberation of Kenya. But then again this could be hyperbole. God bless you brother. Whatever you do may it be less harm than good.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 06:54:34 AM »
I am sure there are those like you who were opposed to the civil rights movement, to the gay rights movement, to Mahatma Gandhi and to the 2nd liberation movement of Kenya. I have no doubt in my mind that if we decide to accept and move on as the likes of you would want us to, my children and grandchildren will live in a totalitarian regime.  I was convinced of this when the SCOK could not get a quorum on the 25th of October; When the DCJ's driver was shot and the DCJ was too scared to go to work; when a holiday was suddenly declared for October 25th just to make sure that no court was open to challenge the illegality of the elections; when three judges appeared in the middle of the night to overrule justice Odunga's decision.  Last but not least, as the deadline for challenging the 26th presidential elections approached, civil societies suspected of planning to file a challenge against the 26th charade elections, have all been summoned to answer to trumped up charges.  My sister, Kenya is already harmed, we are just trying to rescue it, but consistent with the Harriet Tubman quote that Windy cites all the time, there are people who do not think there is anything wrong with this country because of tribalism and therefore they will not understand our fight to rescue this country from ouruto. I really do not understand your mental calculation on all this.

The civil rights movement. The gay rights movement. Mahatma Gandhi. The 3rd Liberation of Kenya. But then again this could be hyperbole. God bless you brother. Whatever you do may it be less harm than good.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 08:05:16 AM »
Boycott will be yet another epic failure. Not gonna work.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 03:02:45 PM »
This beautiful boycott is going to demonstrate to Kenyans the direct link between their sovereignty, their vote, their livelihood and the policies of the GoK, organisations (both commercial, political and NGOs).  That disconnection between the votes cast, conduct of individuals and commercial organisations and eventually political frameworks has been damaging to the regular Kenyan. 

Safaricom's corrupt ways have created a hostile environment for would be competitors and damaged healthy competition and denied Kenyans the benefit of the same.   To protect this, SAFCOM have gotten into bed with electoral fraudsters and provided enabling resources for the elections to be rigged.

Brookside and Bidco have not only financed electoral fraud, but their expansionist policies have killed small business and local co-ops.                 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 06:02:26 PM »
Econet (YU) found a fullhouse and couldn't hack it. It's the monopoly in Zim. Airtel string of blunders is the classic incompetence. It took Equitel to craft something resembling a competition. In just two years Equitel has 25% marketshare... while Airtel Money has a megre 0.5%.

Incompetence is not discrimination.

Despite getting favourable crossnetwork rates. And seamless number portability. Airtel is still whining that Safaricom be broken up. Yet they have multiple services under one banner similarly.

Safaricom and Equity are the regional bests. The envy is to be expected.