Author Topic: National Super Alliance (NASA) Unveiled  (Read 1980 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
National Super Alliance (NASA) Unveiled
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:19:54 AM »
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/opposition-leaders-unveil-national-super-alliance-nasa/1064-3514300-7j7e9y/index.html

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: National Super Alliance (NASA) Unveiled
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »
We criticize these guys all the time which is Ok but once in a while we have to acknowledge that they are trying very hard given the power of the presidency which controls everything and has unlimited amount of resources. After the 2013 rigged elections, the opposition was left for dead and for a long time 2017 election was considered a foregone conclusion and political pundits and operatives started plotting and pontificating about 2022. Opposition still faces an uphill battle but at least when can say they are trying very hard. It's amazing how complete passimism only six months ago has been replaced with cautious optimism in the opposition strong hold. What we have to fight against is unhealthy and extreme cynicism which brings about voter apathy and kills a vibrant democracy.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Achiek tho

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 05:45:31 AM »
What is in a name "NASA". The opposition should go in the poll united under the name "CORD". CORD is the vehicle that Kalonzo, Raila, Wetangula used in 2013 elections, people are familier with the name...even washosho/wanyanya hapa nyumbani. The rest of teams i.e KANU and ANC should just join in BIG COALITION TENT CALLED of CORD.

My worry going with "NASA" in election is

1) Mudavadi registered it, and he might do what kalonzo did to ODM in 2007 / he might pull a "2007 Kalonzo" . He (mudavadi) might refuse to relinquish the NASA certificate to whomever is choose as the Presidential flag bearer if not him ...the same way Kalonzo did with ODM in 2007 hence splitting ODM to ODM vrs ODM-Kenya.

2) Millions of people are familier with the name CORD...even washosho/wanyanya hapa nyumbani. They know CORD is the alternative / opposition to jubilee.Million know CORD is what has been calling out jubilee corruption. CORD IS A BRAND NAME that has been keeping Jubilee in check. If you ask a villagers what CORD is they know...it will take a long time for voters to familiarize themselves with NASA. Opposition don't have time to market the name NASA, KEEP IT SIMPLE AND GO WITH CORD. others should in BIG COALITION TENT CALLED of CORD

Lesson were learned in 2007. Lets go with CORD manake hapo hakuna ubaya

meanwhile...RUTO SHOULD START PACKING HIS SHIT FROM THAT OFFICE BECAUSE ITS JUST A MATTER OF MONTHS BEFORE CORD GETS IN, WHEN HE WAS OCCUPYING THAT OFFICE AFTER RAILA, ONE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT OFFICE BELONGED TO MAMA SARA,THAT CORRUPT, ABUSIVE, CLOWN SON OF MAMA SARA SHOULD  "START PACKING HIS SHIT AND LEAVE"

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 06:14:08 AM »
I agree with Achiek. ..just like moi son Gedion kept on crying about 'electrical' elections but when it came to voting about manual backup he was the first one.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 10:05:40 AM »
In few words - NASA will only succeed if it choose Raila. I am not sure what MaDVD and KANU plan...but it would seem to me..they're trying to work the middle ground...btw CORD and Jubilee...with an eye of 2022.

MaDVD has for the first time started something. Will he fold it up?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »
Okoth's observations are correct. Hopefully Raila and company have learned from the past experience. Having said that, I think this is like 2002 and the opposition cannot afford to be divided like 1997 and 1992. They have to do whatever they have to do to unite and take Jubilee out.  This is not the time for arrogance, pettiness or rehearsing past differences.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 07:53:50 PM »
Okoth's observations are correct. Hopefully Raila and company have learned from the past experience. Having said that, I think this is like 2002 and the opposition cannot afford to be divided like 1997 and 1992. They have to do whatever they have to do to unite and take Jubilee out.  This is not the time for arrogance, pettiness or rehearsing past differences.

Raila should consider tosharing either Kalonzo or some other character maybe even Joho.  I say this because any of the other guys lining up behind Raila will leave their tribal bases vulnerable.  Raila has the Luo vote locked up in one tidy package that can be moved around.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 10:18:21 PM »
Raila should consider tosharing either Kalonzo or some other character maybe even Joho.  I say this because any of the other guys lining up behind Raila will leave their tribal bases vulnerable.  Raila has the Luo vote locked up in one tidy package that can be moved around.

Joho is a non-starter at this level;  Flake Mudavadi, of very memorable 2013 backstabbing performance, was just recently retrieved from the morgue and warmed up to 98.4;  Moi and his KANU gang are leveraging with one hand and hiding a long, sharp knife in the other ... Not a lot of choice out there.   Perhaps Flake Kalonzo, post-PEV rat, as a desperate last measure?  But Raila probably feels he has learned an unpleasant lesson in the tosharing business, and he will no doubt also be mindful of Aladwa's "empty magazine, last and final bullet in the chamber". 

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 11:08:52 PM »
Windy, Tosharing is not as easy as that.  If I thought Raila's tosharing someone else would help then I would be the first to propose it.  RVP is right on this one- this will only work if Raila is at the top of the ticket.  People forget that MONEY is the number one issue for campaigning in Kenya or any other democracy that I know of.  Raila is the only one who has the global networking to  get the kind of money and resources needed to run a presidential elections out of all these guys in opposition.  The problem is that those who fund Raila will not fund someone else because its based on personal relationships. Even when Kibaki was toshad,  money was the number one issue discussed and although Kibaki promised to fund the campaign, Raila ended up putting in equal or more than kibaki.  It is almost impossible to expect Raila tosha someone but to also give him his money and also ask his friends to give that person the money they would have given him. If these guys refuse to tosha Raila, then Raila is better off running on ODM even if they end up losing.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 12:15:48 PM »
All,

Is there any mileage on this?

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
There ain't enough resources to convincingly sell spineless and broke Kalonzo or Mudavadi throughout the country in six months.

Jubilee grand plunder, imminent drought and financial crisis have handed Raila another 2007.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 04:26:38 PM »
NASA leaders should accept that Raila is the only viable presidential candidate amongst them and then start dealing with other issues.  Kalonzo should be VP and then Kidero should step down for Mudavadi as governor of Nairobi.  The other older guys like Wetangula, Orengo, Muthama, et all should really run for governors.  If they win, the cabinet, Permanent Secretaries and government agency's  should be left to youthful technocrats  with energy, moral compass, good work ethics and committed to making Kenya great for the first time in its history.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 12:32:14 AM »
Each of these candidates believes they have sacrificed enough.  The obvious problem - if Raila runs, the Luhya will remain unreliable partners at best.  I also think the Kamba can be vulnerable.  I think 2017 is a jubilant incumbent victory.  Some of the opposition leaders will use 2017 as a dry run to demonstrate their potential for 2022.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 01:05:52 AM »
Each of these candidates believes they have sacrificed enough.  The obvious problem - if Raila runs, the Luhya will remain unreliable partners at best.  I also think the Kamba can be vulnerable.  I think 2017 is a jubilant incumbent victory.  Some of the opposition leaders will use 2017 as a dry run to demonstrate their potential for 2022.

"In return, we'll support you in 2022".    That is the line to sell this year to the Division II lot.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 07:28:23 AM »
Incumbent is always favored but it is still to early to say Ouruto are a shoe-in.