Author Topic: Njuri Ncheke let met introduce to this patriot Emritus Dr Gerishon Mwiti  (Read 645 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
This man is a historical encyclopedia. What a lovely narration he gives on why Merus joined Mau Mau from his own own experience as a young boy in Meru. He does make a very good case of the honor system that Merus preserve even to-date and he gives his reasons as to why he thinks Merus joined kikuyus. I think he passes away last year but what a patriot. It is like listening to my mum. I am so happy this group is really documenting and archiving the oral history of the mau mau movement...

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Njuri Ncheke let met introduce to this patriot Emritus Dr Gerishon Mwiti
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 01:36:02 AM »
General Kago. Didn't know this man was such a brilliant and courageous general. He had disagreement with Dedan Kimathi. He got sentence to death by Mau Mau military council. His soldiers frees him from mau mau dentition and he left for Murang'a reserves. Vowed never to reenter forest again and decided to fight the British out in the open. The British nicknamed him The Black Napolean
Here is his biography

https://kenyanlist.net/index.php?threads/general-kago.818/

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 08:23:26 AM »
Incredible this is the history that should be taught in school. Am actually pondering registering a MAU MAU party  and contest gor elections.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 12:58:53 PM »
This man is a historical encyclopedia. What a lovely narration he gives on why Merus joined Mau Mau from his own own experience as a young boy in Meru. He does make a very good case of the honor system that Merus preserve even to-date and he gives his reasons as to why he thinks Merus joined kikuyus. I think he passes away last year but what a patriot. It is like listening to my mum. I am so happy this group is really documenting and archiving the oral history of the mau mau movement...
The issue about colonial villages changing African system is very true, this is a recent thing that happened over a period of 20 or so years but was very crucial shaping Kenya as we know it today, but the puzzle is a country like Kenya and other African countries had just brief colonial occupation but the lecacy is long lasting, question is when can Africa shrug off the neo colonialism.