Author Topic: CBC - junior secondary to continue in primary -  (Read 388 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
CBC - junior secondary to continue in primary -
« on: December 02, 2022, 01:51:50 AM »
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/education/grade-six-pupils-to-proceed-to-junior-secondary-within-existing-primary-schools-4039862

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: CBC - junior secondary to continue in primary -
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 01:54:08 AM »
Isnt this something to be thoroughly discussed within society before it becomes policy?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 01:54:41 AM »
Working party went to all 47 counties.

The chairperson of the Presidential Working Party on Education Reform Prof. Raphael Munavu said the committee has already heard public views from 37 counties.

Isnt this something to be thoroughly discussed within society before it becomes policy?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 01:56:15 AM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 02:00:05 AM »

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 02:00:08 AM »
what a mess. my friend told me that parents are just too exhausted. her business went under during covid and she is can't get her kids in local public schools because the entry fee is about 70k just to bribe to be let in. so private is cheaper option for parents
This is a big move by ruto at least he has listened to the commission. uhuru was reckless very reckless

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 02:03:37 AM »
Yes magoha and his know it all attitude is not good when you're talking 11 million kids in our school systems.
Many middle class have chosen international curriculum.
But I like this decision because it one more class - form 1 - now to stay in primary.

That will leave form 2,3,4 - in senior secondary - as this now 2-6-3-3-3 compared to 2-8-4-4 - and before that 2-7-4-2-3.

Hopefully in the future we can turn senior secondary be part of primary - we should just have big schools - with all subjections - in one environment.

Kids will then study from nursery to end of high school in the same school - day school - only going to college or university away from home - when they are mature enough.

Boarding schools will become rare.

what a mess. my friend told me that parents are just too exhausted. her business went under during covid and she is can't get her kids in local public schools because the entry fee is about 70k just to bribe to be let in. so private is cheaper option for parents
This is a big move by ruto at least he has listened to the commission. uhuru was reckless very reckless

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 01:07:25 PM »
Very useless for a broke govt to continue with incomprehensible experiment. I never saw a problem with 8-4-4. No one has convinced me of the problems which necessitated this destructive shiet. Already kids have been harassed with two exams for shiet that said it was doing away with exams. The exams are also multiple choices just named assessments.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution