Author Topic: Bashir is goin down  (Read 3349 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Bashir is goin down
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 10:16:08 PM »
Sudan's statue of liberty

?s=19
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 08:58:59 AM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 12:16:03 PM »
The fellow old geezers, friends to Bashir, who have been sitting in posh hotels watching the youths demonstrate will subvert it and take it Egypt way. The youths are no wiser from lessons learnt in all these Arab Springs - just usual excitement and then back to same shit.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 01:08:59 PM »
Will he end in ICC? He need to negotiate and run to Philippines - where Duertere is also wanted.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »
Muslims are strategic they placed women infront to counter the deadly use of force. Anyway Kenya will never have revolution due to tribalism. The only people who can cause a revolution in kenya are luos but they cannot win because they are very ideologist

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 03:16:39 PM »
In Kenya, the venting space is there to talk of a revolution . Even with disputed elections people can still dance in the streets and swear in a phoney people's president.  Popular uprising/revolutionary forces can't forment in 5 years which is where the presidential term limits are. It can only erupt in case of proposals by Raila and retards on 7 year term or the current naive dreams by Uhuru irrelevant gang who can see power slipping out of their hands - maybe forever!!

The geezers going down have been at it for 30+ years - that is a whole generation.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 06:25:31 PM »
When economy tanks - people revolt - easily. Kenya economy has been booming. We had our revolutionary moment in 2002 and Moi was smart to read it correctly - and go home. By 2002 - with the economy under recession (-1.7%) - people had NOTHING to lose. They were basically tired - would have violently kicked out Moi if need be.

Sudan economy has tanked - and people have nothing to lose - they cannot afford to buy bread - Bashir or no Bashir.

In 2022 - depending on how handshake unfolds - we may have a protest vote - akin to 2013 - when kenyans told west and their poodles to go f.off and elected ICC indicted persons.

I think we should not confuse protest vote - with a revolution like NARC win - where even Kalenjin joined in and kicked moi's butt.

In Kenya, the venting space is there to talk of a revolution . Even with disputed elections people can still dance in the streets and swear in a phoney people's president.  Popular uprising/revolutionary forces can't forment in 5 years which is where the presidential term limits are. It can only erupt in case of proposals by Raila and retards on 7 year term or the current naive dreams by Uhuru irrelevant gang who can see power slipping out of their hands - maybe forever!!

The geezers going down have been at it for 30+ years - that is a whole generation.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2019, 07:05:18 PM »
Muslims are strategic they placed women infront to counter the deadly use of force. Anyway Kenya will never have revolution due to tribalism. The only people who can cause a revolution in kenya are luos but they cannot win because they are very ideologist

Agreed.  The tribal fault-lines are stronger than the socio-economic ones.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 07:17:29 PM »
In Kenya, the venting space is there to talk of a revolution . Even with disputed elections people can still dance in the streets and swear in a phoney people's president. Popular uprising/revolutionary forces can't forment in 5 years which is where the presidential term limits are. It can only erupt in case of proposals by Raila and retards on 7 year term or the current naive dreams by Uhuru irrelevant gang who can see power slipping out of their hands - maybe forever!!

That's an insight I hadn't considered.  Another term or two of Moi might have seen that happen with an opposition that would have learned the futility of not uniting behind one person.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 11:44:32 PM »
That's right, tribaliy divides us, but Moi's misrule made Kenyans rise above tribalism. I think even with tribalism this grand corruption that seldom trickles to raia may push us

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2019, 07:09:01 PM »
Robina, this is a big misconception about the Chinese. We also have to bear in mind that China is thousands of years old. They've been nation-building (or rather, 'empire-building') for a long time. China is nothing like Kenya or any of the bazungu creations of the last century or so (at least in Africa).

Yuh but the 80+% Han Chinese helps with the stability. It's why the Party survives with hardly notable incidents of resistance. Imagine if the immolational Tibetans & Uygurs were geostatistically significant. They had their civil war 40s - leading to the Taiwan situation. That's the big divide.

Well sure, but my point was, the Han were not originally a single people. It is an identity that was forged over eons of integration in different ways. Before the bazungu ever set foot in that part of the world, there was already a China and a Chinese identity. Not like our Kenya and neighbours: bazungu experiments.

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 07:19:53 PM »
Robina, this is a big misconception about the Chinese. We also have to bear in mind that China is thousands of years old. They've been nation-building (or rather, 'empire-building') for a long time. China is nothing like Kenya or any of the bazungu creations of the last century or so (at least in Africa).

Yuh but the 80+% Han Chinese helps with the stability. It's why the Party survives with hardly notable incidents of resistance. Imagine if the immolational Tibetans & Uygurs were geostatistically significant. They had their civil war 40s - leading to the Taiwan situation. That's the big divide.

Well sure, but my point was, the Han were not originally a single people. It is an identity that was forged over eons of integration in different ways. Before the bazungu ever set foot in that part of the world, there was already a China and a Chinese identity. Not like our Kenya and neighbours: bazungu experiments.

China is an interesting case.  I think it's important when we refer to Han to realize that their idea of an ethnic group is very different from what we mean in Kenya and East Africa in general. 

The Han include people who speak Mandarin, Cantonese, etc as their native languages.  A fairer comparison would be to something like Bantu peoples(Maybe even the whole Niger-Congo group).  I have noticed the same thing with Igbos and Yorubas in Nigeria - they are huge because they are in fact language groups analogous to Bantus but restricted in a tiny area.

The important thing is they(Chinese) have been able to develop a consciousness of being the same people long before bazungu did it for them.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2019, 07:23:18 AM »
I counted at least 200 bundles of the $100 notes. I estimate each to have 1000 notes so that's a clean $20M. This excludes the ones in the bag

https://www.facebook.com/100000231138276/posts/2886939277990415/?sfnsn=mo

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2019, 11:08:36 AM »
I counted at least 200 bundles of the $100 notes. I estimate each to have 1000 notes so that's a clean $20M. This excludes the ones in the bag

https://www.facebook.com/100000231138276/posts/2886939277990415/?sfnsn=mo

Waiguru-style.  You see cash, you take it.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2019, 09:15:31 AM »