Author Topic: How long does it take to form a government  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: How long does it take to form a government
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 05:19:25 PM »
Thanks Kichwa. I'm not a rabid of course. UhuRuto are having disagreements or something but I don't care much for that. I think if NASA are serious about resistance they would ferment it by committing treason. A political trial of the duo by the government is the best way to upstage Ruto.

I don't think they are serious at all.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 06:24:14 PM »
Robina, It is not about the principles, its about the People. I can tell you that NASA followers are very committed and Raila has no choice but to be sworn in or negotiate something better which I cannot imagine.  If Jubilee really wanted to try Raila on treason they would make it very easy for him to swear in and not put road blocks all over the place. Its never easy as you think for an opposition party to do things in a government controlled by thugs and thieves like Ouru and Ruto, but we are pushing on and Raila will  be sworn in one way or the other.  And yes, we too a treason trial more than anything else. It will be a god-sent platform to expose the thieves and it will have the biggest local and international audience ever achieved anywhere and Jubilee do not want that. Jubilee is doing everything behind the scenes to stop this swearing in including offering huge mindboggling  bribes to principles, threats and sending the international emissaries to intervene. On the other hand they act in public like they do not care. If not for the steadfastness of NASA supporters they would have been able to divide NASA principles by now. This is an indication that the country is changing because not too long ago, the huge amount of bribes being offered would have been taken by now.

Thanks Kichwa. I'm not a rabid of course. UhuRuto are having disagreements or something but I don't care much for that. I think if NASA are serious about resistance they would ferment it by committing treason. A political trial of the duo by the government is the best way to upstage Ruto.

I don't think they are serious at all.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 06:24:40 PM »
There is fluidity.  There is almost an element of disinterest in what Jubilee does.  There was a time they could unravel things in the opposition by appointing their tribesmen into government.  For one reason or another, that no longer works.  Uhuru could appoint a cabinet made up 100% of Kikuyus (or 0% for that matter) and nobody would think any differently of his government.  I think that arises from a legitimacy deficit. 

NASA is also facing its own demons.  A shaky coalition.  Raila has to keep the supporters - many of whom have already more or less given up on him - interested by swearing himself in.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 06:41:11 PM »
Jubilee is working very hard to stop the swearing in because they have already threatened "treason charges" just to realize that the last thing they need is a "treason trial".  Not only does Raila need to be sworn in, the biggest threat to his political legacy would be "Not being sworn in".  In other words Raila has to be sworn in and anybody telling Raila not to be sworn in, could as well as put a political bullet to his head and squeeze the trigger at point blank range. Jubilee cannot even form a government until this issue is resolved and therefore January 30th is a big day for both sides. Once Raila is sworn in, all bets are off. The base will be re energized and it will be the end of "accept and move on".

There is fluidity.  There is almost an element of disinterest in what Jubilee does.  There was a time they could unravel things in the opposition by appointing their tribesmen into government.  For one reason or another, that no longer works.  Uhuru could appoint a cabinet made up 100% of Kikuyus (or 0% for that matter) and nobody would think any differently of his government.  I think that arises from a legitimacy deficit. 

NASA is also facing its own demons.  A shaky coalition.  Raila has to keep the supporters - many of whom have already more or less given up on him - interested by swearing himself in.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »
Dream on. Raila is done. Kaput. Finished.
Jubilee is working very hard to stop the swearing in because they have already threatened "treason charges" just to realize that the last thing they need is a "treason trial".  Not only does Raila need to be sworn in, the biggest threat to his political legacy would be "Not being sworn in".  In other words Raila has to be sworn in and anybody telling Raila not to be sworn in, could as well as put a political bullet to his head and squeeze the trigger at point blank range. Jubilee cannot even form a government until this issue is resolved and therefore January 30th is a big day for both sides. Once Raila is sworn in, all bets are off. The base will be re energized and it will be the end of "accept and move on".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 07:05:54 PM »
Part of the police job is to actually stop or prevent crimes from happening. I don't know which Gov in the world will allow Raila to swear himself as Kenyan president. Certainly not kenyan. The police have to make sure such act of treason don't happen - and if it happens like in Uganda in Besigye private house - Raila get tried.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 08:04:49 PM »
Babu will be sworn in but he will take a shitty lame joke oath.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 09:33:17 PM »
My dreams for Kenya are not like yours which is built around Ruto. My dreams for Kenya is bigger than Raila and even if he drops dead today those dreams survive. Its therefore very childish of you to think that yelling Raila is Kaput is of any consequence to me. Kumbaff.

Dream on. Raila is done. Kaput. Finished.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 09:34:37 PM »
The police have never prevented a revolution or a change in any country that I know of if the people want it. The same police have not stopped Ruto from committing all kinds of crimes including, looting the economy, murder and even genocide.

Part of the police job is to actually stop or prevent crimes from happening. I don't know which Gov in the world will allow Raila to swear himself as Kenyan president. Certainly not kenyan. The police have to make sure such act of treason don't happen - and if it happens like in Uganda in Besigye private house - Raila get tried.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 09:53:39 PM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 10:21:17 PM »
Mortally amiable mortician has filed a challenge to the People's Assemblies.  It seems to me that it is lost on quite a few folks that the law does not matter any more.  What you can do and make to get away with is what becomes law.  It can be argued that it stopped mattering when IEBC interfered with the election in August last year.  Some would say it started when they disobeyed court orders and faced no consequences.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001266893/ag-muigai-files-petition-in-court-challenging-legality-of-nasa-s-people-s-assemblies
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001266893/ag-muigai-files-petition-in-court-challenging-legality-of-nasa-s-people-s-assemblies
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2018, 10:35:28 PM »
What they do not understand is that Democracy is a delicate balancing act to preserve the independence of the three branches and their ability to check and balance each other.  They thought by controlling the electoral process they can therefore control all the legislature and the executive branch and then use the instruments of terror to control the judiciary and then live happily and ever after in a fake democracy. What they did not realize is that they have rendered the legislature and the judiciary useless all the other and now they have a dictatorship which we have a right to fight by any means possible.

Mortally amiable mortician has filed a challenge to the People's Assemblies.  It seems to me that it is lost on quite a few folks that the law does not matter any more.  What you can do and make to get away with is what becomes law.  It can be argued that it stopped mattering when IEBC interfered with the election in August last year.  Some would say it started when they disobeyed court orders and faced no consequences.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »
All we need is Raila sworn in then we have our president and Jubilee has their president and we can move our own two directions. The swearing in of Raila can be literally be done anywhere and it will have the same effect as if it were done in front of 10 million people at Uhuru park.  What jubilee thinks of Raila's swearing in is not important. I never watched Ouru's swearing in and it has no consequence to me politically. The same must be true for Jubilee supporters towards Raila's swearing in. Its not supposed to mean anything to them. This is a NASA affair.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 10:03:52 AM »
All we need is Raila sworn in then we have our president and Jubilee has their president and we can move our own two directions. The swearing in of Raila can be literally be done anywhere and it will have the same effect as if it were done in front of 10 million people at Uhuru park.  What jubilee thinks of Raila's swearing in is not important. I never watched Ouru's swearing in and it has no consequence to me politically. The same must be true for Jubilee supporters towards Raila's swearing in. Its not supposed to mean anything to them. This is a NASA affair.

Nice jokes
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.