Author Topic: Why did Chebukati lock other candidates out  (Read 4774 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Why did Chebukati lock other candidates out
« on: September 04, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
Anybody knows why other presidential candidates were locked out.  I hope Chebukati has a strong legal basis to do so otherwise he is just inviting another time wasting law suit.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
Re: Why did Chebukati lock other candidates out
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »
Anybody knows why other presidential candidates were locked out.  I hope Chebukati has a strong legal basis to do so otherwise he is just inviting another time wasting law suit.
Why the HELL would he do that? If true, evidence of this before a court tomorrow should yield tangible results in my very HUMBLE opinion. I mean we've gone past pretenses here and straight into "mtado?" territory....

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 07:39:03 PM »
I am not sure what this is about?  Is there a link I am missing somewhere?

Never mind.  If this goes to court, Chebukati will be forced to allow other candidates.  At a minimum those candidates that ran in the nullified election.

That aside, it's not clear what Ekuru Aukot hopes to accomplish by running.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
I think re-run is for all candidates.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 07:57:17 PM »
Scok has not released full ruling and Chebukati is busy trying to organize rerun. We still don't have full report on servers,  we do not know who gave chirchir Iebc servers access.  We do not know who was logging in as Chebukati. ...at this point NASA through its lawyer they can even hire miguna should come out and say until what went wrong with iebc is fixed we will not take part in those election because iebc is begging for chaos and loss of life.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 08:00:14 PM »
Scok has not released full ruling and Chebukati is busy trying to organize rerun. We still don't have full report on servers,  we do not know who gave chirchir Iebc servers access.  We do not know who was logging in as Chebukati. ...at this point NASA through its lawyer they can even hire miguna should come out and say until what went wrong with iebc is fixed we will not take part in those election because iebc is begging for chaos and loss of life.
100% agreed. Look, we already know what people involved are capable of. No point in legitimizing it.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 08:04:17 PM »
100% agreed. Look, we already know what people involved are capable of. No point in legitimizing it.

Yep.  At a minimum they should wait until the SCOK explains what went wrong.  Instead they are going about creating potential new issues, putting the little legitimacy they have left at risk.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 08:11:35 PM »

Never mind.  If this goes to court, Chebukati will be forced to allow other candidates.  At a minimum those candidates that ran in the nullified election.

Oh, so NASA was involved? I thought the claim was that they met Jubilee alone.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 08:14:07 PM »

Yes.  It looks like IEBC is treating all the other parties as irrelevant.  I mean these guys paid like a million bucks to run.  So there is probably going to be some court cases and reversals.  I prefer the other parties to stay out.  But it has to be through a legal process.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 08:16:22 PM »

Yes.  It looks like IEBC is treating all the other parties as irrelevant.  I mean these guys paid like a million bucks to run.  So there is probably going to be some court cases and reversals.  I prefer the other parties to stay out.  But it has to be through a legal process.
Yes, it's a fresh election. Not a round two. I think Chebukati is confusing those two.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »
Jubilee is afraid Raila will tosha someone else win and then undertake constitutional changes to institute Parliamentary democracy and dump the executive presidency.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 08:36:29 PM »
could it be because they conceded and did not challenge.  I am sure he consulted with his lawyers.  I cannot wait for the legal explanation but I do not think he is confusing a re-run from new elections.

Yes, it's a fresh election. Not a round two. I think Chebukati is confusing those two.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 08:40:30 PM »
could it be because they conceded and did not challenge.  I am sure he consulted with his lawyers.  I cannot wait for the legal explanation but I do not think he is confusing a re-run from new elections.

What would concessions have to do with anything? IEBC is not there to pull an "estoppel" on anyone. Concessions mean the individuals believed the elections were free and fair. The SCOK has now corrected that misperception. So how or why should this affect anyone? I don't get it. This concession argument makes no sense to me. The law was different when all these concessions were made.

Furthermore, even if they were bound to their concession, this is a different election. I can think of no reason why rights to participate in it should be tied to what a candidate did vis-a-vis an old and dead election.

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 09:23:36 PM »
Based on 2013 Supreme Court Ruling

Offline yulemsee

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 10:06:37 PM »
Jubilee is afraid Raila will tosha someone else win and then undertake constitutional changes to institute Parliamentary democracy and dump the executive presidency.
In which paliament, the one that jubilee controls?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 10:11:35 PM »
KM,
Others were locked out supposedly on the basis of 2013 ruling. It was held that if other candidates never petitioned against the declaration they are deemed to have conceded or something. But I hear Aukot is going to court. Gives him another excuse to grace our tvs. Negro is a socialite I swear
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 10:13:06 PM »
Thanks Higgins. Wow! So its the 2013 decision. Everything in me disagrees with that reasoning. If the court found that the elections were not properly conducted per the law so that it was invalid as it now has, why should other candidates be barred from participating in one that is properly conducted?

EDIT: Actually, no: It apparently is a constitutional provision, not only the 2013 decision. It's basically a run-off.  Perhaps it was meant to ensure we wouldn't have three elections in one year. But it doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't a credible election be the interests of everyone?

Based on 2013 Supreme Court Ruling

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 10:31:24 PM »
Thanks Higgins. Wow! So its the 2013 decision. Everything in me disagrees with that reasoning. If the court found that the elections were not properly conducted per the law so that it was invalid as it now has, why should other candidates be barred from participating in one that is properly conducted?

EDIT: Actually, no: It apparently is a constitutional provision, not only the 2013 decision. It's basically a run-off.  Perhaps it was meant to ensure we wouldn't have three elections in one year. But it doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't a credible election be the interests of everyone?

I'm not entirely sure about that one.   To my mind, your original question is worth debating.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kadame7

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 10:38:22 PM »

I'm not entirely sure about that one.   To my mind, your original question is worth debating.
I am thinking of their reconciling of the meaning of "fresh" elections in the constitution. I didn't even realize there was a whole debate about that in 2013. I'm gonna re-read the provisions for myself absent the SCOK interpretation and see if I can come up with a different way to understand that term and how it has been used.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 10:40:52 PM »
I am thinking of their reconciling of the meaning of "fresh" elections in the constitution. I didn't even realize there was a whole debate about that in 2013. I'm gonna re-read the provisions for myself absent the SCOK interpretation and see if I can come up with a different way to understand that term and how it has been used.

I'll be interested to see what you come up with.    Off the top of my head ... I can't recall anything in the relevant parts of the Constitution that would easily lead to "lock out those people who didn't complain".
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.