Author Topic: SCOK: When Is the Hearing?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
SCOK: When Is the Hearing?
« on: August 19, 2017, 08:47:03 PM »
David Maraga is the poor man's Willy Mutunga and I fully expect this SCOK ruling to make the 2013 Mutunga court ruling seem like a work of genius. 

Will the hearing be accessible in real time to the public?  When do they start?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: SCOK: When Is the Hearing?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 08:54:43 PM »
You have to really shoddy petition to get 9 Nil.I hope this time NASA get at least one ball past the net.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: SCOK: When Is the Hearing?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 09:34:30 PM »
There is a program doing rounds, can't vouch for it though.
SUPREME COURT PETITION TIMELINE

1. August 18: Last day of filing the petition.

2. August 20: Last day for serving respondents.

3. August 24: Last day for respondents to file responses.

4. September 1: Last day for the Supreme Court to make a ruling, whose decision is final.

NB: Only one of two outcomes is expected:

1. Supreme Court upholds President Kenyatta's win. The swearing in ceremony will be held on September 12th which is the first Tuesday after 7 days following the Supreme Court ruling.

2. Supreme Court declares the election invalid, nullifies President Uhuru Kenyatta's victory and orders fresh elections to be held 60 days after the ruling which will be Tuesday, October 31st.

The Supreme Court decision is final and cannot be challenged in any other court.
It appears the hearing days are predicated on how fast the respondents are served, and how fast they file their responses. Too early to tell
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.