Author Topic: NASA desperate attempt to derail election continues - now want CEO out  (Read 5477 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
They have filled more than 27 cases (according to vooke) against IEBC touching virtually on everything IEBC does. Daily they call press conference or appear in court against IEBC. You'd think this election is NASWA versus IEBC :). They have concentrated their vitrol on IEBC that was recently re-constituted after they demos and demos.

The latest is here

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/07/11/chiloba-among-iebc-staff-nasa-wants-kicked-out-before-polls_c1594893

In the meantime Homabay, Kisumu, Siaya and Migori are leading in double-registered votes as they desperately trying to rig the next election.

About 5% of Homabay are double registered compared to less than 1% elsewhere.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
At some point Kenyans will call their bluff... and the gide will turn. Personally am happy with the IEBC as constituted a  it represents professional face of Kenya, even with the "Butcher" (which is what Omollo calls Connie Bucha Maina) as vice chair. You'd think Jubilee unilaterally appointed these folks. Anyway I wonder why Jubilee is getting played like a drum by these guys... always reacting. Uhuruto are better than this. Why derail the polls? What is the endgame? - figure that out first.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Nobody knows NASA end game. We can only speculate that they know they cannot win the next election (moas, opinion polls, common sense, history) against an incumbent like Uhuru. Therefore we can only conclude their end-game is to discredit IEBC in preparation to refusing to accept election outcome and then cry foul after election - refuse to go to Supreme Court - instigate civil disobedience & try to paralyse the GOK - in hope Uhuru will sit down and form a gok of national unity including them.

Jubilee hands are tied as far as IEBC goes. This is a war btw NASWA and IEBC. Every time Jubilee try to defend IEBC - then it's "vindicate" NASWA claims.Given the amount of vitrol directed against IEBC - for whatever  they do or fail to do - one can conclude the end-game is to deny IEBC any public goodwill so it can be easy to cry - election were rigged !

But we know election must be held on 8.8.2017.

And so Jubilee plan is simple. Campaign and hope to win it. Prepare the security forces to deal with inevitable civil disobedience from NASWA. Govern for 5 yrs and we go back to the same crap in 2022.

At some point Kenyans will call their bluff... and the gide will turn. Personally am happy with the IEBC as constituted a  it represents professional face of Kenya, even with the "Butcher" (which is what Omollo calls Connie Bucha Maina) as vice chair. You'd think Jubilee unilaterally appointed these folks. Anyway I wonder why Jubilee is getting played like a drum by these guys... always reacting. Uhuruto are better than this. Why derail the polls? What is the endgame? - figure that out first.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
They have filled more than 27 cases (according to vooke) against IEBC touching virtually on everything IEBC does. Daily they call press conference or appear in court against IEBC. You'd think this election is NASWA versus IEBC :). They have concentrated their vitrol on IEBC that was recently re-constituted after they demos and demos.

The latest is here

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/07/11/chiloba-among-iebc-staff-nasa-wants-kicked-out-before-polls_c1594893

In the meantime Homabay, Kisumu, Siaya and Migori are leading in double-registered votes as they desperately trying to rig the next election.

I got the figure from Mukormen and I haven't verified it, but to be honest, there a lot of CORD vs IEBC in Kenyalaw.org to warrant this claim.

http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Tortured logic. It does not matter how many lawsuits NASA has filed because there is no limit one can file. What we need to be discussing are the merits of each case. IEBC is responsible for running the elections nationally and that includes responsibility for the double registrations in Nyanza if any. What I find suspicious is Jubilee always acting as the spokespeople for IEBC. Whenever IEBC is told to fix something or taken to court the first people one hears from protesting streanously with veins almost bursting are Chupilee propaganda squad.

The latest is here

I got the figure from Mukormen and I haven't verified it, but to be honest, there a lot of CORD vs IEBC in Kenyalaw.org to warrant this claim.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Tortured logic. It does not matter how many lawsuits NASA has filed because there is no limit one can file. What we need to be discussing are the merits of each case. IEBC is responsible for running the elections nationally and that includes responsibility for the double registrations in Nyanza if any. What I find suspicious is Jubilee always acting as the spokespeople for IEBC. Whenever IEBC is told to fix something or taken to court the first people one hears from protesting streanously with veins almost bursting are Chupilee propaganda squad.

The latest is here

NASA would have taken to the streets had the excessive double registration been in Kiambu.

Jubilee response to NASWA suit is because it either touches them like Al Ghurair, or for political capital
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Its one thing to be partisan but its another to talk arrogantly and ignorantly.  What most ourutu supporters do not understand is that Kenya is held together by law and not by the Kikuyu/Kalenjin voters. Think about it, if not for the law, do you think kikuyus and kalenjins can hold the order in this country?.  Every Kenyan should be very happy that NASA is going to court and that the court is working. Ouruto and their supporters talk tough but suppose there was no law and no courts, do they really, really, think they can take-over this country  and rule it purely based on tribal majority?  Without the law, MOAS is useless, tyranny of numbers will be useless.  Even a military government needs some level of public support and some kind of law to survive. Stop the childish arrogance  and have some appreciation of the law and the fact that NASA is going to court. If NASA had no respect for the law they would not be going to court.

The latest is here

NASA would have taken to the streets had the excessive double registration been in Kiambu.

Jubilee response to NASWA suit is because it either touches them like Al Ghurair, or for political capital
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch

A good rule of thumb to avoid wasting cycles on a rumor is to fact check before making further assumptions on that basis.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma

Just curious: how many of those are current, and how many are from years back?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma

Just curious: how many of those are current, and how many are from years back?

Norman Manyaga tells me they're eight

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma

I don't know who Norman Manyanga is, but I'm surprised that you have chosen to rely on him, right after pointing us to kenyalaw.org.  Still, we are making some progress---down from

They have filled more than 27 cases (according to vooke) against IEBC touching virtually on everything IEBC does.

While we wait for firm numbers, perhaps we can get some details on the 8 and how they are on "virtually everything ..."?

Offline vooke

• Enigma

I don't know who Norman Manyanga is, but I'm surprised that you have chosen to rely on him, right after pointing us to kenyalaw.org.  Still, we are making some progress---down from

They have filled more than 27 cases (according to vooke) against IEBC touching virtually on everything IEBC does.

While we wait for firm numbers, perhaps we can get some details on the 8 and how they are on "virtually everything ..."?

27 cases to date, 8 are in court, if Norman is reliable. He's the NASA CEO,and he's more likely to understate the count. 'We' should get some meat on the 8, why don't you take that up

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I think someone just came from Mars and is unaware of NASA daily battles with iebc.totally unprecedented.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
27 cases to date, 8 are in court, if Norman is reliable

Where are the other 19, and why do they matter if they aren't in court?   And is it Murkomen or Norman?   :)

'We' should get some meat on the 8, why don't you take that up

I'm sure that those who claim the cases "touch on everything" will soon give us the details.

Offline vooke

• Enigma

Where are the other 19, and why do they matter if they aren't in court?   And is it Murkomen or Norman?   :)

'We' should get some meat on the 8, why don't you take that up

I'm sure that those who claim the cases "touch on everything" will soon give us the details.
Some have been worn, others thrown out.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch

Murkomen says 27.  Norman 8.  Both unverified.  If I read vooke's unstated logic correctly, we should behave as if they are both established facts until we find contrary evidence. :-\
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma

Murkomen says 27.  Norman 8.  Both unverified.  If I read vooke's unstated logic correctly, we should behave as if they are both established facts until we find contrary evidence. :-\
Norman spoke of current cases, Mukormen probably all recent cases.   vooke categorically says 0 cases.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Pundit,
I want you to spare some 20min and pore through this ruling that NASWA petitioned using Okiya proxy. NASA rioted when IEBC awarded the audit job to KPMG, instead of going to PPA,they rushed to court and filed a petition 648. of 2016. It was thrown out on 30th March 2017. Then the SAME day Omtata filed this petition and NASWA were enjoined as interested party. It was so rushed that Okiya identified himself as CORD and vice versa

http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/export/137167/pdf

Basically,
KPMG was procured when the commissioners had packed and new commissioners had not been appointed
The procurement did not involve public participation and IEBC lacked competence in procuring audit of the register
The commission is incompetent as evidenced by various instances of double registration
KPMG was unfit to carry out the audit
The audit was opaque.
 Bla bla.

This is one of the BEST example of NASWA attempting to derail the IEBC by frivolous cases.

What's surprising was that Babu was as late as yesterday claiming that KPMG was incompetent but the case had ZERO merit. And what's more, they waited minths from the contract before petitioning.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Let me wait for Pundit to read and comment then I set you right.

May be I should stand back and let Moon Ki deal with it because you are extending the same argument you lost and admitted you were LYING to a new thread.

Pundit,
I want you to spare some 20min and pore through this ruling that NASWA petitioned using Okiya proxy. NASA rioted when IEBC awarded the audit job to KPMG, instead of going to PPA,they rushed to court and filed a petition 648. of 2016. It was thrown out on 30th March 2017. Then the SAME day Omtata filed this petition and NASWA were enjoined as interested party. It was so rushed that Okiya identified himself as CORD and vice versa

http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/export/137167/pdf

Basically,
KPMG was procured when the commissioners had packed and new commissioners had not been appointed
The procurement did not involve public participation and IEBC lacked competence in procuring audit of the register
The commission is incompetent as evidenced by various instances of double registration
KPMG was unfit to carry out the audit
The audit was opaque.
 Bla bla.

This is one of the BEST example of NASWA attempting to derail the IEBC by frivolous cases.

What's surprising was that Babu was as late as yesterday claiming that KPMG was incompetent but the case had ZERO merit. And what's more, they waited minths from the contract before petitioning.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I am reading it now.NASA just don't want to face kichinjio come 8th - August - they are pulling all stunts to block the election from happening.