Author Topic: Salva Kiir Orders Machar's Death  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Salva Kiir Orders Machar's Death
« on: July 27, 2016, 12:46:48 AM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Salva Kiir Orders Machar's Death
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:24:01 AM »
Reminds me of  the Oxford's prof Paul Collier's book the curse of the bottom billion. The book seem written esp for South Sudan and the likes of Burundi. South Sudan has to escape the four traps. The trap of Conflicts. The trap of depending on single resource (Oil) -make war mongering easy. The trap of being landlocked with bad neighbours. The trap of bad governance in small country.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bottom_Billion.

Collier recommends military intervention, pouring of aid and other incentives. I think AU should consider a military intervention with UN sponsored elections otherwise these idiots are going to drive South Sudan back to stone age for many years.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 12:32:19 PM »
Total demilitarization through mass disarmament and demobilization of all armed groups. Disband the South Sudanese army as well. Take all those so called soldiers rehabilitation centres to be educated and given therapy.

Register people for elections while setting up a civilian led police force that shall exclude ex combatants.

Hold elections amid increased international presence. The UN / AU force should stay for ten years and then start training professional soldiers for light duties such as guarding borders against cattle rustlers. The country should not have a standing army for 100 years.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 01:16:30 PM »
Perhaps cutting oil imports from South Sudan through sanctions would do the job faster. The country will go broke in few days and they will have to think hard.
Total demilitarization through mass disarmament and demobilization of all armed groups. Disband the South Sudanese army as well. Take all those so called soldiers rehabilitation centres to be educated and given therapy.

Register people for elections while setting up a civilian led police force that shall exclude ex combatants.

Hold elections amid increased international presence. The UN / AU force should stay for ten years and then start training professional soldiers for light duties such as guarding borders against cattle rustlers. The country should not have a standing army for 100 years.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 01:22:15 PM »

I am skeptical of the authenticity of that document.  It's likely a forgery.  Why would Kiir put it writing?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
1. South Sudan government has not denied it. In fact they sought to justify it
2. It is not Kiir who has signed this but one of his commanders
3. The letter was leaked obviously from one of the people who got it. Remember the South Sudanese army is not professional. It is the closest you get to bandits running a country
4. If you have met and interacted with South Sudanese military men, you would place this in it right context. It is something that would naturally come from them.

Time will tell. I can assure you that attacking Machar would unleash a nasty response.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 01:43:06 PM »
1. South Sudan government has not denied it. In fact they sought to justify it
2. It is not Kiir who has signed this but one of his commanders
3. The letter was leaked obviously from one of the people who got it. Remember the South Sudanese army is not professional. It is the closest you get to bandits running a country
4. If you have met and interacted with South Sudanese military men, you would place this in it right context. It is something that would naturally come from them.

Time will tell. I can assure you that attacking Machar would unleash a nasty response.

Maybe they see no need to deny it.  Anyone can forge that document in 2016.  What is the source if the document?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »
Can't argue with your stand. However I know the brute called Gen. Awan. This is just the kind of thing he would do.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 04:46:07 PM »
Can't argue with your stand. However I know the brute called Gen. Awan. This is just the kind of thing he would do.

The South Sudanese in general are nuts.  They were handed a country to run when their overall level of development was no better than the Kenyans in 1890. 

You usually have informative threads.  No need for unverifiable claims.  It's tempting though to run with every juicy twitter "exposure".

Where is Riek Machar?  South Sudan is barely mentioned in the news.  Who do you recommend I add on my tweetdeck?

Harriet Tubman

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 06:24:49 PM »
Termie

I have a very low opinion of South Sudan and especially the crooks running the show that I don't bother with much anymore.

Anybody who is in South Sudan alive today (including those now being born as I write) has no future. There may be so lucky breaks but overall they are doomed.

My advice to a former neighbor in Europe was let your kids stay here and do everything in your power to stop them from thinking of South Sudan as their "country". Let them adopt this country and live here for the rest of their lives. Nationalism took over and he almost punched me. I did not give up, I plummeted him with my views about what a sewer his country was and that he must let the kids remain. My kids were losing friends. He relented and let the wife and younger kids stay. But only for a while he warned. He took the mandatory "son" with him hoping to teach him how to plunder.

They did well over there. He earned a monthly (let me repeat in case you doubt it - MONTHLY) salary of 120 000 United States Dollars. He received 5000 USD per month to look after extended family in Africa. He got an additional 10 000 USD to look after his family in Europe (he said it was transitional). These bastards only thought of something and they added a figured. All in all including whatever "imprest" he took at work he would take home over 300 000 a month! He was quite open about it especially when asking me to go and work for them.

Fortunately mama watoto always answered for me - Not a chance!

Well if you asking why I am angry here is the answer. The bastard DIED along with his son. He was caught up by the rebels at the start of the last war put in a container with his son and left to fate. A diabetic, he died within two days. His son starved to death.

South Sudan are Hills of Fools.

The South Sudanese in general are nuts.  They were handed a country to run when their overall level of development was no better than the Kenyans in 1890. 

You usually have informative threads.  No need for unverifiable claims.  It's tempting though to run with every juicy twitter "exposure".

Where is Riek Machar?  South Sudan is barely mentioned in the news.  Who do you recommend I add on my tweetdeck?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 12:32:39 PM »
I agree - these barbarians should be colonized by the UN and the international community until their genes mutate into civilization. Where is the ICC when we need them?

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527