Author Topic: On Ben Carson's presidential bid... Republican  (Read 3440 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
On Ben Carson's presidential bid... Republican
« on: May 05, 2015, 06:27:51 AM »
No.

:(

What a way to ruin a legacy.

Who gave him this idea ?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: On Ben Carson's presidential bid... Republican
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:59:56 AM »
Nazi, Slavery..negro is high on Walter White's blue meth
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 10:23:54 AM »
He should go back to surgery. I loved reading his books in high schools.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »
I once admired him.  Before I realized he is an Uncle Tom that would make Clarence Thomas look like Stokely Carmichael.  He is not even going to be competitive.  Republicans will not elect Negro.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »
Ben Carson....what a joke. Is this what too much academia does to a man? I used to love him, one of his books is still in my classic collection. He was the best at what he does, Neuro-surgery...he should stick to that. He will never be president of the US and with his kind of attitude,  he has lost most people. He is envious of Obama and thinks that he can do better, because he has been the most renowned neuro-surgeon at the most prestigious hospital in the world. What he doesn't realize is that everyone has a different gift and politics is not one of his. Nowadays, I care not of anything he has to say. He was born in a poor household of a single mother, yet now he looks down at those same people who haven't been fortunate enough to pull themselves out......what an irony.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 04:10:11 PM »
Ben Carson....what a joke. Is this what too much academia does to a man? I used to love him, one of his books is still in my classic collection. He was the best at what he does, Neuro-surgery...he should stick to that. He will never be president of the US and with his kind of attitude,  he has lost most people. He is envious of Obama and thinks that he can do better, because he has been the most renowned neuro-surgeon at the most prestigious hospital in the world. What he doesn't realize is that everyone has a different gift and politics is not one of his. Nowadays, I care not of anything he has to say. He was born in a poor household of a single mother, yet now he looks down at those same people who haven't been fortunate enough to pull themselves out......what an irony.
Yep.  He is a really good surgeon.  But it's difficult to tell him apart from Sarah Palin if not for the male voice.  A perfect example of compartmentalization of intelligence.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 09:04:48 PM »
A black person who joins the Republican party already has "issues" right from the git-go.   Still, the man's candidacy shows something positive---that Obama's success has made it possible for any black person to now dream of being the USA president.

But while happily dreaming, the man appears to be doing consideration damage to his reputation.  An interesting commentary:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-ben-carson-bashes-obama-many-blacks-see-a-heros-legacy-fade/2015/05/02/b9ce53c8-e850-11e4-9767-6276fc9b0ada_story.html
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 11:32:37 PM »
I would rather Sarah Palin over Carson, at least she knows she's a ditz.

Doctor's have incredible ego and that's perhaps the only motivation behind this lunacy.

When I was studying politics at university, one of my favourite professors whom I keep in touch with, asked me, how long does it take to become a brain surgeon? I told him a long time. Then he replied, it takes longer to become a political strategist.

I noticed everyone has a political opinion, the same way everyone could cut someone's head open. But to understand social dynamics, history, action, diplomacy, the masses, POWER, money, development, poverty you need to be trained and experienced in this field.

Doctors are bound to a hippocratic oath to do no harm for life. By engaging in public politics they ruin the integrity of medicine.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »
A black person who joins the Republican party already has "issues" right from the git-go.   Still, the man's candidacy shows something positive---that Obama's success has made it possible for any black person to now dream of being the USA president.

But while happily dreaming, the man appears to be doing consideration damage to his reputation.  An interesting commentary:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-ben-carson-bashes-obama-many-blacks-see-a-heros-legacy-fade/2015/05/02/b9ce53c8-e850-11e4-9767-6276fc9b0ada_story.html
The embarrassment is not entirely without foundation.

Here is a snippet from a trip the good doctor made to Israel on a 'fact-finding" mission.
"In the United States, we have Republicans, Democrats, and independents. What do you have?" Carson asked.

It was about a month before the president's State of the Union speech, and Carson was in the first-class lounge at the Newark airport, waiting for a flight to Tel Aviv. He'd never been to Israel before, but a trip to the Holy Land has become, in recent years, a prerequisite for presidential aspirants. When Governor George W. Bush went in 1998, he was given a helicopter tour by Ariel Sharon. Ten years later, Senator Barack Obama met with the Israeli prime minister as well as the leader of the Palestinian Authority. Now, as Carson sat across from the young Israeli woman who'd be his guide, he was getting a head start on what he called his own "fact-finding mission." The more basic the facts, the better.

The woman answered Carson's question about political parties, telling him that there were Labor and Likud and a host of other factions in the Knesset. "And what is the role of the Knesset?" he interjected. This prompted a tutorial on Israel's legislature. Carson is a tall, dignified-looking man with a placid, almost sleepy face. As he tried to concentrate on his Hebrew Schoolhouse Rock primer, he seemed even more fatigued. "It sounds complex," he finally said. "Why don't they just adopt the system we have?"
http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201504/ben-carson-tea-party

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »

MOONKI

I think we crossed that bridge about 8 years ago. Obama's candidacy allowed black people to dream that the impossible was actually now possible. However, not every Tom dick and harry can be president. How many other black candidates have tried before and failed. Obama gave us the blue print of how it can be done, without ever dissing the black community. The notion that somehow you have to diss' black people to appear more appealing to the republican party which is clearly racist...(even a blind man can see that) is getting old fast. Like I said, he was the best at what he does, and despite his political leanings, he was still respected in the black community. His political utterances of lately are threatening to erode that legacy that was going to be.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 04:47:48 PM »
I take it you have not discovered his SDA background.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
Who hasn't?
Adventism for all their flaws are excellent educators I think next to Catholicism. Jehovah's witnesses at one point discouraged education as waste of time since rmageddon was beckoning. They have gradually relaxed their teachings but the damage is long done.

As a minus for SDAs, they have encouraged especially in the U.S. Sabbath-compliant careers; health no teaching. Jobs you can take on Saturdays without breaking Sabbath because they are deemed as necessary. If Nuff Sed is a serious Adventist and I doubt she is, she is either a nurse or a teacher.

It is not encouraging as such, it is Natural Selection, taking hard jobs meant giving up either your sect or job. So the few who remain are usually in these vocations if not biashara
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »
Who hasn't?
Adventism for all their flaws are excellent educators I think next to Catholicism. Jehovah's witnesses at one point discouraged education as waste of time since rmageddon was beckoning. They have gradually relaxed their teachings but the damage is long done.

As a minus for SDAs, they have encouraged especially in the U.S. Sabbath-compliant careers; health no teaching. Jobs you can take on Saturdays without breaking Sabbath because they are deemed as necessary. If Nuff Sed is a serious Adventist and I doubt she is, she is either a nurse or a teacher.

It is not encouraging as such, it is Natural Selection, taking hard jobs meant giving up either your sect or job. So the few who remain are usually in these vocations if not biashara
I expected that if you knew he was SDA, you would use it to explain his gaffes.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 05:25:02 PM »
Who hasn't?

I expected that if you knew he was SDA, you would use it to explain his gaffes.
I only know of his tripping from here, and his White House bid too. can't recall reading nothing about him last apart from his Gifted Hands book...

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 03:26:13 AM »
If he was politically trained and experienced he'd be a viable democrat candidate. With such time on his gifted hands, why not be part of the panel to make Obamacare work ? Why not be pragmatic about the socio-economic disparities in Baltimore ? His run for the presidency isn't realistic. Obama becoming a neurosurgeon is more realistic.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
Well, education has never been a true measure of intelligence.

There are a lot of things worse that happened in American history than bringing universal healthcare. Like Jim crow laws that mandated de jure racial segregation in all public facilities in Southern U.S. states. Or women not being able to own property or vote. It took activists and reformers nearly 100 years to win those rights. Or the Chinese exclusion act of 1882. Or the Japanese concentration camps where between 110,000 and 120,000 people of Japanese descent were forceful relocated and incarcerated during World War II. Or the near complete obliteration of Native American population and culture. Or the trail of tears. Nor the civil war.

I could go on and on about things worse than giving people healthcare
"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".