Author Topic: My uncle led Mau Mau soldiers that killed Luka Kahangara  (Read 1100 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
My uncle led Mau Mau soldiers that killed Luka Kahangara
« on: January 08, 2023, 10:43:07 AM »
My uncle who is named after my great grandfather hated kikuyu homeguards with a passion. he would confront them and his favorite thing to say was that they were too greedy and they will finish kikuyu goats due to their greed. As mau mau looked for local mau mau leaders to help them execute one the attack against Luka they settled on my uncle. he was a fierce leader and activist in the community. he gathered intelligence and provide mau mau with a list of all homeguards.
on the night of killings he led the mau mau soldiers and supervised most of the killings. by dawn hundreds of loyalists had been brutally murdered and their homesteads torched.
He was arrested shortly after the lari massarcd and charged with murder. before his cased was ruled he was offered a prebargain. he was asked to denounce mau mau and collaborate with the the British to save his life. he called his mum and told her that he had made the decision to die for the cause. he was hanged in Githunguri and burried in unmarked grave.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: My uncle led Mau Mau soldiers that killed Luka Kahangara
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 12:25:50 PM »
My uncle who is named after my great grandfather hated kikuyu homeguards with a passion. he would confront them and his favorite thing to say was that they were too greedy and they will finish kikuyu goats due to their greed. As mau mau looked for local mau mau leaders to help them execute one the attack against Luka they settled on my uncle. he was a fierce leader and activist in the community. he gathered intelligence and provide mau mau with a list of all homeguards.
on the night of killings he led the mau mau soldiers and supervised most of the killings. by dawn hundreds of loyalists had been brutally murdered and their homesteads torched.
He was arrested shortly after the lari massarcd and charged with murder. before his cased was ruled he was offered a prebargain. he was asked to denounce mau mau and collaborate with the the British to save his life. he called his mum and told her that he had made the decision to die for the cause. he was hanged in Githunguri and burried in unmarked grave.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 06:16:29 PM »
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/lifestyle/society/olenguruone-origin-of-famous-mau-mau-oath-2273544

I doubt you great grandfather would just be so bitter to want to murder people that much.

The genesis of Mau Mau and many upheavals in late 40s and 1950s - was tractors and the italian POW.

Many kikuyus found themselves jobless, in penury and were send back to Lari/Kiambu - and that is where bitterness started.

My own great grandfather who I am named after - also fell victim to the tractors.

Mechanization of farming - saw lots of people rendered jobless - and it brought problems.  My own great grandfather was kicked out of white highlands where he was crazing his cows - then when he tried to go to Narok - his cows were confisticated - and sold - he died in depression shortly.

British razed kikuyu workers huts in rift valley and told them there was no more tilling job - as tractors took over. From my grandfather - a few set up slums in Molo and such areas - while some tried to return back to central. They tried to get back their original land and the bitterness started.

Most kalenjin were giving out their bulls in exchange of pasture - they were similarly told to move out - as their bulls were no longer needed. Kalenjin moved to border of british farms and established rural slums - heavily populated areas on edges on Mzungu.

Kikuyus kicked from Molo went back to Lari - few tried to expand to Maasai land - British and Chief cracked down hard.

Now desperate, poor and vengeful they went for the chiefs.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 06:53:55 PM »

This was Njambas story , cant you just listen to his aspect of the reason which lead to the Mau Mau uprising without bringing Ujuaji.

Mau Mau uprising is more complex that you are trying to portray . Lots of components including lack of political representation and returning seasoned soldiers from World War 2 front .

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/lifestyle/society/olenguruone-origin-of-famous-mau-mau-oath-2273544

I doubt you great grandfather would just be so bitter to want to murder people that much.

The genesis of Mau Mau and many upheavals in late 40s and 1950s - was tractors and the italian POW.

Many kikuyus found themselves jobless, in penury and were send back to Lari/Kiambu - and that is where bitterness started.

My own great grandfather who I am named after - also fell victim to the tractors.

Mechanization of farming - saw lots of people rendered jobless - and it brought problems.  My own great grandfather was kicked out of white highlands where he was crazing his cows - then when he tried to go to Narok - his cows were confisticated - and sold - he died in depression shortly.

British razed kikuyu workers huts in rift valley and told them there was no more tilling job - as tractors took over. From my grandfather - a few set up slums in Molo and such areas - while some tried to return back to central. They tried to get back their original land and the bitterness started.

Most kalenjin were giving out their bulls in exchange of pasture - they were similarly told to move out - as their bulls were no longer needed. Kalenjin moved to border of british farms and established rural slums - heavily populated areas on edges on Mzungu.

Kikuyus kicked from Molo went back to Lari - few tried to expand to Maasai land - British and Chief cracked down hard.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 06:58:40 PM »
I said my uncle. he was my dad's cousin. he was hanged in githunguri in 1952 and burried in kiambu.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 08:31:49 PM »
I am not here to listen to superficial make belief stories

This was Njambas story , cant you just listen to his aspect of the reason which lead to the Mau Mau uprising without bringing Ujuaji.

Mau Mau uprising is more complex that you are trying to portray . Lots of components including lack of political representation and returning seasoned soldiers from World War 2 front .

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 08:32:53 PM »
I said my uncle. he was my dad's cousin. he was hanged in githunguri in 1952 and burried in kiambu.
How old was in 1952...20yrs if he was born in 30s....20s.Again why did they kill luka..not the British. LARI massacre was not mau may but local land dispute...related to bitterness over displacement of families to rift Valley.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 08:40:41 PM »
Jomo kenyatta rewrote Kenya history and lionized mau mau...to justify his power grab.Mau mau were defeated in 1956.They were non issue until jomo won and kikuyu intelligentsia attempted to rewrite history that mau mau had given Kenya freedom..

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 08:59:06 PM »
Jomo kenyatta rewrote Kenya history and lionized mau mau...to justify his power grab.Mau mau were defeated in 1956.They were non issue until jomo won and kikuyu intelligentsia attempted to rewrite history that mau mau had given Kenya freedom..

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 09:03:17 PM »
I speak the truth always.When I supported kibaki or Raila or Ruto I don't sacrifice my principles or truth. I am not beggar of political favors like you.I support individuals..I don't support tribe.Mau mau ended in 1956 with arrest of its leader.Jomo kenyatta used mau mau to do power and land grab in 1960s saying mau mau had won independence war.Mau were defeated like nandi rebellion by the British. Kenya was granted independence like Uganda or Tanzania..on a silver platter.Not through successful insurgency like say NATo failure to tame Taliban in Afghanistan

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 09:15:31 PM »

The truth is that Jommo Kenyatta betrayed MAU MAU when he came into power and worse even grabbed their lands in Central Kenya using Kibakis and Mois support.
When Kenyatta decided to use money allocated by British Government to pay outgoing settlers for his own and cronies use in acquiring loans to buy land rather than create a scheme envisioned whereby squatters or landless  people (including Mau Mau )would be given land , is that what you are calling using MAU MAU to do land grab ? Or is it land grabbing from MAU MAU ?

I speak the truth always.When I supported kibaki or Raila or Ruto I don't sacrifice my principles or truth. I am not beggar of political favors like you.I support individuals..I don't support tribe.Mau mau ended in 1956 with arrest of its leader.Jomo kenyatta used mau mau to do power and land grab in 1960s saying mau mau had won independence war.Mau were defeated like nandi rebellion by the British. Kenya was granted independence like Uganda or Tanzania..on a silver platter

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2023, 09:21:05 PM »
Yes and more.Jomo kenyatta and his elite grabbed poor kikuyu land mostly in kiambu.Then white highlands of rift valley and coast.He used mau mau freedom fighter as propaganda to justify the land grab..same way bible was used to justify slavery. Kiambu is great example rich kikuyus colonising fellow kikuyus..its worst in country next to Arabs in coast

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2023, 09:32:03 PM »
Moi and Kibaki were instrumental in making sure poor MAU MAU never got their land back , hence the bile for Kibaki and Moi by Kikuyus which reached its crescendo in 80s 90s . Raila propaganda against GEMA of kabila adui is what made Kikuyus rally behind Kibaki in 2007 elections forgiving Kibaki for his 60s mess .

Yes and more.Jomo kenyatta and his elite grabbed poor kikuyu land mostly in kiambu.Then white highlands of rift valley and coast.He used mau mau freedom fighter as propaganda to justify the land grab..same way bible was used to justify slavery. Kiambu is great example rich kikuyus colonising fellow kikuyus..its worst in country next to Arabs in coast

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 09:45:25 PM »
The worst kenyatta did is to send people in harms away in far off land while he stayed in ichwaeri

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023, 09:47:23 PM »
Moi and Kibaki were instrumental in making sure poor MAU MAU never got their land back , hence the bile for Kibaki and Moi by Kikuyus which reached its crescendo in 80s 90s . Raila propaganda against GEMA of kabila adui is what made Kikuyus rally behind Kibaki in 2007 elections forgiving Kibaki for his 60s mess .

I know moi role but I don't know kibaki. The land issues was mishandled from get go.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2023, 10:49:27 PM »
http://alumni.dkut.ac.ke/index.php/site/download?file=Kibaki_Sessional-Paper-No-10-1965.pdf

I know moi role but I don't know kibaki. The land issues was mishandled from get go.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 12:14:21 AM »
Nowhere does sessional paper say grab land.Tom mboya who Ruto is closest reincarnation was architect together with kibaki.Mboya never grabbed any land.if I was alive I would have definitely supported Tom Odhiambo Mboya then Mwai kibaki then William Ruto..brilliant kenyans. Tribe is useless crap for low IQ .Tom mboya is a Kenya true legend then kibaki then now  Ruto...rest ni takataka

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 05:58:18 AM »
Which government policy explicitly says grab land or loot . Handshake itself was a government policy to unite Kenyans but it was used by Uhuru to loot and disenfranchise Kenyans and Raila thought it was a path to steal elections successfully something he has never achieved even with stealing from 2007 et all . 
You need to go back and look why Jaramogi and his ilk including a bulk of Kikuyus politicians who were either killed or apprehended were opposing Kenyattas policies . Mboya , Moi and Kibaki are one the reason Kenya is in the mess we are.

Nowhere does sessional paper say grab land.Tom mboya who Ruto is closest reincarnation was architect together with kibaki.Mboya never grabbed any land.if I was alive I would have definitely supported Tom Odhiambo Mboya then Mwai kibaki then William Ruto..brilliant kenyans. Tribe is useless crap for low IQ .Tom mboya is a Kenya true legend then kibaki then now  Ruto...rest ni takataka

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2023, 08:24:12 AM »
Pundit you gave a narrow revisionist wishful description of the mau mau. If everyone else including bazungu say the Mau Mau grievances were because of land who are you to say they were caused by tractors?.please stop trivialising this issue its much mbigger.
You can quote all sources and they say same leo ndio nimeskia ati tingatinga caused Mau Mau
Again Mau mau were not defeated,Meru units continued the fight till after independence when Kenyatta killed General Baimungi Marete. But as usual I guess you out for fun I think your position on this matter is well known,you wouldn't want Mau Mau insurgency to eclipse Nandi resistance but you know the truth :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-12997138

https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/abs/power-and-the-presidency-in-kenya/kenyatta-meru-politics-and-the-last-mau-mau-196131965/0D812C1B98503A7506AB2EE71B97A965

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mau_Mau_rebellion

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2023, 08:37:25 AM »
Mau mau were defeated in 1956..four years after start of insurgency..British army left kenya