Author Topic: Pundit On Biwot empire  (Read 6465 times)

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Pundit On Biwot empire
« on: July 15, 2017, 03:11:53 PM »
Who will take over the wealth left behind? if I heard well, he didn't have male children?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Pundit On Biwot empire
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 03:52:16 PM »
The Canadian son in law manages it all.Charles Marshall is married to  Rita ..Biwott eldest daughter who also a lawyer.Esther Koimett may also have lots of say.i don't know about Prof kamar..seem like second wife who might just get crumps..lke huge landholdings...Biwott is of course a billion dollar plus rich.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 05:03:33 PM »
All that money stolen from Kenya most of it will end up in Europe or offshore. How did he end up with a mzungu? Is the same mafia like jungus profiled on kroll report that moi sons and other moi era oligarchs used to move funds offshore.. I will

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 05:46:42 PM »
All that money stolen from Kenya most of it will end up in Europe or offshore. How did he end up with a mzungu? Is the same mafia like jungus profiled on kroll report that moi sons and other moi era oligarchs used to move funds offshore.. I will
Biwott sired Esther Koimett the indefatigable investment sec for years before leaving for Australia n returning with Hannie..the Jewish Australian..to find Esther mother married. Hannie got two daughters who ended marrying fellow upper class wazungu while in college abroad.Then Biwot married a TZ woman lessie n got 3 kids. Then finally Prof kamar with1 kid.All of Biwott ..7 are girls.Most of the money will end up with the Canadian but Esther n others have a stake.Biwott never allowed his wealth to spoil so his kids are well grounded professionals.. best exemplified by Esther Koimett

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 12:29:52 AM »
If he wrote a will and even better if he distributed the wealth while alive that might be true (highlighted below). Otherwise should the matter go for probate the Law of Succession is brutal in its demands for equity in the distribution.

If he made a will but was unfair, that will may be set aside and Justice Kimaru will dish out the wealth - Kirima style. However if the family sits down and agrees amicably they can avoid a session of dirty linen washing.

In most Kenyan polygamist families, there is usually no peace during the man's life and small fissures rise to the surface and grow in to heated valleys of hostility and recriminations. Frankly I do not see how this will end peacefully. Perhaps the light in the tunnel is the Mzungu (jew) who might bring the sons who control most of the wealth (according to Pundit) to exercise magnanimity.

The catch is that if they have been running the big money, they have probably now already made a lot of their own money. In the eyes of the family, that is their father's money and that brings even more tears.

Njenga Karume distributed everything and made what he thought to be airtight provisions. See what good that did! They are still in courts to the best of my knowledge with the tone getting sharper. Even more distressing is the fact that the lawyers or persons he named to execute the will appear to have carried a bit of their own greed along, complicating the mix. Thus one sees temporary alliances formed against them before they allies return to fighting each other.

Kenya is one nasty place. I met one Family Court judge who told me he would gladly exchange places with Mumbi Ngugi (now Odunga). When people come to court with charms and in the company of highly paid witchdoctors and the other party protests being intimidated....
Biwott sired Esther Koimett the indefatigable investment sec for years before leaving for Australia n returning with Hannie..the Jewish Australian..to find Esther mother married. Hannie got two daughters who ended marrying fellow upper class wazungu while in college abroad.Then Biwot married a TZ woman lessie n got 3 kids. Then finally Prof kamar with1 kid.All of Biwott ..7 are girls.Most of the money will end up with the Canadian but Esther n others have a stake.Biwott never allowed his wealth to spoil so his kids are well grounded professionals.. best exemplified by Esther Koimett
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 12:59:04 AM »
Declaration: I knew Biwott through my Dad. They remained friends until my dad passed away. He would come in one car. No security except one guy and a driver. Then they would sit and talk and laugh. They knew each other when my father worked huko kwao many years before and Biwott was a young man or so.

That is why I have not said much against the man - for those who can recall. I asked my dad if he he ever asked about who killed Ouko and he said yes, Nicholas did not kill Ouko. Whether Moi did. He said the same: No!

For me I have always believed it was Oyugi and Timothy Maloba. But that is a story for another day. I found him very polite and loyal to his friends. All that security hullabaloo I read about is very strange to me.

Later after my Dad died he came unannounced to visit the grave the day I was leaving for work so I excused myself.

Biwott came alone sat and was served tea - which he drunk without hesitation or worries. He condoled my mum and left some cash behind and went.

I met him in the lands ministry one time and I thought he wouldn't remember me. I was wrong. Not only did he remember me but he asked about my wife and kid by name! ( wondered, I had just been married two years). He Wondered what I was doing abroad instead of coming to work for Kenya or "me".

So on a human level I think he was a good man (and I am not a lion).

But I knew he had brought down a whole bank just because the MD of the bank bothered him. He also had some power over Moi that nobody understood. In 2002 he put down his foot about appointing Mudavadi VP saying its not yet time. He wanted it a month to elections and he got it. He did tell Moi Uhuru would lose but when Moi told him to mind his business and campaign, he fell in line and never questioned. His loyalty to Moi was 100% and unquestioning.

He was a gifted political analyst with contacts around the country. Armed with a photographic memory, he could call some obscure person in North Eastern or approach a politician and after a few minutes get him to work for and with KANU. I think he decimated the opposition by targeted bribes. I wondered about that and realized he had a simple approach: Showed great respect for the person. Thus if he was bribing someone to sell his principles, he would do it in a way that the person did not feel like a prostitute receiving her dues. He just had a way with people. I think before he approached someone he learned about the person. May be he did beforehand knowing he would need that person in future.

When he softened Makau of SDP to drop his bid, however, Makau broke the agreement by announcing it. He would not see the 200K promised until he had been humiliated.

Yes stories of him changing cars mid-lane in Nairobi abound. I think there are far too many stories around this man - most untrue.

When Mao's wife was charged in China for her role in the cultural revolution, she made some startling statements in her own defence. She got so exasperated at one time and said: "I was Mao's dog. I did everything he commanded me to. If he said that person must die, I arranged it. If he said that politican must fall, he fell by my hand..." (Dont have the exact quote but one can google).

I am saying Biwott simply did whatever Moi wanted. Even more we can say he did what he thought Moi wanted. Here is what Bertolt Brecht wrote about the loyalty of a private to his senior officer:
He lets himself be torn to bits for his superior officer, and as he lies dying he takes note that his corporal is nodding approval, and that is reward enough for him. That's all he wants :D

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 01:52:22 AM »

Owaah nailed it...'sex pest' was a villain and Kenya is better off without him

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 03:08:03 AM »
Me?  I think he was definitely behind the murder of Ouko.  May he RIP for those who believe in such things.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 03:20:38 AM »
He killed Ouko that was very clear.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 03:33:01 AM »
He killed Ouko that was very clear.

And likely a few others take care of any loose ends.  Ouko's wife and children went through hell.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 03:50:51 AM »
I asked Raila in 1992 and though he defended Oyugi he said that "when they called state house that Ouko was dead, Moi refused to take the call instead Biwott answered and gave directions on how to get rid of the body".

I think it was above Biwott's pay grade to order the death of a minister.

The man who knows more is Dr. Ongeri who I was told pronounced him dead. He found him beyond repair.

I think the focus is being moved away from the real killers. Still one person told me if it were Biwott he would have poisoned Ouko with a heart attack provoking substance. I treated it as a rumor that he possessed a toxin he got from Israel with such a capacity and totally untraceable.

My money is on Oyugi trying to please Moi like Marcos' chief bodyguard or Kenyatta's driver with J.M

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 03:51:52 AM »
Interesting inquiry this is

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 04:09:07 AM »
I asked Raila in 1992 and though he defended Oyugi he said that "when they called state house that Ouko was dead, Moi refused to take the call instead Biwott answered and gave directions on how to get rid of the body".

I think it was above Biwott's pay grade to order the death of a minister.

The man who knows more is Dr. Ongeri who I was told pronounced him dead. He found him beyond repair.

I think the focus is being moved away from the real killers. Still one person told me if it were Biwott he would have poisoned Ouko with a heart attack provoking substance. I treated it as a rumor that he possessed a toxin he got from Israel with such a capacity and totally untraceable.

My money is on Oyugi trying to please Moi like Marcos' chief bodyguard or Kenyatta's driver with J.M

I just go by the Troon report.  It's the only credible official statement.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 08:39:20 AM »
There is no shred of credible evidence that Biwott or Oyugi killed Ouko. Jonah Anguka the Nakuru DC killed Ouko. The evidence against Anguka is overwhelming and what saved him during his murder trial was his alibi that he had supper with Bometts of Nakuru that day or was being massaged by his nephew during the night. Otherwise all the facts indicate Ouko went to bed - changed into pajamas - was called outside by someone - via the cow shed - and was later shot/killed - and his body disfigured with acid. The man who did this was Anguka - who on the same day made 200kms (based on the fuel gauge) trip from Nakuru to Koru - using his GoK car and woke up late the following morning. Anguka was former AP (trained soldier) who rose to ranks thanks to Oyugi. I believe Anguka had argument with Ouko about him screwing his wife, shot Ouko and  quickly hid his body - ran back to Nakuru and returned later to disfigure his body.

Why did Anguka kill Ouko - Ouko was screwing his wife who also doubled up as Ouko secretary-- and despite all attempts by Anguka to transfer her abroad (via PS Kiplagat & Oyugi) that didn't work. Anguka and Ouko were neigbours in Koru. Ouko had it coming for screwing someone like Anguka wife - when he was able to get any woman he wanted.

And that is why Anguka is still in exile. As soon as the high court judge made mistake of believing his alibi and he ran to the US.

I don't see any reason why in 90s - Moi or Biwott - would see Ouko as such a threat - If Moi or Biwott wanted to assisinate people - there were a dime a dozen more dangerous folks (to their careers) like Matiba or Jaramogi or Kibaki.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 08:48:54 AM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 09:29:45 AM »
Unfortunately the Kenya Police were not independent. I am sure Troon released similar notes when he concluded Biwott and Oyugi were the chief suspects.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 09:38:20 AM »
Troon took international con-woman evidence and denied Ouko family justice. Kenya CID in 90s was one of Africa's best. They nailed Anguka. The judges decided to believe Anguka alibi that he was being massaged by his nephew.
Unfortunately the Kenya Police were not independent. I am sure Troon released similar notes when he concluded Biwott and Oyugi were the chief suspects.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 09:51:40 AM »
Alright Pundit. What happened to Ouko's wife - Christabel? She was ever in the news in the 90s.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 09:57:10 AM »
I think she was in news recently during Ouko anniversary or something like that. The Oyugi, Anguka and Ouko were engaged in a wierd love-triangle. OUko was screwing Anguka wife who acted as his PA. Christabel Ouko was screwing Oyugi. Anguka definitely one of the killer(s). Oyugi was also probably involved - he  was spotted in Kisumu that night and denied he was there. Both Oyugi & Anguka kept frustrating Troon. Biwott was brought in thro the Marriane italian con-woman whom Biwott had kicked out in 80s.
Alright Pundit. What happened to Ouko's wife - Christabel? She was ever in the news in the 90s.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 03:20:49 PM »
I believe you. I think Nicholas is being blamed unfairly.

However tell me one thing, did serikali get a bloody nose because of its penchant for controlling news and therefore appeared guilty?

I think Moi for once panicked.
Troon took international con-woman evidence and denied Ouko family justice. Kenya CID in 90s was one of Africa's best. They nailed Anguka. The judges decided to believe Anguka alibi that he was being massaged by his nephew.