Author Topic: KDF dumps Chinese for American war plane  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
KDF dumps Chinese for American war plane
« on: April 24, 2021, 04:24:42 AM »
  • US-made C-145 Skytruck to replace Chinese-made Harbin Y-12 also known as the Yunshuji-12.
  • The Y-12 aircrafts have had a series of mishaps on Kenyan skies.

The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) has unveiled an American aircraft, the C-145 Skytruck, viewed as a replacement to the Chinese-made Harbin Y-12 also known as the Yunshuji-12.

The Y-12 aircrafts have had a series of mishaps on Kenyan skies.

“It is a great day today as we introduce the C-145 Skytruck Aircraft. This aircraft will not be in the service for display but to enhance the capability of our air support to our sister Services,” Kenya Air Force Commander Major General Francis Ogolla said yesterday during the commissioning of the C-145 Skytruck.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: KDF dumps Chinese for American war plane
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 05:00:02 AM »
Robina, Pundit, et al who pander to China, listen up: Chinese hardware is very risky. China hasn't still mastered basic manufacturing let alone sophisticated stuff such planes. Anyway the slow pivot away from China has began. The next gova will ngoa SGR reli.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 08:05:49 AM »

What makes the basis for tender decisions is not the quality but more so to do with where they can eat more.
Monica Juma is currently the Defence CS she is greatly linked to Nancy Gitau who is Uhurus nerve in his dealings. There in lies the decision to source from U.S. and not China.

Robina, Pundit, et al who pander to China, listen up: Chinese hardware is very risky. China hasn't still mastered basic manufacturing let alone sophisticated stuff such planes. Anyway the slow pivot away from China has began. The next gova will ngoa SGR reli.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 08:26:55 AM »
China has a long way to master defence equipment. For instance the KDF F-5 fighter jets manufactured in the 60s are still flying. No Chinese aircraft would be operating for that long not even a quarter long.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 09:14:57 AM »
Sound to me like bla de bla. Bring global defence analysis or sales so we know. Otherwise I bet the decision like this factored many things including pilot training, US or China funding the military or AMISOM in Somalia.

End of day - these defence contracts are secretive and very corrupt. You can bet Uhuru and Gideon are eating.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 09:16:56 AM »
US said the same until they had to ban Huawei for launching 5-G fast. China is learning fast. Whatever hardware was manufactured last year is completely different from this year. China will dominate the world. The soon you accept that reality - the more at peace you will be.

Your western benefactors time - came - and went. When it come to railways - China is another planet.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 09:46:40 AM »
What the U.S. has had over the Chinese so far is talent: the U.S. has imported the best/most talent in the world for decades. But talent follows capital and the Chinese have decided to throw everything into the ring. China's latest 5-year plan has dumped a ton of capital into Chinese research and innovation, prompted chiefly by the U.S.-led Anglo-Saxon sabotage that convinced their "vassal states" :D to stop chips getting to the Chinese and such. It's being rolled out immediately and will be @ maximum gear in 2025. IOW, every advantage they've had is being wiped out vis-a-vis China, and fast.

The last thing the West will have is their control of narrative (and the globe's reserve currency), hence why only people who stick chiefly with Western media don't know how things be unfolding -esp 'Native English' media (US/UK/Canada/Australia/New Zealand). At least if you watch European news you'll get a bit more balance in the picture of the world, even though still heavily slanted Westward. France 24 and others have been a bit better in reporting than their Anglican brethren.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 11:04:30 AM »
Yes if you check the patents China are filling - they look overtook US.
What US have is the media and propaganda.
But like little Aljazeera showed - it easy for China to fill the gap.
All they need is to get English speaking global media houses.
What the U.S. has had over the Chinese so far is talent: the U.S. has imported the best/most talent in the world for decades. But talent follows capital and the Chinese have decided to throw everything into the ring. China's latest 5-year plan has dumped a ton of capital into Chinese research and innovation, prompted chiefly by the U.S.-led Anglo-Saxon sabotage that convinced their "vassal states" :D to stop chips getting to the Chinese and such. It's being rolled out immediately and will be @ maximum gear in 2025. IOW, every advantage they've had is being wiped out vis-a-vis China, and fast.

The last thing the West will have is their control of narrative (and the globe's reserve currency), hence why only people who stick chiefly with Western media don't know how things be unfolding -esp 'Native English' media (US/UK/Canada/Australia/New Zealand). At least if you watch European news you'll get a bit more balance in the picture of the world, even though still heavily slanted Westward. France 24 and others have been a bit better in reporting than their Anglican brethren.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 06:29:51 PM »
  • US-made C-145 Skytruck to replace Chinese-made Harbin Y-12 also known as the Yunshuji-12.
  • The Y-12 aircrafts have had a series of mishaps on Kenyan skies.
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) has unveiled an American aircraft, the C-145 Skytruck, viewed as a replacement to the Chinese-made Harbin Y-12 also known as the Yunshuji-12.

The Y-12 aircrafts have had a series of mishaps on Kenyan skies.

“It is a great day today as we introduce the C-145 Skytruck Aircraft. This aircraft will not be in the service for display but to enhance the capability of our air support to our sister Services,” Kenya Air Force Commander Major General Francis Ogolla said yesterday during the commissioning of the C-145 Skytruck.

The Sky truck is Polish https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL_M28_Skytruck.   Really a licensed Antonov An-28 which is actually Russian.

KDF are not buying American because those deals are publicized and overboard.  You cannot eat with your mouth open :D .

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 07:42:54 PM »
Were the crop dusters retired?

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 07:54:22 PM »
Were the crop dusters retired?

Congress smelled a rat and got interested.  GOK shelved the deal because there was nothing to eat anymore.

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2017/02/23/lawmakers-want-us-kenya-aircraft-sale-investigated/
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2021, 01:07:39 AM »
 I found the following article interesting with regards to the west's propaganda against China.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/522154-cynical-hypocrisy-propaganda-us/

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 04:00:39 PM »

I think when it comes to precision machinery(gears, engines etc) you trust Germany,the US and the bazungu in general.  China's forte seems to be cheap production of otherwise popular items(phones, toothbrushes, mouse pads, computers) - and they have done well in cornering that market because their scale makes for an even cheaper product.  It's the South Koreans who seem to have broken into the US in a big way that even the Japanese did not.  I am starting to see a lot of households with Korean equipment(washers/driers, refrigerators, TVs, cars etc).

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 04:51:12 PM »
South Korea is not a joke when it comes to production of highend items. A relative small country, but very advanced in just less than 60 years. We were at the same level with S. Korea in 1963. Hard to believe.
China's biggest advantage is the size of its local market.

I think when it comes to precision machinery(gears, engines etc) you trust Germany,the US and the bazungu in general.  China's forte seems to be cheap production of otherwise popular items(phones, toothbrushes, mouse pads, computers) - and they have done well in cornering that market because their scale makes for an even cheaper product.  It's the South Koreans who seem to have broken into the US in a big way that even the Japanese did not.  I am starting to see a lot of households with Korean equipment(washers/driers, refrigerators, TVs, cars etc).

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 06:10:14 PM »

The Japanese are really good at precision manufacturing, South Koreans too. Koreans have been heavily influenced by Japanese culture - hence their meticulousness. Those that excel in those industries have a culture of fastidiousness and attention to detail. Chinese are famously sloppy, if you read Lee Kuan Yew's biography he remarks on that, early on in Singapore's history, authorities used to whip HBD flat residents who spit in elevators. He was aware of Chinese habits being one himself, he called them a filthy race  :D so he went about changing their character, training the whole population, needless to say SG today is one the cleanest places despite its high population density. Mainland China needs a campaign like that.

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2021, 11:33:35 PM »
South Korea is not a joke when it comes to production of highend items. A relative small country, but very advanced in just less than 60 years. We were at the same level with S. Korea in 1963. Hard to believe.
China's biggest advantage is the size of its local market.

To be fair, that would be only in terms of GDP.  But their society's level of organization is a little more ancient than Kenyans who to-date are still bunch of tribes trying to come together.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2021, 11:36:46 PM »

The Japanese are really good at precision manufacturing, South Koreans too. Koreans have been heavily influenced by Japanese culture - hence their meticulousness. Those that excel in those industries have a culture of fastidiousness and attention to detail. Chinese are famously sloppy, if you read Lee Kuan Yew's biography he remarks on that, early on in Singapore's history, authorities used to whip HBD flat residents who spit in elevators. He was aware of Chinese habits being one himself, he called them a filthy race  :D so he went about changing their character, training the whole population, needless to say SG today is one the cleanest places despite its high population density. Mainland China needs a campaign like that.

Indeed.  I think they have the skills to do stuff, but lack the discipline to do it to certain standards.  It will be a minute before I hop on a Chinese made plane(or anything that is supposed to keep you alive) without saying a long prayer - and I am an atheist. 

Harriet Tubman