Author Topic: Robina, China's digi-currency is here  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Robina, China's digi-currency is here
« on: April 12, 2021, 05:51:45 AM »
Whats so different about it?
We have CC that we can se anywhere, so does it mean it can only be used locally?
Is it any different than Mpesa?

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-04-10/china-poised-to-dominate-digital-currency-electronic-payments

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Robina, China's digi-currency is here
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 02:50:39 PM »
You are right there is no difference between this and M-Pesa or Paypal. This is digi-currency not crypto.

The import of crypto is not only the anonymity - but the independence from any central bank. Ergo, only BTC or ETH and such qualify as crypto. Value is controlled entirely by the market not state monetary policy. Ironically the more accepted say BTC is by mainstream markets - Tesla, Walmart, etc - the more stable it becomes. Because the markets reflect actual assets not arbitrary demand-supply for which BTC is notorious. Ultimately the question is: who between the central banks (the Fed or PBOC) and the [internet] free market is more trustworthy? It's rather obvious, isn't it?

BTC eats into the power of the Fed and PBOC. So I don't trust China's intentions with this, beyond battling SWIFT that is. It is meant to undermine crypto. Fed hegemony is more likely to be supplanted by PBOC hegemony yet crypto undermines that.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527