Author Topic: Putin On Borrowing To Stimulate Economy  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Putin On Borrowing To Stimulate Economy
« on: April 06, 2021, 07:46:00 PM »

https://www.rt.com/russia/520258-putin-major-address-future/

At a meeting of the World Economic Forum in January, Putin warned that the coronavirus pandemic was driving countries to borrow beyond their means and driving up inequality. Increasing the debt burden, he said, was an outdated way of stimulating growth. “If 20 or 30 years ago the problem could be solved by means of stimulating macro-economic policy, today these mechanisms have reached their limits,” the president said.

“Over the past 30 years, real incomes of people living in most of the developed countries have stagnated while the cost of education and health services has increased. Millions of people, even in rich countries, no longer see the prospect of boosting their incomes,” Putin added.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Putin On Borrowing To Stimulate Economy
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 10:25:38 AM »
Russia is a world military power but an economic dwarf. Nobody will listen to Putin when he talks about the world economy.
Btw, what is the stock market index of Russia called?

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 01:59:16 PM »

For a country which integrated proper in Worlds economy in 2001 and accepted in WTO in 2012 and started being sactioned in 2014. They are doing well by all standards.

Russia is a world military power but an economic dwarf. Nobody will listen to Putin when he talks about the world economy.
Btw, what is the stock market index of Russia called?

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 02:40:10 PM »
Can you mention to me one single item, apart from Sputnik V that is Made in Russia that has world standards?
Russia such a big country with lots of arable land even imports  a lot of its food. Had it not been for oil and gas, Russia would be at the same level with Kenya today.

For a country which integrated proper in Worlds economy in 2001 and accepted in WTO in 2012 and started being sactioned in 2014. They are doing well by all standards.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 07:05:20 PM »
Yawa, the EU thought Sputnik Vwas a joke. They analyzed it and to their surprise it was effective as the Russians had said it was - 91%. It was the second (or is it 5th shock - if name Sputnik V applies - since Oct 1957). Brains are not a monopoly of a single region or country. Vaccines were in use in ancient China long before Edward Jenner discovered them. An Iraqi Information Minister reminded the Americans during the Gulf War that their (Iraqi) forefathers were doing mathematics and physics at a time the Americans were scratching in caves.
@KaInsect you have just asked a dumb question: Where do you think the name SPUTNIK has been resurrected from? The Russians (USSR) were the first country to put a satellite in space - that is not World standard??? You are brainwashed  by your former colonial masters. I feel nothing for Russians, etc but let the truth be told.
On Oct. 4, 1957, Sputnik 1 successfully launched and entered Earth's orbit. Thus, began the space age. The successful launch shocked the world, giving the former Soviet Union the distinction of putting the first human-made object into space
Style up after this slip up bro
Can you mention to me one single item, apart from Sputnik V that is Made in Russia that has world standards?
Russia such a big country with lots of arable land even imports  a lot of its food. Had it not been for oil and gas, Russia would be at the same level with Kenya today.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 02:22:07 AM »
vodka :) I think most of those bastora with Kenyan police are Russian including AK47.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 02:26:50 AM »
i have always struggled to comprehend the reason for the slack in the Russian economy. Top-notch schools, very high level of education per capita, gender parity, lots of geniuses and distinguished scientists with Nobel prizes, etc. Just sleaze and lack of democracy? They kicked communism a while back - 90s. They seem to have stagnated at the take-off chasm that China has been so careful to beat.

Noway seems to know alot.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 06:01:07 AM »
i have always struggled to comprehend the reason for the slack in the Russian economy. Top-notch schools, very high level of education per capita, gender parity, lots of geniuses and distinguished scientists with Nobel prizes, etc. Just sleaze and lack of democracy? They kicked communism a while back - 90s. They seem to have stagnated at the take-off chasm that China has been so careful to beat.

Noway seems to know alot.

Russians are very unethical, that is the reason they lag behind. They were beginning to see the light, then Putin put a lid on it. They basically depend on Putin for everything. He is the law.
THey came up with a COVID vaccine, but never submitted the data to WHO for review.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 10:44:17 AM »
I get they are missing out on the freedom dividend so necessary for progress... but so are the Chinese? And yes I agree Putin is a big negative factor. But the Russians ruled once or more in the past; I don't believe ethics and freedom are enough to explain away the stall mystery. If they could match the west they should be great at conquering adversity.

Was the doping fiasco real or western propaganda?

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 11:47:37 AM »
Evident most of you have been brainwashed.
The same kind of brainswashing which makes you support Raila while it is very clear that  he is part and parcel of the reason Kenya is in the mess it is.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 03:02:54 PM »
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2021-04-08-health-ministry-mum-on-compensation-as-sputnik-v-importer-seeks-to-ship-out-vaccine/

I gather Ruto got the Russian jab...
I get they are missing out on the freedom dividend so necessary for progress... but so are the Chinese? And yes I agree Putin is a big negative factor. But the Russians ruled once or more in the past; I don't believe ethics and freedom are enough to explain away the stall mystery. If they could match the west they should be great at conquering adversity.

Was the doping fiasco real or western propaganda?

Look at your neighbor Uganda. How come they are so far behind?
Its basically poor leadership.
Same thing with Russia. They are so entrenched in paranoia, they fail to plan. They still think its the 20th century.
China adopted western style planning ideas and they got better with time. Now they use the same power to subjugate minorities who dare speak any negative things.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 03:06:04 PM »
The same kind of brainswashing which makes you support Raila while it is very clear that  he is part and parcel of the reason Kenya is in the mess it is.

I absolutely agree with you about "brainwashed". Only thing is i am unable to see any concrete govt reform brought about by your dear "leader". This is the same man who stole land from his poor neighbors.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 03:45:25 PM »
You seem stuck with your colonial masters. As of me I was born in independent Kenya and never was colonised physically nor mentally.
Feeling for the Russians does not help them a bit. Russia today has little to offer the world. Even a small country like Singapore has more to offer its citizens and people of the world.
Would you love to live in Russia today? Just a simple question.
This has nothing to do with Western countries as you always seem to argue. Anything that is not going your way is Western propaganda.

Yawa, the EU thought Sputnik Vwas a joke. They analyzed it and to their surprise it was effective as the Russians had said it was - 91%. It was the second (or is it 5th shock - if name Sputnik V applies - since Oct 1957). Brains are not a monopoly of a single region or country. Vaccines were in use in ancient China long before Edward Jenner discovered them. An Iraqi Information Minister reminded the Americans during the Gulf War that their (Iraqi) forefathers were doing mathematics and physics at a time the Americans were scratching in caves.
@KaInsect you have just asked a dumb question: Where do you think the name SPUTNIK has been resurrected from? The Russians (USSR) were the first country to put a satellite in space - that is not World standard??? You are brainwashed  by your former colonial masters. I feel nothing for Russians, etc but let the truth be told.
On Oct. 4, 1957, Sputnik 1 successfully launched and entered Earth's orbit. Thus, began the space age. The successful launch shocked the world, giving the former Soviet Union the distinction of putting the first human-made object into space

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2021, 01:01:33 AM »
Kadudu i think your snide was aimed at Noway? Russians discernibly are corrupt and lack work ethic; my puzzle is why so while in the past they could match or even beat the great USA.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 02:13:15 AM »
Kadudu i think your snide was aimed at Noway? Russians discernibly are corrupt and lack work ethic; my puzzle is why so while in the past they could match or even beat the great USA.

...because they were part of a great transnational, transethnic super state called the USSR which included the Baltic states, all the stans, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan and one of the largest Jewish populations in the world among others. You see it wasn't just the Russians, Stalin for example was a Georgian. It was the synergy of those nations talents that made the Soviet empire so powerful.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 08:50:36 AM »
Russia never really embraced market economy and there is lies their inefficiency. SOE still account for huge part of Russia economy. If they full embrace market economy - they have strong fundamentals to become 3rd largest economy after US and China - but for now Kadudu Germany will kick arse - and maybe India.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 10:13:59 PM »
Russia never really embraced market economy and there is lies their inefficiency. SOE still account for huge part of Russia economy. If they full embrace market economy - they have strong fundamentals to become 3rd largest economy after US and China - but for now Kadudu Germany will kick arse - and maybe India.

I thought you were for Chinese style mainly SOE, command and control heavy economy? Russia tried market economy in the 90's and ended with oligarchs looting the country dry. A market style economy requires the rule of law. Russia is a militaristic state more intent on causing trouble abroad than being economically efficient, it is basically a gangster fiefdom with nuclear missiles. Russian character is that of a bully and a knuckle dragger. They probably think its feminine to respect laws and what not. Basically they are like the Arabs in their mindset; savages who like glitz and luxury that comes with Western style consumerism but can't recreate it in their country so they party in London, Paris and New York. This the reason they hate the Magnitsky act because it deprives them of access to their favorite party and shopping spots.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 10:24:02 PM »
No I am all for public investment - not SOEs - but building infrastructure china style - hardware - and all that. I believe gov SOES should be sold/privatized like yesterday and money used to build infrastructure - roads, rails, ports, airports and such.  Without the best hardware - there is so much software can do. US is stuck because it's hardware has not been upgraded since Eisenhower built the expressways.

Russia has the fundamentals - their have very good education - especially on Maths and Sciences - large country that is 10% of earth (entire north pole) with lots of natural resources- very proud people - large population etc.

Obviously it has communist hangovers - and if they embrace market economy - I see them achieving their full potential.

They can learn from chinese or japanase - embrace market economy and retain your culture - they don't need to ape western europe.

Obviously this will happen when Putin dies - and new reformist gov come in - that would embrace the best western world offers (free market economy that foster competition and efficiency)  - while keeping Russian eastern culture.

I thought you were for Chinese style mainly SOE, command and control heavy economy? Russia tried market economy in the 90's and ended with oligarchs looting the country dry. A market style economy requires the rule of law. Russia is a militaristic state more intent on causing trouble abroad than being economically efficient, it is basically a gangster fiefdom with nuclear missiles. Russian character is that of a bully and a knuckle dragger. They probably think its feminine to respect laws and what not. Basically they are like the Arabs in their mindset; savages who like glitz and luxury that comes with Western style consumerism but can't recreate it in their country so they party in London, Paris and New York. This the reason they hate the Magnitsky act because it deprives them of access to their favorite party and shopping spots.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 05:28:14 PM »
How can you steal what is rightful yours .You need to revisit history and you will note U.S.S.R. was one big Country . The then U.S.S.R. Head of state transferred Crimea under authority of Russian state to Ukraine state guided by planning reasons like water and electricity . Same way you can say Gatanga previously under Thika District was moved to Muranga County . Or Nanyuki previously under Nyandarua went to Laikipia .

I absolutely agree with you about "brainwashed". Only thing is i am unable to see any concrete govt reform brought about by your dear "leader". This is the same man who stole land from his poor neighbors.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 05:31:35 PM »
Very True Audacity , You need to tell him why The colonial masters decided to demonize Russia . Simply because they were related to the Emperors of Russia who were massacred during  1917 Russian Revolution .