Author Topic: I think I have covid-19  (Read 11495 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: I think I have covid-19
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2021, 05:28:02 PM »
That is the right way of doing it before spreading it all around. Not all who catch it from you will be able to cope with it the same way as you.

Alas symptoms tend to be symptoms shared by many other things.  Yes, even during covid, something else can cause these symptoms.  I would probably start with a test and go from there.

That's right.  Also you ultimately do not want to overwhelm the healthcare system and minimizing panic is important in that case.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/media-personality-lorna-irungu-dies--3331674

I have a feeling Covid is the new scapegoat, excuse, fall guy etc for every untimely death.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2021, 09:59:36 AM »
My fever now graduated to the shaking one

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 12:59:04 PM »
Pole sana.
Kindly stay at home before spreading it around. These are typical symptoms of covid infection. Drink a lot of herbal tea and take some medicine against flu.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2021, 02:59:17 PM »

Just remember that it can spike one minute and then stabilize the next, That is the nature of the virus. overall it should trend downwards. I have read of a few who have had symptoms for a year.  Thye are in a brain fog.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2021, 03:33:40 PM »
Antigen test came negative but still feeling terrible..oxygen levels 93

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2021, 06:01:41 PM »
Coincidentally, I got this today from a relative in Kenya. See attachment.
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2021, 07:02:36 PM »

Rv be careful especially with those tests in Kenya.  I got tested last Monday for my flight back to Boston for Thursday and got a negative result only to test positive when I arrived here on Friday.  So far am managing it but the headache is killing me.  Get an oximeter and check your oxygen concentration often.  Anything below 92% check yourself into the emergency room.  Wish you well sir.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2021, 07:18:07 PM »

Rv be careful especially with those tests in Kenya.  I got tested last Monday for my flight back to Boston for Thursday and got a negative result only to test positive when I arrived here on Friday.  So far am managing it but the headache is killing me.  Get an oximeter and check your oxygen concentration often.  Anything below 92% check yourself into the emergency room.  Wish you well sir.

How reliable are these tests? I know in the beginnimg it was 60%. Get well Mankind. I am glad I held back on my trip to Ke. I just do not want to risk it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2021, 07:20:26 PM »
Yes didn't trust their test at all, my oxygen level no good, wife was 97; and I was 93/94; anyway got injected antibiotics; feeling much better; Friday I hope to get properly tested. Fever and headache; the food tasting like nothing; loss of apetite; now am also dehydrated from sweating;

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2021, 09:37:04 PM »

I think you got it in between the tests. I've seen that many times.

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2021, 09:56:41 PM »
covid PCR test seem not standardized. Countries and jurisdictions seem to be operating at different thureshold pcr cycle count...

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2021, 06:05:05 PM »
Okay no improvement. Oxygen 94.I have no appetite. This thing now serious

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2021, 08:12:47 PM »
 Pundit you need to get a chest x-ray to make sure your lungs are ok. I had to go to the emergency room because of the headaches but my oxygen levels and temperature are normal.  I  was put on a strong painkiller for 5 days.  I  feel better today and even took a walk.  You might have to be on a breathing treatment of some sort. Don't take a chance on this thing sir.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2021, 09:55:35 PM »
Oh my God, pole sana my dearest RVP  :o

From what you've said it doesn't sound like Covid but pneumonia caused by cold. Pneumonia for the common cold comes gradually and takes weeks to months to recover. I recommend Tamiflu.

If it was Covid at the pneumonia stage and rarely does it get to this stage unlike the common cold, you would be in hospital on ventilators because it deteriorates rapidly however you don't fit the profile of Covid at pneumonia stage, tends to be very elderley and those with preexisting conditions.

Anyway, please eat lots, my prayers are with you even though I'm certain you're ok, please take care. x

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2021, 01:09:51 AM »
Thats Covid based on description. Loss of taste and smell...thats Covid. Been there. Had to check myself in Sinai medical, LA. Check yourself in ASAP before major damage to internal organs.

From what you've said it doesn't sound like Covid but pneumonia caused by cold. Pneumonia for the common cold comes gradually and takes weeks to months to recover. I recommend Tamiflu.

If it was Covid at the pneumonia stage and rarely does it get to this stage unlike the common cold, you would be in hospital on ventilators because it deteriorates rapidly however you don't fit the profile of Covid at pneumonia stage, tends to be very elderley and those with preexisting conditions.

Anyway, please eat lots, my prayers are with you even though I'm certain you're ok, please take care. x

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2021, 10:00:38 AM »
Okay going to Nairobi hospital..bloody international insurance are pain

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »

thank but how do I eat without appetite

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2021, 11:33:26 AM »

thank but how do I eat without appetite

Do smoothies and supplements.  Not eating is counterproductive.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2021, 01:19:42 PM »
Now at hospital.my oxygen at 89 and high blood pressure. Look bad