Author Topic: I think I have covid-19  (Read 11503 times)

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: I think I have covid-19
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2021, 05:13:38 AM »
Sanitizer with 70% alcohol is an enemy of the virus. So don't blame alcohol per se. Blame your judgement after the alcohol. Chances are you got your covid from a mpango. I admonished you on this column when you said you wanted to travel the world sampling ndogo ndogos. Seems you didn't immediately take my advice . Don't cheat yourself about being "youngest".  At your age you are past that. Be faithful to your wife and family. There is more to life than its earthly misguided pleasures. I bet it is only your family that showed concern when you were hospitalized. You have been on the other side, now post stories of wisdom and what will save this country and its future generations.
Yes that to me is key take away - stay healthy - I was healthiest I bet in that ward - everyone had issues with diabetes - high blood pressure - I don't know what - and I was also youngest. I think the biggest struggle for me is going to be alcohol - I love my alcohol. I will give up sugar. I will try to exercise.
Very courageous! All the best. Too bad this had to be the moment of truth.

The message on weight, BMI, and consequent lifestyle diseases remains a hot political potato which has been overtaken by vaccine option. This must be because most politicians, technocrats and all influencers are averagely overweight.

The profile of majority succumbing is largely similar - overweight. It must be scary. I gained a few kilos during lockdown and it was crazy losing them even for a 6 taller.

Discharged.Man being treated like a leper.Not easy.But glad I am feeling okay except for wierd mid head pressure..hope too much lying on these beds. I really need to wake up and change my life from now on.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2021, 05:19:37 PM »
Yes that to me is key take away - stay healthy - I was healthiest I bet in that ward - everyone had issues with diabetes - high blood pressure - I don't know what - and I was also youngest. I think the biggest struggle for me is going to be alcohol - I love my alcohol. I will give up sugar. I will try to exercise.

The message on weight, BMI, and consequent lifestyle diseases remains a hot political potato which has been overtaken by vaccine option. This must be because most politicians, technocrats and all influencers are averagely overweight.

The profile of majority succumbing is largely similar - overweight. It must be scary. I gained a few kilos during lockdown and it was crazy losing them even for a 6 taller.

Discharged.Man being treated like a leper.Not easy.But glad I am feeling okay except for wierd mid head pressure..hope too much lying on these beds. I really need to wake up and change my life from now on.

Health is seriously underrated.  At a certain age(differs from person to person), it becomes important to actually monitor what you are putting in your body, because you are no longer able to count on the metabolism of youth.  Food can kill - even worse than alcohol, because it happens right under our noses totally oblivious.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2021, 07:31:04 PM »
Mind to share the kind of treatment received...might help someone who cannot afford high medical bill. Update on medical bill to....help to know what Kenyans are up against.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2021, 07:35:55 PM »
The medical bill was "cheap"..about 2K dollars so didn't need insurance (will claim)...and they gave me antibiotics, multivitamins and pretty much what they were doing is regularly monitoring of my vitals.
Mind to share the kind of treatment received...might help someone who cannot afford high medical bill. Update on medical bill to....help to know what Kenyans are up against.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2021, 07:38:27 PM »
The medical bill was "cheap"..about 2K dollars so didn't need insurance (will claim)...and they gave me antibiotics, multivitamins and pretty much what they were doing is regularly monitoring of my vitals.

Wow $2k dollars that is cheap. Which hospital?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »

Health is seriously underrated.  At a certain age(differs from person to person), it becomes important to actually monitor what you are putting in your body, because you are no longer able to count on the metabolism of youth.  Food can kill - even worse than alcohol, because it happens right under our noses totally oblivious.

This right there is the best advice. After 35 your should calibrate your eating habits to fit the slowing metabolism. I used to do junk foods every day in my 20s. Now I can't have to be extremely careful on what I eat. It is a battle but it can be won by changing lifestyle.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2021, 01:05:42 AM »

This right there is the best advice. After 35 your should calibrate your eating habits to fit the slowing metabolism. I used to do junk foods every day in my 20s. Now I can't have to be extremely careful on what I eat. It is a battle but it can be won by changing lifestyle.

Yeppers.  Eating food, unlike liquor, doesn’t give you immediate warning signs like altered mind state, pounding headaches etc.   By the time you get those signs from food, it’s usually too late.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman