Author Topic: Nakuru - Mt Kenya or Kalenjin nation.  (Read 5002 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Nakuru - Mt Kenya or Kalenjin nation.
« on: March 14, 2021, 09:54:13 AM »
This week I was in Mau - adding more land - and I had to go pick the owner somewhere past mauche - near Mau Narok - past Nakuru town on the mau forest side. I am told Kalenjin mainly kipsigis have expanded all the way to near Naivasha. While I was under the impression that Kikuyu were controlling al the way from Molo to Naivasha - apparently Kalenjin have crept all the way to Naivasha - from the mountains/forest ranges

I think last census had Kikuyus at around 50%; Kalenjin were past 40%; the rest at 10%. In 2009 it was 55 versus 37. In 1992 - Kalenjin were 15% of Nakuru - and then Moi opened the floodgates in 90s- and allowed Kalenjin to occupy the fridges of Mau forest.

Kihika may be the last kikuyu governor of Nakuru. Lee is gone.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Re: Nakuru - Mt Kenya or Kalenjin nation.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 10:03:26 AM »
This week I was in Mau - adding more land - and I had to go pick the owner somewhere past mauche - near Mau Narok - past Nakuru town on the mau forest side. I am told Kalenjin mainly kipsigis have expanded all the way to near Naivasha.

I think last census had Kikuyus at around 50%; Kalenjin were past 40%; the rest at 10%. In 2009 it was 55 versus 37.

It is pitiful and sad for masaai and kalenjin the land they lost to other local kabilas, how are you recovering it?by buying it back? It's appears only kipsigis are expanding what about Nandi and others,? I have been to rift valley and apart from the scenery nothing else appealed to me. I remember standing outside of a bank in eldoret waiting for someone the minutes I spent ther about 30 minutes I heard almost a dozen different languages,first was Kikuyu followed by kalenjin then kisii,mbaluja kamba and others I couldn't make out including bazungu na bahindi.
Pundit how do you guys live intermingled with these kabilas?in isiolo for instance apart from Merus it's just Somalis Borana samburu and turkana. And in Meru/Tharaka nithi proper you can directly speak to anyone in Kimiiru and 98% you will be answered back in Kimiiru.
I wish kalenjins all the best from this pitiful state honestly bomet is already most poverty stricken part of Kenya due to overpopulation.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 11:16:56 AM »
Njuri you're small tribe..kalenjin are in  3 countries..and occupy huge fertile land holdings in 11 counties of Kenya.Bomet is largest tea producer in Kenya so how can it the poorest.Boss wacha bhangi juu ya miraa.Comsopolitan areas are in former white highlands..of nakuru,nyandarua,laikipia,uasin gishu and transzoia.Rift valley is nearly half Kenya occupying 180k  out of 540km..sasa hiyo little meru or my Kenya is like 300kms long by 40km wide ukifika forest
.that from Nairobi to end of meru..mere 12,000..kajiado is bigger than that..is mt Kenya entire ancestral land

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 11:55:44 AM »
You are now sounding like a Nyanzanian, escaping the reality.
Kikuyus were chased from euasin ngishu and Transzoia in 2007 , they settled in Nakuru and there was a population boom.
All these Kikuyus in Nakuru support Ruto for a particular reason and its very impessive cos era of tribalism is under rhe brigde.Once politicians understand that they will be on another road.

This week I was in Mau - adding more land - and I had to go pick the owner somewhere past mauche - near Mau Narok - past Nakuru town on the mau forest side. I am told Kalenjin mainly kipsigis have expanded all the way to near Naivasha. While I was under the impression that Kikuyu were controlling al the way from Molo to Naivasha - apparently Kalenjin have crept all the way to Naivasha - from the mountains/forest ranges

I think last census had Kikuyus at around 50%; Kalenjin were past 40%; the rest at 10%. In 2009 it was 55 versus 37. In 1992 - Kalenjin were 15% of Nakuru - and then Moi opened the floodgates in 90s- and allowed Kalenjin to occupy the fridges of Mau forest.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 12:02:19 PM »
Pointless debate. Obviously Kalenjin especially Kipsigis are in baby boom phase hence their interclan Ogiek conflict, Mau-Narok conflict, and definitely Nakuru West which neighbors Rongai. The currency today is that Tangatanga lost crucial Kikuyu seats - Hell's Gate and Huruma. This should have been walkovers.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 12:02:29 PM »
Njuri you're small tribe..kalenjin are in  3 countries..and occupy huge fertile land holdings in 11 counties of Kenya.Bomet is largest tea producer in Kenya so how can it the poorest.Boss wacha bhangi juu ya miraa.Comsopolitan areas are in former white highlands..of nakuru,nyandarua,laikipia,uasin gishu and transzoia.Rift valley is nearly half Kenya occupying 180k  out of 540km..sasa hiyo little meru or my Kenya is like 300kms long by 40km wide ukifika forest
.that from Nairobi to end of meru..mere 12,000..kajiado is bigger than that..is mt Kenya entire ancestral land
Pundit you have ignored my questions and thrown smoke screen. My question is how are kipsigis expanding to near naivasha as you claim,I presume there is nonidle land and one has to buy or forcefully take it? You claim kalenjin are in three countries but everywhere they are mixed with madoadoa. Properly from records Bomet,Kericho,Uasin gishu, Nandi are smaller or equivalent to Meru county land wise.plus your huge population compared to ours means simply you have NO farm land. This is ther reality am always aching to find out where you guys farm and there is no land. My estimation is that most kalenjins are squatters and big farm land is in hands of Kikuyus,whites and bahindi. A few wealthy Moi Era politicians would fill the rest. A simple calculation would leave a typical Kalenjin family occupying 1/5 of an acre with 10 people to feed compared to us with average 1/2 and 5 people to feed. When you talk about rift valley being almost half of Kenya do you only kalenjins occupying all of it? Yes we are a small kabila but land wise and in sustainable production we are 60miles ahead. Anyways success trying to buy your land back.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counties_of_Kenya

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 12:27:27 PM »
Let's keep it Nakuru. The mzee I was buying land has 10 acres in kiptangich..southern tip of kuresoi where I normally buy..then he has another 10 acres in kaptich way past Nakuru..I was seeing gilgil..both land he has were given free by moi..5 acres for him and wife..many did the same or such to get more free land.I drove all the way from kiptangich to look for him..and hevtold kipsigis have expanded near naivasha. Population wise I have seen kikuyu are now down to 50.5% of Nakuru from I think 55-57 despite the post election realignment..kalenjin were 37% in 2009 and I bet over 40% in 2019.Nakuru and Narok are going to become part of kalenjin nation in less than a decade

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 12:29:01 PM »
Pundit you have ignored my questions and thrown smoke screen. My question is how are kipsigis expanding to near naivasha as you claim,I presume there is nonidle land and one has to buy or forcefully take it? You claim kalenjin are in three countries but everywhere they are mixed with madoadoa. Properly from records Bomet,Kericho,Uasin gishu, Nandi are smaller or equivalent to Meru county land wise.plus your huge population compared to ours means simply you have NO farm land. This is ther reality am always aching to find out where you guys farm and there is no land. My estimation is that most kalenjins are squatters and big farm land is in hands of Kikuyus,whites and bahindi. A few wealthy Moi Era politicians would fill the rest. A simple calculation would leave a typical Kalenjin family occupying 1/5 of an acre with 10 people to feed compared to us with average 1/2 and 5 people to feed. When you talk about rift valley being almost half of Kenya do you only kalenjins occupying all of it? Yes we are a small kabila but land wise and in sustainable production we are 60miles ahead. Anyways success trying to buy your land back.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counties_of_Kenya

miraa kitu mbaya..kalenjin have huge land..only place in Kenya you can still pasture land..kwenu everywhere has been digged..kalenjin still cultivate like 1/4 of land and leave the rest for cattle...not zero grazing

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 12:39:19 PM »
Pointless debate. Obviously Kalenjin especially Kipsigis are in baby boom phase hence their interclan Ogiek conflict, Mau-Narok conflict, and definitely Nakuru West which neighbors Rongai. The currency today is that Tangatanga lost crucial Kikuyu seats - Hell's Gate and Huruma. This should have been walkovers.
Yes the baby boom and youth bulge will lead serious problems ..I passed mauche where hapless police have ordered maize not be planted because the warriors were using it to ambush the police...

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 12:47:29 PM »
Pundit just answer me on how kalenjin have expanded to naivasha. Have they bought land or? Iyo tu. Don't beat around the bush. As I presume in Kenya as elsewhere in the world there is NO idle land.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »
Pundit just answer me on how kalenjin have expanded to naivasha. Have they bought land or? Iyo tu. Don't beat around the bush. As I presume in Kenya as elsewhere in the world there is NO idle land.
mostly mau forest and kicking out kikuyu who subsequently sold cheaply..plus buying from maasai and  ogiek .Mau forest complex has lost 1/4 of it size or about 0.25m of acres.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 01:05:22 PM »
I was here Kaptich Secondary School
https://maps.app.goo.gl/pkZZXiZntDdDuh32A

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 01:06:02 PM »
mostly mau forest and kicking out kikuyu who subsequently sold cheaply..plus buying from maasai and  ogiek .Mau forest complex has lost 1/4 of it size or about 0.25m of acres.
Well this now makes sense was it so hard just to answer that  :o? On the flip side this will create more tension in future. You are now at the door step of Nairobi and traditional Kikuyu land. Let's wait and see how it goes next 10 years.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 01:20:25 PM »
The road and infrastructure has been fixed ..runs in hills across kipsigis new land..so I expect more investment and migration there..initially people were afraid to pass through molo or njoro or Nakuru..now there continuous road you don't cross kikuyu land..if uhuru start war..he will lose because kalenjin are literally on mountain looking at njoro Nakuru gilgil and even naivasha..

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 01:40:10 PM »

Dont belive the hype,one reason Ruto has not been able to take it to Uhurus doorstep is because of Nakuru.
Remember the prayer meetings?  There are 30 % of Kales who hate Kikuyu to the core and they voted for Raila in 2013 and 2017 elections, for them its they want to go back to Mois era., they dont understand things change and one has to adapt..
I n 2013 and 2017 we were very warry of of the results but we knew Nakuru was the determinant factor, if you lose Nakuru you are gone.
Uhuru has managed to divide Kiambu, once he knows Nakuru is gone he will do whatever he wants, we will continue telling Ruto to keep way from RVs of this world.

Well this now makes sense was it so hard just to answer that  :o? On the flip side this will create more tension in future. You are now at the door step of Nairobi and traditional Kikuyu land. Let's wait and see how it goes next 10 years.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »

Dont belive the hype,one reason Ruto has not been able to take it to Uhurus doorstep is because of Nakuru.
Remember the prayer meetings?  There are 30 % of Kales who hate Kikuyu to the core and they voted for Raila in 2013 and 2017 elections, for them its they want to go back to Mois era., they dont understand things change and one has to adapt..
I n 2013 and 2017 we were very warry of of the results but we knew Nakuru was the determinant factor, if you lose Nakuru you are gone.
Uhuru has managed to divide Kiambu, once he knows Nakuru is gone he will do whatever he wants, we will continue telling Ruto to keep way from RVs of this world.

upuzi

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2021, 02:30:53 PM »

Why dont you switch and support Raila ? Its not that hard....

upuzi

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 02:51:11 PM »
Noway you right Ruto listened to Pundit and the Ilk like Sudi and outcome was loses 6 seats. Ruto needs to listen to us mlima people if he wants to be successful, Kalenjins can't be trusted entirely and thus the reason Ruto needs to surround himself with mountain people.kalenjins mostly care about reaping dry governmen and historical manenos

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2021, 02:55:05 PM »
Why would we support Raila instead of Ruto?
Why dont you switch and support Raila ? Its not that hard....

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2021, 02:56:21 PM »
Very funny when the most untrustworthy people wanted to be trusted than most honourable of people.Kalenjin are very honourable people. Once we decide to go a certain direction - we go.  I doubt if the word honour even exist in Kimeru.

I think GEMA people are in fix - you've basically run out of options - and Ruto is your best bet - otherwise Raila is BAD NEWS.

It's btw a rock and a hard place. You really don't have that much choice.

You shuftle the cards - Ruto comes out - You try again - Raila comes out.

Well you could try Gideon Moi or MaDVD or Kalonzo - with guaranteed failure.

Politics is not a love affair. Ruto will do 50-50 with GEMA. And we continue as before - and that best deal in town - trust me. If Raila goes in - prepare for MEGA SHAFTING - Nairobi will disappear in a newyork minute - hapo utakuwa unafika Thika - unarudi tu :) coz Ja-Luo is bad news and carries huge axes from 1960s. In cities jaluo will do the shafting - in rural maize plantation - kalenjin will do theirs.

Noway you right Ruto listened to Pundit and the Ilk like Sudi and outcome was loses 6 seats. Ruto needs to listen to us mlima people if he wants to be successful, Kalenjins can't be trusted entirely and thus the reason Ruto needs to surround himself with mountain people.kalenjins mostly care about reaping dry governmen and historical manenos