Author Topic: Robina and Elon Musk groupies wanalia kwa choo  (Read 4754 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Robina and Elon Musk groupies wanalia kwa choo
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2021, 02:15:32 PM »
78kwh is lot of power..but will raw material to make batteries scale like dirty cheap oil

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2021, 10:24:57 PM »
Soros your equally old namesake is a dirty Zionist pig and a neocon. I see you mean the megapacks in Texas... 2.1k MW power storage is not a joke. With 37k MW generation capacity of pure green power. Texas wild storms are easier gig than Southern Aussie 2017 where Tesla wired a state 50% bigger than TX in 100 days.

A Model 3 battery is 78kWh at 350volts.. a mere 1kW that can last 350km on the road. That TX plant could run the city's full EV fleet.

This is the future, Bina. Generate power in Africa, airlift it to Tx during an emergency, voila POWER. They used to transport gas generators all over whenever disaster strikes. But Solar will be cheaper and much easier to manage. No worry about CO3. The crap about rockets is another 50yrs.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2021, 07:55:10 PM »
No challenge in the horizon at least in the literature... I suspect it's why militia will continue to run amok in DRC where bauxite comes from. Stability would see DRCs replace Saudi in mineral exports. Metals are widely available in so many countries unlike gas - Russia and China alone have plenty - basically metals are more widely available than oil and gas. Phones, fridges, and all electronics have been built for years. The millions of gas cars already have batteries but poor quality.

78kwh is lot of power..but will raw material to make batteries scale like dirty cheap oil
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2021, 08:00:48 PM »
Tesla or SpaceX is basically Elon Musk... he gets covid and it tanks. So long as Musk has iQ bigger than everyone don't expect GM or Rivian to catch up.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90606811/jeff-bezos-blue-origin-elon-musk-spaces-space

Many in the space industry chalk it up to a difference in mindset. Musk, the Silicon Valley entrepreneur behind Tesla, the Boring Company, OpenAI, and Neurolink, is an engineer at heart, and demonstrates advanced expertise in building complex technological systems. Bezos, by contrast, is often recognized for his leadership and business acumen, as well as his often cutthroat tactics.

“Just looking at [Jeff Bezos] versus Elon, people don’t really understand or appreciate the extent to which Elon is just an insane engineer—he’s just very good at engineering himself,” says Tim Ellis, who cofounded Relativity Space after leaving his post as Blue Origin’s propulsion development and 3D-printing engineer in 2015. Since that time Relativity Space has built a massive 3D printer that can autonomously build rockets, and reached a valuation of more than $2 billion.

“Elon is a killer engineer, and a killer engineering leader; Jeff has proven himself to be a world-class operator [and] disruptor of industries, and Amazon is a behemoth of a company, and that’s largely due to Jeff,” Ellis says. “I’m all for long-term vision and focus, I think you can have that, but I think it’s a lot more inspiring when stuff is moving fast, and you have ways to take calculated risks and hire the best people and take that more disruptive startup approach, and perhaps [Bezos’s] involvement will give it more of that direction.”

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2021, 11:06:24 AM »
Pundit, Tesla has shaken the car industry like nothing else before in the last 100 years. Even the big German car makers have now accepted this fact and are busy chasing Tesla to catch up. The cars of tomorrow will not be like the ones of today. The heart of a car has moved from the engine to the micro chips. Here Tesla has a big advantage over the traditionla car makers.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2021, 11:18:28 AM »
I am not convinced..value chain and the after sales is not easy to create...Tesla remember has sold 0.5m cars only - while Toyota sell 10M cars annually. They may become the iphone of cars but ultimately mass market will remain with usual big boys.

Pundit, Tesla has shaken the car industry like nothing else before in the last 100 years. Even the big German car makers have now accepted this fact and are busy chasing Tesla to catch up. The cars of tomorrow will not be like the ones of today. The heart of a car has moved from the engine to the micro chips. Here Tesla has a big advantage over the traditionla car makers.