Author Topic: Brynn, You Want To Do This  (Read 11596 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Brynn, You Want To Do This
« on: October 08, 2014, 11:35:09 PM »
Twice a day.  A nice chilled spray for five minutes.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
Re: Brynn, You Want To Do This
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 11:36:37 PM »
Termi why?

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
Termi why?
Why not?  Do it five days running and report back with feedback.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:39:42 PM »
I know you are trying to tell me something but I'm just not getting it...

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 11:41:18 PM »
I know you are trying to tell me something but I'm just not getting it...
I am saying try cold showers if you don't already.  They are fun.  You are energetic the rest of the day.  Without coffee.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 11:44:08 PM »
I started doing it a while back.  First few times it was hard.  Nowadays I whistle as I get in.  Just refreshing.  For waking up.  And for going to bed.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 11:45:15 PM »
mmmh, I'll add it to my tweak list but I'll have to work up the courage lol. Last cold shower I had was in high school. You sure I won't catch pneumonia???

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 11:50:49 PM »
mmmh, I'll add it to my tweak list but I'll have to work up the courage lol. Last cold shower I had was in high school. You sure I won't catch pneumonia???
Hehehe...pneumonia?

It helps you fight those things.  I know about the courage.  That is something you work on.  First time it feels like an affront to your body.  But afterwards, there is a how not? feeling.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 11:52:44 PM »
Termie, I have no idea what you are trying to tell Brynn about cold showers, but since you mentioned cold shower, they are very good for quick muscle recovery after a work out.  Science backs it up. Google it.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 11:54:23 PM »
Termie, I have no idea what you are trying to tell Brynn about cold showers, but since you mentioned cold shower, they are very good for quick muscle recovery after a work out.  Science backs it up. Google it.
Yep.  That's true too.  Not to mention minor muscle injuries and bruises.  And it feels very good afterwards.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 11:54:45 PM »
If you let me hold on real tight to you the first time I'll try it, AM, noon and PM hehehe! For real I'll try it. I won't wait for a natural disaster to turn off the heat first....

Bryanna
Cavegal

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 11:55:14 PM »
True, true, true. only started a week ago and I am already used to it.  I only do it after work outs though and not early in the morning.  Alternating between cold and hot is also good but I'd rather just go cold and stop teasing my body.

Hehehe...pneumonia?

It helps you fight those things.  I know about the courage.  That is something you work on.  First time it feels like an affront to your body.  But afterwards, there is a how not? feeling.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 11:56:08 PM »

I had no idea. I always get into the hot tubs in the gym after workout. Maybe that's why sometimes I feel like I'll pass out.

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 11:57:46 PM »
If you let me hold on real tight to you the first time I'll try it, AM, noon and PM hehehe! For real I'll try it. I won't wait for a natural disaster to turn off the heat first....

Bryanna
Cavegal
You should.  It also helps burn fat.  Your body uses energy to regenerate the temperature back to its normal. 

The surprising bit I found.  It's easier to shower with colder water than my hands by themselves can handle if I just wash them in it.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 12:05:59 AM »
Termi

Hypothermia kills lol. Don't go extreme, I know you live in Chicago and are akklimatized but please don't shower with fridge water...

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 12:17:43 AM »
Termi

Hypothermia kills lol. Don't go extreme, I know you live in Chicago and are akklimatized but please don't shower with fridge water...
Your body will get warmer.the longer you stay in it.  The temps should not be much different than your typical drinking water.

The trick.  I noticed there is no specific part of the body that feels colder than another.  I used to think the back.  Maybe the stomach.  Legs.  The exception is the back of the head.  The head feels it more.

Whichever part you feel is the most scared, start with it.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 12:27:07 AM »
Maybe I'll start with an ice pack. It would seem cold is easier to handle than cold and wet. I feel the shock in my brain already. I swim in heated pool and still squirm every time I jump in for the first time.

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 05:31:34 AM »
One also gets to brush their teeth while showering.  Kill two birds with one stone.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 05:41:09 AM »
Termi I'm not good with sarcasm and bitter undertones. If I owe you something tell me overtly and I'll see how to make amends. In any case I'm outta here, this is beyond childish.

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 05:48:32 AM »
It's all said in good faith.  No undertones.  Really. 

Harriet Tubman