Author Topic: RIP Eric Duncan  (Read 20317 times)

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
RIP Eric Duncan
« on: October 08, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »
You fought the best fight you could. Go out with no regrets.

Salut.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Re: RIP Eric Duncan
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »
They let him die....how come the serum didnt work for him like it worked for the Americans, or were they experimenting something else on him.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »
They let him die....how come the serum didnt work for him like it worked for the Americans, or were they experimenting something else on him.
The Negro is on his own.  The first American to die of it was a Liberian American.  Died quietly in Nigeria.  No rescue attempts.

It didn't make any news here.  Because we were inundated with the stories of how jaKogelo's government moved mountains to rescue the two bazungu...
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 04:32:31 PM »
Brynn is it possible that this Ebola will bring the final crisis?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 05:01:52 PM »
The average Mzungu is filled with prejudices about tropical diseases. For example when I casually mentioned to my fellow graduate students that I had suffered malaria several times, recovered and moved on, the ones sitting closest to me moved a minute centimeter and I began noticing serious isolation. My then girlfriend lifted the lid on it when she insisted on CDs "to protect [her] from Malaria".

In Europe it is routine to discriminate against the blood donations of blacks and other immigrants on unfounded fears of the blood containing "unknown viruses". The ban extends to their own caucasian people who have spent some time in Africa.

So it is not out of the ordinary to see Eric Duncan as a "potential permanent threat". While the two white medics will forever be heroes, Duncan would have lived the rest of his life discriminated and shunned. For the record and in all fairness, even survivors of ebola in Africa face untold stigma.

Incidentally how far has the HIV medicine cure come? Was the doc stopped?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 06:40:02 PM »
Negro, that was quite an experience. pole ndugu
The average Mzungu is filled with prejudices about tropical diseases. For example when I casually mentioned to my fellow graduate students that I had suffered malaria several times, recovered and moved on, the ones sitting closest to me moved a minute centimeter and I began noticing serious isolation. My then girlfriend lifted the lid on it when she insisted on CDs "to protect [her] from Malaria".

In Europe it is routine to discriminate against the blood donations of blacks and other immigrants on unfounded fears of the blood containing "unknown viruses". The ban extends to their own caucasian people who have spent some time in Africa.

So it is not out of the ordinary to see Eric Duncan as a "potential permanent threat". While the two white medics will forever be heroes, Duncan would have lived the rest of his life discriminated and shunned. For the record and in all fairness, even survivors of ebola in Africa face untold stigma.

Incidentally how far has the HIV medicine cure come? Was the doc stopped?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
Termie,
what's going on here?
The Negro is on his own.  The first American to die of it was a Liberian American.  Died quietly in Nigeria.  No rescue attempts.

It didn't make any news here.  Because we were inundated with the stories of how jaKogelo's government moved mountains to rescue the two bazungu...
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.