Author Topic: Tesla hits top 10 at 500B ... Musk eclipses Bill Gates  (Read 3883 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Tesla hits top 10 at 500B ... Musk eclipses Bill Gates
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 04:15:42 PM »
All you gloomsters - even bitcoins are still bullish. If you picked up early and not a speculator these are much better assets than real estate or t-bonds. Volatile yes but super-liquid and the average performance outstrips the risk. The trick as usual is discerning great stocks to pick early on.

Personally I prefer the Frank Quattrone to Warren Buffet formula. Quattrone targets promising startups; Buffet underleveraged corporates. Most fools go for junk SMEs masquerading as startups... Njamba comes to mind. His briefcase management consultant junk with cooked books.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 05:15:51 PM by Robina »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 04:36:27 PM »
Selling only 500k cars..whose half the cost is a battery from china.Mutalia sana

You're right if Musk drops dead so would Tesla pop off. One man guitar.

The battery is the deal actually. Noone is able to crack them just as noone has managed to crack SpaceX reusable rockets. If Musk had only Tesla we could question it as a fluke - but look around. SpaceX has literally killed Amazon Blue Origin, Virgin Galactic, Lockheed-Boeing - heck even Russian Roscosmos and the Chinese! SpaceX bills 60m usd per launch vs 200m industry average and nothing these guys can do despite poaching his scientists and engineers over 5 years. From 2014. That some real hard, cold power not a fluke.

Now Tesla battery technology is better than all competition. For few years they are struggling to copy. Tesla supercharger are on man highways in US, EU and Far East. Tesla Autopilot is eons ahead of Ford or GM Cruise. While these vantages are beatable especially by the Chinese subsidy model - most auto business especially EV in China are private autos. Volkswagen has all but given up on the autonomy race to Tesla as Model 3 sales grow in Germany.

My view is that only Apple or Google tech types can successfully compete with Tesla. Not Toyota or Volkswagen whose only advantage is price thanks to scale. When that is gone they are dead.

Of course Musk is also cracking traffic and brain chips... hold on for super-brilliant swines coming soon :zen:
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 04:54:14 PM »
Selling only 500k cars..whose half the cost is a battery from china.Mutalia sana

The battery is the deal actually. Noone is able to crack them just as noone has managed to crack SpaceX reusable rockets. If Musk had only Tesla we could question it as a fluke - but look around. SpaceX has literally killed Amazon Blue Origin, Virgin Galactic, Lockheed-Boeing - heck even Russian Roscosmos and the Chinese! SpaceX bills 60m usd per launch vs 200m industry average and nothing these guys can do despite poaching his scientists and engineers over 5 years. From 2014. That some real hard, cold power not a fluke.

Now Tesla battery technology is better than all competition. For few years they are struggling to copy. Tesla supercharger are on man highways in US, EU and Far East. Tesla Autopilot is eons ahead of Ford or GM Cruise. While these vantages are beatable especially by the Chinese subsidy model - most auto business especially EV in China are private autos. Volkswagen has all but given up on the autonomy race to Tesla as Model 3 sales grow in Germany.

My view is that only Apple or Google tech types can successfully compete with Tesla. Not Toyota or Volkswagen whose only advantage is price thanks to scale. When that is gone they are dead.

Of course Musk is also cracking traffic and brain chips... hold on for super-brilliant swines coming soon :zen:

Robina, GM, Ford etc invented cars. Toyota, Honda perfected it.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 05:18:35 PM »

Robina, GM, Ford etc invented cars. Toyota, Honda perfected it.

Yes. Then Tesla digitized them. Ford is a mainframe. Toyota a desktop. Tesla an iPhone.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 05:20:08 PM »
Georgesoros i hope you don't hold your pension in massive Safcom stocks like Pundit and Njamba. They are worth next to nothing. Worse than Ford.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2021, 05:21:43 PM »
Wait until electric cars go mainstream. Right now Telsa is just a status symbol  - a ferrari. Toyotas and VW once they unleash their behemooth will be shipping millions of units - while you're overvaluing a junk.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2021, 05:31:57 PM »
Wait until electric cars go mainstream. Right now Telsa is just a status symbol  - a ferrari. Toyotas and VW once they unleash their behemooth will be shipping millions of units - while you're overvaluing a junk.

Possible for Tesla to implode but unlikely. Projections are a big marketshare from present 0.5% - akin to iPhone beating Nokias and Siemens to a pulp. Cause paradigm shift - so long as Tesla continues to be rated the most innovative company in the world expect stock to skyrocket.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2021, 05:43:38 PM »
It could go Blackberry. Iphone was backed by strong company with long history making softwares and PCS - Apple. It was not one wonder kid. Nokias and Siemens are still out there selling switches and base stations.

Tesla is akin to Blackberry.

Possible for Tesla to implode but unlikely. Projections are a big marketshare from present 0.5% - akin to iPhone beating Nokias and Siemens to a pulp. Cause paradigm shift - so long as Tesla continues to be rated the most innovative company in the world expect stock to skyrocket.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2021, 05:58:08 PM »
This is the issue. The innovative company will DEVELOP advantages including features, delivery, services, name it - not the dinosaurs who can't make top 50. Blackberry was just first-to-market but not innovative. Paradigm shift has made cars to be more than transport boxes - way iphone brought combined Ipods via Itunes. And all games and apps via Appstore. Nokia was archaic mobile phoneline not a mobile computer like iphone.

Tesla let you design your order online- add or remove features- push patches online - update Autopilot using data from the entire fleet. It akin to Google on wheels. Toyota is stuck in Kaizen generation of assembly lines and conveyor belts - they are experts in history.

Tesla Is #1 In Transportation Among World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies 2020

Tesla took 3rd place in the ranking of the most innovative companies in the world, becoming the only automaker to get on this list and 1st place in the ranking of the most innovative transport companies in the world.

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-is-in-top-3-of-the-world-s-50-most-innovative-companies-2020

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2021, 06:44:12 PM »
Even in innovative transport list Toyota, Volkswagen are not top 10. While Tesla is #1. You have NIO and many startups. The closest Toyota comes to Tesla is this BCG ranking. Nowhere else Toyota beat the cut.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2020/06/28/the-most-innovative-companies-of-2020-according-to-bcg/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 07:00:39 PM »
During its BlackBerry was churning out patent but to compare little Tesla with industry giants you're an idiot