Author Topic: Tense moment in Uganda as Museveni descend start  (Read 5282 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Tense moment in Uganda as Museveni descend start
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 06:30:12 PM »
Africans do not like the idea of dying. M7 does not need to kill many. 50 to 100 is enough for the youth to cool down. The revolt against M7 will be over before it has started.

He has to act if Museveni kills many Ugandans. The youth revolt will determine it.

Some Africans will.  In Kenya they will take those losses, as long as Baba says keep it up.  Ug is between a rock and a hard place.  They lack the pro-democracy ethos that Kenya was able to build, while they were left to resort to more drastic measures of going to the bush.  So they just know oppression and violent resistance.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2021, 07:19:10 AM »
Mzungu thinks all is kosher - never mind the internet lockdown and Bobi is under house arrest.

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/africa/we-re-impressed-with-uganda-poll-says-eu-3258910
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2021, 10:16:04 AM »
The EU has this time not deployed election monitors, as it has traditionally done, in part because the government of Uganda has not implemented a raft of recommendations that the EU election Observers have made during the past polls.
Mzungu thinks all is kosher - never mind the internet lockdown and Bobi is under house arrest.

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/africa/we-re-impressed-with-uganda-poll-says-eu-3258910

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 04:32:49 PM »
Museveni declares himself winner by 58% against Bob 34%

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2021, 07:58:10 PM »
Big surprise. :D :D :D

Museveni declares himself winner by 58% against Bob 34%

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »
Imagine. And they still issue statements about how "well organised and professionally conducted" the elections were!

The EU has this time not deployed election monitors, as it has traditionally done, in part because the government of Uganda has not implemented a raft of recommendations that the EU election Observers have made during the past polls.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2021, 03:30:24 AM »
Robina, our business here as armchair analysts is to try analyze stuff - accurately I must say. After reading what was on the link, that you posted, this is the correct assessment you should have made and not have to wait for @Pundit to put the record straight before doing so ....
Me thinking Msambweni hit you like Corona: Recoveries, research shows - may still carry with them lingering longterm effects after suffering irreversibly damage from the Covid-19 attack ....  :shock:

Imagine. And they still issue statements about how "well organised and professionally conducted" the elections were!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2021, 11:56:09 AM »
Uganda has long way to go because UPDF is like a second wing of NRM.This another Zimbabwe.Museveni will only be defeated by UPDF..like they ordered Mugabe to resign

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2021, 12:49:49 PM »
UPDF must have done a Michuki for EC to declare 58%. I also noticed it was 5.8 million votes. Must be senile Saleh and Muhoozi maths.

Were there spontaneous celebrations in Kalenjin land after Moi wins in 97, 92?
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2021, 12:56:20 PM »
The whole election is big shame of course. The UPDF unlike KDF are very active in politics and regular policing roles. There cannot be any democracy in such an environment. Even street demos cannot happen when Army has basically deployed tanks on the streets.

M7 when he dies or get very old will probably lead to fallout in the army - esp if Muhoozi is imposed.

As for Moi - rigging happened but generally Moi was popular political animal - and the opposition were so tribal - none really enjoyed anything close to national support - required to run the nation.

It would change in 2002 when they united - otherwise it would have been tragic if say Kibaki or Matiba had won - with backing of their tribes only.

The 2010 constitution has permanently fixed that by requiring someone to get 50% plus one - so we don't end up with someone winning with 20% of the vote.

UPDF must have done a Michuki for EC to declare 58%. I also noticed it was 5.8 million votes. Must be senile Saleh and Muhoozi maths.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 01:32:02 PM »
Uhuru politicisation is a dangerous trend. NMS, Railway- once they start getting opportunities to harass and extort from raia it is madness.
I saw Wandia Njoya asking what was wrong with 66, 82 coups given what ufool is doing. Or is Badi still a commissioned officer- what does it mena that he reports directly to ufool just like the Chief of Staff who I can't even remeber their. what does Badi's popularity mean toi him and the guys he is at with at NMS?

I am interested to know whether there were serious celebrations in Kale land as seems there is little coming for Bazukulu.

The whole election is big shame of course. The UPDF unlike KDF are very active in politics and regular policing roles. There cannot be any democracy in such an environment. Even street demos cannot happen when Army has basically deployed tanks on the streets.

M7 when he dies or get very old will probably lead to fallout in the army - esp if Muhoozi is imposed.

As for Moi - rigging happened but generally Moi was popular political animal - and the opposition were so tribal - none really enjoyed anything close to national support - required to run the nation.

It would change in 2002 when they united - otherwise it would have been tragic if say Kibaki or Matiba had won - with backing of their tribes only.

The 2010 constitution has permanently fixed that by requiring someone to get 50% plus one - so we don't end up with someone winning with 20% of the vote.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2021, 02:08:39 PM »
Yes, I have also spoken about it. The attempt by Uhuru to bring in the army to civilian affairs is very dangerous trend. It started after West-Gate - when army bulldozed their way to Immigration - Gen Kilahangwa and his boys took over - ostensibly because the immigration was corrupt -and KDF was paying the prize in Somali. Badi is the next. The KMS. It very bad trend. Once Ruto comes on - he should quietly send the army back to the barracks. Whatever merit they bring - when shit hit the fan - they may bring the tanks to the ship. If they engage in corruption - where do you take them? - KDF tribunal or normal court.

If anybody in military want to serve in civilian - they need to resign.

As for Moi winning - I don't remember celebration - akin to Narc Kenya Kibaki win.

Uhuru politicisation is a dangerous trend. NMS, Railway- once they start getting opportunities to harass and extort from raia it is madness.
I saw Wandia Njoya asking what was wrong with 66, 82 coups given what ufool is doing. Or is Badi still a commissioned officer- what does it mena that he reports directly to ufool just like the Chief of Staff who I can't even remeber their. what does Badi's popularity mean toi him and the guys he is at with at NMS?

I am interested to know whether there were serious celebrations in Kale land as seems there is little coming for Bazukulu.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2021, 03:36:00 PM »
We are deeply troubled by the many credible reports of security force violence during the pre-election period and election irregularities during the polls. We strongly urge independent, credible, impartial, and thorough investigations into these reports and that those responsible be held accountable. We condemn the continuing attacks on political candidates and urge the government to respect their human rights and fundamental freedoms, including the freedom of expression. We are gravely concerned by harassment of and continued threats to civil society. Finally, we note the continued nationwide shutdown of the Internet and call for its immediate restoration along with that of social media services.

We reiterate our intention to pursue action against those responsible for the undermining of democracy and human rights in Uganda.

https://www.state.gov/national-elections-in-uganda/