Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 19680 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: October 12, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »
Good morning church,
1Peter 3:15 (KJV)
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

It behoves Christians not to just to believe but also to explain and share their faith. They should not take offence when aksd to do so. Paul so eloquently explained his faith before Jews and Kings(Agrippa).

In the same breath and I don't claim perfection,Christians have a duty to call out and refute clearly unbiblical doctrines and teachings. This is what I intend to do here concerning one verse that has been so much abused;Job 3:25

Job 3:25 (KJV)
25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me,
and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Job suffered much loss in quick succession, his wealth, children and his health deteriorated bad. He spoke these words in that context.

The erroneous teaching[/b]
I have heard it repeatedly claimed that Job lost all this as a result of his FEAR. So fear can lead to loss of God's blessing. That Job was a NEGATIVE confessor, and these NEGATIVE confessions came to pass spectacularly. We are thus discouraged from NEGATIVE confessions aka FEAR lest they come to pass. Instead we are encouraged to FAITH SPEAK. We should shun Job's example of speaking evil since power of life and death is in the tongue (Prov 18:21)

First, Job's loss was NEVER a result of his doing;
Job 2:3 (KJV)
And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause

Satan attacked him WITHOUT CAUSE, his fear was not a factor.
Secondly,Job was restored despite 3:25. And nobody really bothers defining Job's fears. In Job 1:5, Job feared or rather was anxious that his sons would sin in their hearts and as a result he continually offered sacrifices. Why was he worried about them sinning? Because it would attract God's punishment. This MAY have been the thing he feared.

In conclusion, God has not called Christians to a life of FEAR but of FAITH in Him 2Tim 1:7. But if anybody wants to preach against fear, they should not use irrelevant examples such as Job's to drive their point home. Christians can and do live in fear at times and that don't mean they risk losing their all as a result. Christians are no supermen. I have had fears. I once rolled in a matatu and at some point I feared violent death. Am still here.

Shalom and a blessed Lord's Day

Let us offer a sacrifice of praise to The Lord of Lords;
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:30:15 AM »
Amen.
Prov 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:40:25 AM »
2 Corinthians 7:5-7 (KJV)
For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears. 6 Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus;

I just remembered an old hymn, Just as I am and there is a line, 'fears within,fightings without'. So it was inspired by the above verse. Looks like Paul himself too feared. So much for Christian supermen image

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 04:25:36 PM »
The struggle still continues. In solidarity fellow brethren.