Author Topic: BBI 4.0 - iteration coming fast and furious  (Read 4104 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
BBI 4.0 - iteration coming fast and furious
« on: December 08, 2020, 03:11:51 PM »
It appears Uhuru allies know the ground is too hostile.

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/politics/uhuru-ruto-camps-hold-secret-meetings-on-bbi--3221840

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: BBI 4.0 - iteration coming fast and furious
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 04:14:13 PM »
Raila and his luo governors have imploded bbi. Ruto should move to NO AND RETIRE RAILA

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 03:43:34 PM »
What shall the worriers say when our fren crosses the floor to support BBI?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 03:50:05 PM »
Unless he is stupid - he should stick to NO. Kenyans don't want BBI in any shade or form except as part of 2022 balot.
What shall the worriers say when our fren crosses the floor to support BBI?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 11:19:21 PM »
Watching suave Gladys Boss Shollei running circles around incoherent Jen Shamalla on #JKLive
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 11:33:05 PM »
This clueless Shamalla fool has no counterpunch to endless lies and spin by Shollei. Bure kabisa. Shollei is very eloquent and articulate debater... despite having cheap points. She is really good.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 02:07:43 AM »
With a rider. They are just saying thank you to Uhuru for listening to them and ammending BBI to 3.0. Now we want ver 4.0
Catholic bishops now support BBI
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2020-12-09-catholic-bishops-now-support-bbi-want-contentious-issues-shelved/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 01:58:05 PM »
BBI v3 boat has sailed.. they need few billions for Chebukati to process it and your boy is cornered in No. I think he is being played by Uhuru to dig in with "irreducible minima" - which are loudly trumpeted by KTN or NTV - and seal any Ruto panya route to Yes. Now it clear his conditions have been rejected- he can either go No or play watermelon- or brave rotten eggs in the face.

BBI secretariat rejects Ruto, Raila last minute proposals
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/politics/bbi-secretariat-rejects-ruto-raila-last-minute-proposals-3224156

Road to Referendum: BBI team marches to IEBC
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/politics/article/2001396866/road-to-referendum-bbi-team-marches-to-iebc

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 02:05:54 PM »
Long way to go - first BBI has to surmount many obstacles - before we have IEBC organizing referendum - and then - and only then - can we go Yes or No - that may not happen soon.

Step 1 is IEBC verification - we have court challenge from Third Way Alliance and Diaspora.

And now that IEBC have signatures - more challenges will come - as lawsuit now won't be speculative (like Nandi-Kericho) but real.

BBI v3 boat has sailed.. they need few billions for Chebukati to process it and your boy is cornered in No. I think he is being played by Uhuru to dig in with "irreducible minima" - which are loudly trumpeted by KTN or NTV - and seal any Ruto panya route to Yes. Now it clear his conditions have been rejected- he can either go No or play watermelon- or brave rotten eggs in the face.

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/politics/bbi-secretariat-rejects-ruto-raila-last-minute-proposals-3224156

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/politics/article/2001396866/road-to-referendum-bbi-team-marches-to-iebc

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 02:22:38 PM »
SCORK referring Kivutha to AG 8) - for advisory- show they are not anti-BBI. It almost a body-blow. What do you expect AG to "advise" them? :) - about their multichoice and other issues.

Long way to go - first BBI has to surmount many obstacles - before we have IEBC organizing referendum - and then - and only then - can we go Yes or No - that may not happen soon.

Step 1 is IEBC verification - we have court challenge from Third Way Alliance and Diaspora.

And now that IEBC have signatures - more challenges will come - as lawsuit now won't be speculative (like Nandi-Kericho) but real.

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »

First you don’t need all those 4m signatures.... I think you need just about 10k per constituency or county.... I can’t remember.

IEBC can pretend to review/analyse/confirm those signatures but to be honest, they have no capacity or capability to do that to even remotely analyse and reject them!!! Not that this process can’t be made so or a little semblance of professional work/effort to actual process the same. Which goes to say about the matter of the whole referendum confirmation process being a bit flawed in a way that makes it only possible for those who have influence with the system. Trust me, I know IEBC systems inside out and Chebukati is lying to even say he has tools to check those signatures leave alone the authenticity of the information!!

In a nutshell Pundit, this thing is unstoppable; stop hoping on “minefields” that can be seen from afar and easily swatted.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 03:28:02 PM »
They jumped the gun. That is all. They didn't say the case has no merit. They said a little patient is required. BBI has a long way to go.
SCORK referring Kivutha to AG 8) - for advisory- show they are not anti-BBI. It almost a body-blow. What do you expect AG to "advise" them? :) - about their multichoice and other issues.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 03:29:43 PM »
Signature verification is a small step in long process that include CA and both house of parliament - with lots of public participation.
Assuming the process was to go smoothly - you need more than 1yr before you hold a referendum.
I mean smoothly meaning no court injunction - and everyone including parliament work like a clockwork.

IEBC need to verify those 4m signatures. They cannot do it in 2 weeks. That would be farce. I say give it 1 month.

Then if it passes they need to send bill to CA - we are already in Feb.

Counties need 3 months including public participation

We are already in June 2021.

Now throw in court injunctions from all sorts - and see before it get to parliament - it will be 2022.

And we have election in 2022.

First you don’t need all those 4m signatures.... I think you need just about 10k per constituency or county.... I can’t remember.

IEBC can pretend to review/analyse/confirm those signatures but to be honest, they have no capacity or capability to do that to even remotely analyse and reject them!!! Not that this process can’t be made so or a little semblance of professional work/effort to actual process the same. Which goes to say about the matter of the whole referendum confirmation process being a bit flawed in a way that makes it only possible for those who have influence with the system. Trust me, I know IEBC systems inside out and Chebukati is lying to even say he has tools to check those signatures leave alone the authenticity of the information!!

In a nutshell Pundit, this thing is unstoppable; stop hoping on “minefields” that can be seen from afar and easily swatted.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 03:41:05 PM »
I expected such to be referred to high court. In a petition claiming state cannot sponsor popular initiative... to ask AG. They may as well ask Uhuru himself if his BBI is valid.

It akin to suing Ruto then SCORK refer you to Murkomen.

They jumped the gun. That is all. They didn't say the case has no merit. They said a little patient is required. BBI has a long way to go.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 03:47:06 PM »
It was just an advisory; fear the injunctions; high court is enough to stop BBI; BBI is already dealing with impossible deadline; so one high court injunction lasting 3-6 months; and it over.

I expected such to be referred to high court. In a petition claiming state cannot sponsor popular initiative... to ask AG. They may as well ask Uhuru himself if his BBI is valid.

It akin to suing Ruto then SCORK refer you to Murkomen.

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 05:44:50 PM »
   Copied:
Happening Currently,  Worldwide:
🇬🇧UK Launches Mass COVID-19 Vaccination
🇮🇳 India reviews It's COVID-19 vaccine application
 🇷🇺  Russia Starts Mass Vaccination
🇺🇸  The USA at the final approval stages for Pfizer vaccine
🇰🇪Kenya Starts Verification of BBI signatures

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »
Chebukati wants money first
EBC Chairman's highlights on BBI verification process.

1. We need a budget and funds release before we start the verification process

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2020, 12:05:02 AM »
   Copied:
Happening Currently,  Worldwide:
🇬🇧UK Launches Mass COVID-19 Vaccination
🇮🇳 India reviews It's COVID-19 vaccine application
 🇷🇺  Russia Starts Mass Vaccination
🇺🇸  The USA at the final approval stages for Pfizer vaccine
🇰🇪Kenya Starts Verification of BBI signatures

Lol you actually copied this narrow view of events. Lots of news around the globe: Uhuru just launched floating bridge in Likoni. Even someone is shouting ati 14B without telling us how much Uhuru has budgeted for post-covid stimulus. Would it be free if there was consensus? How much would multiple choice cost? :) How about a snap election and the crisis after? - some of you have been pushing Maraga nonsense to sabotage BBI. You naysayers & watermelons need better punchlines.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2020, 01:21:11 AM »
Now BBI has no election reforms related changes - why must it be held before 2022 ? There is no logical reason why it cannot be held together with 2022 election. Strategically this would help Raila because otherwise he is running on empty.
Lol you actually copied this narrow view of events. Lots of news around the globe: Uhuru just launched floating bridge in Likoni. Even someone is shouting ati 14B without telling us how much Uhuru has budgeted for post-covid stimulus. Would it be free if there was consensus? How much would multiple choice cost? :) How about a snap election and the crisis after? - some of you have been pushing Maraga nonsense to sabotage BBI. You naysayers & watermelons need better punchlines.