Author Topic: Tesla hits top 10 at 500B ... Musk eclipses Bill Gates  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Tesla hits top 10 at 500B ... Musk eclipses Bill Gates
« on: November 25, 2020, 01:48:10 AM »
https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/24/tesla-is-now-worth-half-a-trillion-dollars/

https://www.bloomberg.com//billionaires/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Tesla hits top 10 at 500B ... Musk eclipses Bill Gates
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 01:48:54 AM »
Pundit this is a healthier obsession than yours with Ruto.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 02:02:35 AM »
This is nuts. Telsa cult is not backing down. Dow will go to 40,000 by end of next year. I am puting all my Christmas earnings in the market. Pundit likes to plant cypress and blue gum trees. He is a really Kenyan villager

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 02:21:20 AM »
It will end with tears.
Musk looks a like trump to me - a man without morals and humility.
I will invest in Bill Gates 10 times more.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 08:29:55 AM »
It will end with tears.

How are your trees doing?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 09:40:16 AM »
This is nuts. Telsa cult is not backing down. Dow will go to 40,000 by end of next year. I am puting all my Christmas earnings in the market. Pundit likes to plant cypress and blue gum trees. He is a really Kenyan villager

Pundit lacks the gray cells to game the market.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 02:11:07 PM »
Robina,
You had to rub it in :(.
Well ...... You said it

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 02:57:10 PM »
Says a George Soros wannabe. I had friends who swear by stocko exchange. They took me to Nairobi Stocko market at Nation Center way back in 2002 :) - super focused saving campus food money to invest in shares:). Now nearly all of them have one common feature - their bile towards gov of kenya. Their paper wealth evaporated into thin air - after they say Jubilee mismanaged the economy :) :). 4

Meanwhile my real estate investment are ever appreceating and solid...and I don't have to spend time trying to analyze and game the market..something even wallstreet wizards are incapable of.
Robina,
Well ...... You said it

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 03:00:43 PM »
No investment beat trees. I have 20 acres - I spend maybe 100 shs per tree - and eventually when I sell it - well it could go as high as 5,000 - in 10yrs. I will continue to invest in trees as my long term investment - 10-15yrs. If Ruto goes in - I will invest another 20-40 acres. And I will still have land - that would have appreciated - and I can settle on.

Now all the fads - all the hits and misses - annually - your overall return will be what less than 10%  - unless you have the uncanny ability to pick winners year in year out - daily - which we know is impossible. As they say you cannot beat the market.

How are your trees doing?

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »
It will end with tears.

Now that he lost you turned on him, you were his biggest groupie. You are funny  :D

As for Tesla, It is grossly overvalued. In 30 years all cities we be on the walkability wave which is just bubbling up. The future of cities will be car free. Barcelona, Paris are converting busy streets into pedestrian walkways. The era of the automobile will soon come to an end.

In central Barcelona, one in three streets will soon become “green axes” that prioritize people on foot and bikes instead of cars. On those streets, 21 intersections will be converted to public squares, so no one in the area is more than around 650 feet from a small park.

Paris mayor is working on 15 minute concept whereby every amenity shopping entertainment school is within 15 minutes.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 05:29:56 PM »
Never never been Telsa fan or any of Musk ideas. But I agree - car ownership - will become a thing of the past - as more telecommuting is embraced - and more cities go green - electric car need electricity - which also need coal or thermal energy.

It will end with tears.

Now that he lost you turned on him, you were his biggest groupie. You are funny  :D

As for Tesla, It is grossly overvalued. In 30 years all cities we be on the walkability wave which is just bubbling up. The future of cities will be car free. Barcelona, Paris are converting busy streets into pedestrian walkways. The era of the automobile will soon come to an end.

In central Barcelona, one in three streets will soon become “green axes” that prioritize people on foot and bikes instead of cars. On those streets, 21 intersections will be converted to public squares, so no one in the area is more than around 650 feet from a small park.

Paris mayor is working on 15 minute concept whereby every amenity shopping entertainment school is within 15 minutes.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »
Never never been Telsa fan or any of Musk ideas. But I agree - car ownership - will become a thing of the past - as more telecommuting is embraced - and more cities go green - electric car need electricity - which also need coal or thermal energy.

You still don't get it. We are moving away from automobiles whether combustion engine or electric powered towards walking bicycling heck even public transportation is not needed. If your work, school, shopping and entertainment are less than 15 minutes why do you need motorized modes of transport. 
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 05:49:18 PM »
That sound a little idealistic. But first combustion in cars will be banned this decade in many developed world. Then few electric cars will remain - heavily taxed - and most of logistics - will be sorted through online or electronic shopping or shipping.

For me the most important predictor is tech - not town re-planning. Unless we were to adopt communist villagization ideas - it seem impossible to guarantee everyone will be happy to find work, school, shopping and all that where they live.

Telecommuting, telemedicine, online ordering/shopping, mobile money, online shipping, online eat outs  - will eliminate a lot of useless traffic off the road. Most of the commute happen in rush hours for work and school - nearly 90% of work can be done from home - as Corona has humbly demonstrated - meaning 90% of traffic at rush hours can be taken off.

Personally I now can stay for maybe a week without ever needing to really get out of the house.

You still don't get it. We are moving away from automobiles whether combustion engine or electric powered towards walking bicycling heck even public transportation is not needed. If your work, school, shopping and entertainment are less than 15 minutes why do you need motorized modes of transport. 

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 06:35:22 PM »
That sound a little idealistic. But first combustion in cars will be banned this decade in many developed world. Then few electric cars will remain - heavily taxed - and most of logistics - will be sorted through online or electronic shopping or shipping.

For me the most important predictor is tech - not town re-planning. Unless we were to adopt communist villagization ideas - it seem impossible to guarantee everyone will be happy to find work, school, shopping and all that where they live.

Telecommuting, telemedicine, online ordering/shopping, mobile money, online shipping, online eat outs  - will eliminate a lot of useless traffic off the road.

Personally I now can stay for maybe a week without ever needing to really get out of the house.

The public's main complaint with automobiles is not pollution per se but traffic jams and how cars make public spaces unsafe. Cars take over cities forcing everyone to dash and scurry from the constant danger of being hit. Focusing on electric cars is misguided, because we haven't done anything about the danger automobiles pose to us, it also prioritizes urban sprawl. It is not idealistic, read about how new urbanism is changing planning in America.

Tech is not going to be the savior here but proper town planning, changing zoning laws to allow for mix use schemes. Cities were always mixed use in the past, commuting 30 minutes was unheard of, it is only in the last 60 years with the invention of the car that we got this sprawl and separation of home and place of work. Good thing cities like Paris, Brussels, Milan are rediscovering the good urbanism that used to be the norm before the advent of automobiles.

Telecommuting, telemedicine, online shopping are fads which will run out of steam. They are not scalable, only work for small segment of population mostly tech savvy and is unreliable. Analogue is the future not digital. I used to read kindle books but I buy physical books now.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 06:54:58 PM »
Interesting; I like the mixed use zoning laws. Yes eliminating rush-hour traffic is all that is needed to bring sanity to urban life.  Telecommuting is not a fad - it's being done almost globally now...yes online shopping 30yrs later is still 10-15% of shopping...and most of the service require human touch...but the missing puzzles are slowly being filled in.

Who knows..Robina could invent a augumented/virtual reality shopping..where you enter a supermarket..pick a basket...pick items..read labels...window shop...and eventually check out :)

But yes human are social beings; there will still be space for social interractions.

Telecommuting, telemedicine, online ordering/shopping, mobile money, online shipping, online eat outs  - will eliminate a lot of useless traffic off the road.

The public's main complaint with automobiles is not pollution per se but traffic jams and how cars make public spaces unsafe. Cars take over cities forcing everyone to dash and scurry from the constant danger of being hit. Focusing on electric cars is misguided, because we haven't done anything about the danger automobiles pose to us, it also prioritizes urban sprawl. It is not idealistic, read about how new urbanism is changing planning in America.

Tech is not going to be the savior here but proper town planning, changing zoning laws to allow for mix use schemes. Cities were always mixed use in the past, commuting 30 minutes was unheard of, it is only in the last 60 years with the invention of the car that we got this sprawl and separation of home and place of work. Good thing cities like Paris, Brussels, Milan are rediscovering the good urbanism that used to be the norm before the advent of automobiles.

Telecommuting, telemedicine, online shopping are fads which will run out of steam. They are not scalable, only work for small segment of population mostly tech savvy and is unreliable. Analogue is the future not digital. I used to read kindle books but I buy physical books now.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Tesla hits top 10 at 765B ... Musk eclipses Jeff Bezos
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 10:08:41 PM »
Elon Musk is officially the richest man on earth

https://www.ft.com/content/d9d04268-d617-4187-bc05-ce52ea257892

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 02:06:43 AM »
Vaporware

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 03:54:01 AM »
Selling only 500k cars..whose half the cost is a battery from china.Mutalia sana

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 04:46:58 AM »
Never bet against a cult

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 05:31:50 AM »
Says a George Soros wannabe. I had friends who swear by stocko exchange. They took me to Nairobi Stocko market at Nation Center way back in 2002 :) - super focused saving campus food money to invest in shares:). Now nearly all of them have one common feature - their bile towards gov of kenya. Their paper wealth evaporated into thin air - after they say Jubilee mismanaged the economy :) :). 4

Meanwhile my real estate investment are ever appreceating and solid...and I don't have to spend time trying to analyze and game the market..something even wallstreet wizards are incapable of.
Robina,
Well ...... You said it

RIP Stocko. I miss that woman.