Author Topic: What do US sham elections mean for democracy?  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
Re: What do US sham elections mean for democracy?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 03:17:10 PM »
I do not want to go into too many complexities of how the electoral process works in each state. Each state has a different way of determining what constitutes a vote, when to count etc in fact this devolution goes all the way down to counties in a state. It’s all online and you can do your own inquiry. Mail in ballots counting is a long tedious process, open the envelope, straighten the ballot, verify signatures etc is it full proof? No, but the is no evidence of widespread abuse. This is all done in presence of observers from all parties and other organizations. It’s very hard to win these cases or overturn results in the USA, Trump or his advisers are well aware of this and he knows it’s over.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »
Isn't it interesting that even very educated people can believe in very silly conspiracies.  And we wonder why especially in Africa we always have election violence!!!.This crap of election losers arguing that they won a marathon of 26 miles after leading for the first 5 miles is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  Unfortunately the gullible followers believe in it and therein lies our collective demise.

If possible you could argue bila matusi. How does it take 3 days to count 10% of the votes in a handful of purple states? Were there no mail-in ballots in Florida and Texas? How were they done in 12 hours there but not in PA?

In some states, mail-ins were allowed to be tallied as they came in.  In PA the GOP controlled legislature made sure they could not even be touched until the day after the election.  And when they started, GOP observers were there trying to undermine and challenge everything, including numerous court injunctions and interruptions.  It’s a miracle the count even made it that far.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2020, 03:58:33 PM »
Yes, for someone to allege rigging scheme, that complex, is plain nonsense. It's akin to Russia rigged Trump. Yes both parties will try to suppress votes or reject ballots - but end of the day - the WILL of the People will reflect.

Trump should be shut down by all main media, his twitter account suspended and he needs to be frogged march to Trump Towers.

I do not want to go into too many complexities of how the electoral process works in each state. Each state has a different way of determining what constitutes a vote, when to count etc in fact this devolution goes all the way down to counties in a state. It’s all online and you can do your own inquiry. Mail in ballots counting is a long tedious process, open the envelope, straighten the ballot, verify signatures etc is it full proof? No, but the is no evidence of widespread abuse. This is all done in presence of observers from all parties and other organizations. It’s very hard to win these cases or overturn results in the USA, Trump or his advisers are well aware of this and he knows it’s over.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2020, 04:00:48 PM »
Isn't it interesting that even very educated people can believe in very silly conspiracies.  And we wonder why especially in Africa we always have election violence!!!.This crap of election losers arguing that they won a marathon of 26 miles after leading for the first 5 miles is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  Unfortunately the gullible followers believe in it and therein lies our collective demise.

If possible you could argue bila matusi. How does it take 3 days to count 10% of the votes in a handful of purple states? Were there no mail-in ballots in Florida and Texas? How were they done in 12 hours there but not in PA?

In some states, mail-ins were allowed to be tallied as they came in.  In PA the GOP controlled legislature made sure they could not even be touched until the day after the election.  And when they started, GOP observers were there trying to undermine and challenge everything, including numerous court injunctions and interruptions.  It’s a miracle the count even made it that far.

Is this PA situation of mail-in's only being tallied after 3rd - the same in MI, WI, GA, NV, AZ?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2020, 04:14:39 PM »

Is this PA situation of mail-in's only being tallied after 3rd - the same in MI, WI, GA, NV, AZ?

I believe so for MI and WI.  I don’t know about GA.  And the PA mail-in was closer to 50% than 10% given that it overcame a 700,000 margin.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2020, 04:26:10 PM »
How do we know there was no Russia collusion in 2016? We know because there was OPEN DEBATE for years - supported very loudly by CNN, MSNBC, ABC and all the folks you are asking to frog-march Trump to his Tower :o At least Fox seem abit principled than CNN's who sang rigging for 3 years. There was actually an independent probe by Independent Counsel Bob Mueller 8) There were disputes and legal demands for recount in Florida and Nevada. There was actually an impeachment in 2019 - after Dems won the House - alleging Trump planned to rig 2020 8) 8) If there was impeachment in Congress about future suspicions about 2020 - why can't we debate 2020 itself after the fact?

Was the Russia-gate probe good? Yes it was very good:

1. We know "Trump colluded with Russia" was a hoax - thanks to independent non-partisan probe that absolved him
2. We know there were some real problems - illegal actions including actual meetings with Russians or foreigners - which landed Trump Campaign Manager Paul Manafort in jail
3. Most importantly - Russia-gate probe demonstrated to the "#not my president" protesters that Trump won fair & square regardless of their distaste for him

So if Trump, Robina and Giuliani are so wrong - let that be demonstrated in open debate - not this gung-ho shutdown you demand. Biden should be sworn-in in Jan 21 but the suspicions and rumors of fraud should be probed openly. Democracy did not collapse then and won't collapse now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election_recounts

Yes, for someone to allege rigging scheme, that complex, is plain nonsense. It's akin to Russia rigged Trump. Yes both parties will try to suppress votes or reject ballots - but end of the day - the WILL of the People will reflect.

Trump should be shut down by all main media, his twitter account suspended and he needs to be frogged march to Trump Towers.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
I know this. But Trump through his attorney Rudy Giuliani is saying No, his observers were excluded in PA and I think MI, WI, GA. There is an actual recount underway in GA so why not in PA, MI or WI? If the process was fair and correct - or had immaterial glitches - no harm done. Imagine 2016 - despite Hillary herself conceding - there were protests, recounts and independent probes. Dems claimed Russian bots hacked BVR's and altered results from Hillary to Trump win... that was actually more improbable than now when a sitting POTUS has raised the issues himself. If suspected bots were a basis for independent probe in 2016 - despite main loser conceding - I don't see what new standards are there to dismiss Trump's allegations. I don't buy that he is that bitter or egoistic as to be delusional.

Let us see the facts - evidence and counters - that is all.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2020, 05:01:54 PM »
Robina , accept and move on. I told you before you are never right in your predictions, here also with U.S. elections you fall flat. And you think tou can predict Kenyan 2022 elections.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2020, 05:58:53 PM »
Robina , accept and move on. I told you before you are never right in your predictions, here also with U.S. elections you fall flat. And you think tou can predict Kenyan 2022 elections.

Lol. I told you you are just a heckler with no authentic ideas or opinions of your own. Katikati. I doubt you are even the Noway on RCB who at least wrote something tangible. In fact I challenged you here to attempt a stand on anything - Biden, BBI, etc - I didn't hold my breath and predicted you would be here with your "expertise" after the fact. You are out of the wood like clockwork.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2020, 06:43:05 PM »
It's not even close..trump stuck at 213

Like all other elections we had results in for 90% of states by 9am on 4th.. barely 15 hours after voting close. But these few states that determine the outcome, Trump was leading with 90% of votes in by same 9am 4th. It took 3 or 4 days to count the rest of 10% that went overwhelmingly Biden. You can shutter your mind like ostrich but this smell like a rotten fish.

Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina - Trump lead by time all other states were called - before Tharaka Nighi tally checked in. Rigging.

What am I saying? Trump should concede for sake of stability and US reputation- but legally pursue all these very smelly states for posterity.

Absolutely agree, Robina. This thing smells worse than Kamongo.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »

Lol. I told you you are just a heckler with no authentic ideas or opinions of your own. Katikati. I doubt you are even the Noway on RCB who at least wrote something tangible. In fact I challenged you here to attempt a stand on anything - Biden, BBI, etc - I didn't hold my breath and predicted you would be here with your "expertise" after the fact. You are out of the wood like clockwork.

Why would I want to put my self in a position like yours. In as much as I supported  Trump in 2016 I realised how mistaken I was, The 2016 elections were marred with Russian interference , it very well known. This elections didnt want Trump to make it back but still I knew how horrible Biden was , if you were in former nipate you could go through my posts on how I was against Bidens interference in Ukraines internal politics. I also know Biden destroyed societal fabric of the blacks in U.S.he  is the prime reason a substantial number of Blacks in U.S. are in and out of jail, why blacks in U.S. cant rent houses why Blacks in U.S. cant get jobs .
I also knew Russia would favor a Trump Presidency to Biden , I expected them to interfere again.(the Jury is out there) these time around Democrats were prepared the mail in ballots did it for them.

As for BBI my posts are all over nipate and my stand is clear.
Do tou even do a postmortem of  your analysis to see where you can improve. Getting it wrong all the time should concern you.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2020, 07:05:14 PM »
Noway am not saying I am right - I will "introspect" - well if only I cared to be right all that much. I am saying maybe you should take your own advice? - always talking about others' views with none of your own is not good. It is actually better to be wrong.

All we are debating now is the publicly raised issues about the process not the outcome. Biden is the new POTUS. Robina did not invent these fraud suspicions they are being raised by the Trump campaign.

About BBI - time will tell us - I bet you wouldn't have an opinion if RV Pundit didn't. That is what really happened in US election - you had no Pundit to copy so you went mute. Now that US elections are gone - predict something real and in near future - like Msambweni. You can't take a stand unless Pundit or Robina does it first. That is katikati not pundtry.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2020, 07:34:01 PM »

Its evident you can think  but you put emotions before objective analysis. Hence the reson you all the time get it wrong . You started well enquiring here and there ttying to join dots that was before the previous elections but there after your love for Peter Kenneth and Raila has blinded you.
Now why you find our opinions with RV complimenting wach other is simply because we use logic and past experience to come up with correct analysis. Go through my posts about BBI and you will notice Ive been consistent , I also predicted BBI2 would dissapoint tou as BBI1 did.
Ive followed these politicians for a very long time and can be able to resd their motives .. I can freely tell you there is no where Raila has outfoxed Ruto in the grandschemes. Raila has been in competitive politics for around 30 years for around 20 years Ruto has played him like a dice hence the reason they dont see eye to eye.
Gyi BBI is very unpopular in Coast , the last time I saw Coast as angry was in 2002 when Moi handpicked  Uhuru, its a matter of time before ot picks up a momentumn.

Now coming to Msambweni ofcourse Im supporting Ruto and I told you when you were celebrating that Ruto had given up the seat that would be next to impossible. Well a time will come when things will be clear and I will give my analysis.
Unlike you I dont jump ship and start chest thumping who is going o win e.t.c.

Noway am not saying I am right - I will "introspect" - well if only I cared to be right all that much. I am saying maybe you should take your own advice? - always talking about others' views with none of your own is not good. It is actually better to be wrong.

All we are debating now is the publicly raised issues about the process not the outcome. Biden is the new POTUS. Robina did not invent these fraud suspicions they are being raised by the Trump campaign.

About BBI - time will tell us - I bet you wouldn't have an opinion if RV Pundit didn't. That is what really happened in US election - you had no Pundit to copy so you went mute. Now that US elections are gone - predict something real and in near future - like Msambweni. You can't take a stand unless Pundit or Robina does it first. That is katikati not pundtry.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »
Its evident you can think  but you put emotions before objective analysis. Hence the reson you all the time get it wrong . You started well enquiring here and there ttying to join dots that was before the previous elections but there after your love for Peter Kenneth and Raila has blinded you.
Maybe am emotional. PK and Jubilee primaries mlolongo is a dead horse and history - BBI and trojan are the outcome of Ruto mlolongo wrong turn that rattled Uhuru and his inner circle big. It was deadly knife-in-the-back stabbing guaranteed to backfire. I never thought PK is a strong contender on his own - but rather he is being propped by Uhuru. WYSIWYG. On Wednesday PK was in SH with the rest of the kahunas - Raila, Kalonzo, Mdvd, Weta discussing BBI. It obviously he has no cojones of his own to be in that top circle without Uhuru holding his hand. Sorry I don't think this is emotion but facts and news. Ditto for BBI.

Now why you find our opinions with RV complimenting wach other is simply because we use logic and past experience to come up with correct analysis. Go through my posts about BBI and you will notice Ive been consistent , I also predicted BBI2 would dissapoint tou as BBI1 did.
No am not disappointed by BBI2. I gave up on pure parliamentary after ODM publicly conceded it. Obviously with its key backer conceding there was no basis for Robina to be hopeful. Doesn't  mean I don't still think pure parliamentary is the best model for Kenya - only that it is almost a pipedream.

And how can you be consistent when your moniker is 5 months old? :o Consistency means unwavering over time. Maybe stick around longer - past Dec 15 - then we can see if your hustler wave holds. Just a suggestion.

Date Registered:May 27, 2020, 06:58:45 PM
Local Time:November 08, 2020, 07:49:42 PM
Last Active:Today at 07:33:46 PM

Ive followed these politicians for a very long time and can be able to resd their motives .. I can freely tell you there is no where Raila has outfoxed Ruto in the grandschemes. Raila has been in competitive politics for around 30 years for around 20 years Ruto has played him like a dice hence the reason they dont see eye to eye.

Gyi BBI is very unpopular in Coast , the last time I saw Coast as angry was in 2002 when Moi handpicked  Uhuru, its a matter of time before ot picks up a momentumn.

Now coming to Msambweni ofcourse Im supporting Ruto and I told you when you were celebrating that Ruto had given up the seat that would be next to impossible. Well a time will come when things will be clear and I will give my analysis.
Unlike you I dont jump ship and start chest thumping who is going o win e.t.c.

I don't jump ship fwaa I backed Mobutu & URP 2010-15 before Eurobond mega-looting like there is no tomorrow - then Raila 2015-todate. Ditto BBI from day 1 despite ups and downs. I backed Trump since 2015 too - long before you were here :) Of course I can't call the elections clean when there is live dispute here as loud as Magufuli vs Tundu Lissu - both US and TZ are a sham. When Raila started NRM secession I promptly dumped him - we made up at Handshake. Now if Trump's noise about PA, MI, WI turn out to be smoke - we will be here to see it; but if it turn out to be legit... See? consistency.

Msambweni... be clear mister. Will hustler candidate Feisal Bader win or lose vs ODM guy Boga? You are saying Coast are very anti-BBI which implies hustler/Mobutu is popular - am I right? Don't be vague - it is just 1 month away. How close do you need to call it if not 1 month? Scenario can change yes e.g. Boga has covid19 and could die - but unless such big news come you can smell the coffee from far. Unless you want to discuss Robina's views on Dec 16th... when the winner is in the news :) That would be more katikati not punditry.

Boga will win because hustler wave is smoke. Even Pundit has chickened and calls it ODM strong-hold. Hustler tsunami is everywhere but not where there is a real road-test  :)

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2020, 11:19:38 PM »
For now Trump is going through the four stages of loss, denial,blame,justification and responsibility. Rudy has been off his meds for a long time, you can watch the former so called American mayor in the new Borat movie.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2020, 10:11:17 PM »
What are the chances of success in the courts?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2020, 10:32:34 PM »

Prohibitively low.  I think we should prepare to get used to having a sane person in the White House.

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2020, 11:03:58 PM »

Prohibitively low.  I think we should prepare to get used to having a sane person in the White House.

That's a good one. ;) With democracy, you cannot always be sure.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2020, 10:42:27 AM »
0%. Even Republican led States like Georgia have said no evidence of election fraud.
Trump wants to go down as a martyr and nothing else. Maybe make capital out of it and start his own TV station. The man has big debts and needs to pay 400M$ in the next two years.