Author Topic: What do US sham elections mean for democracy?  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
What do US sham elections mean for democracy?
« on: November 08, 2020, 09:11:32 AM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: What do US sham elections mean for democracy?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 11:36:04 AM »
Not a sham when you lose idiot

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 11:36:37 AM »
It's not even close..trump stuck at 213

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »
 Isn't it interesting that even very educated people can believe in very silly conspiracies.  And we wonder why especially in Africa we always have election violence!!!.This crap of election losers arguing that they won a marathon of 26 miles after leading for the first 5 miles is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  Unfortunately the gullible followers believe in it and therein lies our collective demise.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 12:47:14 PM »
Not a sham when you lose idiot

What will you say when Mobutu get rigged? This is very bad for democracy.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 12:52:46 PM »
Oh no the BBI bot is crying foul!  :D

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 12:55:33 PM »
It's not even close..trump stuck at 213

Like all other elections we had results in for 90% of states by 9am on 4th.. barely 15 hours after voting close. But these few states that determine the outcome, Trump was leading with 90% of votes in by same 9am 4th. It took 3 or 4 days to count the rest of 10% that went overwhelmingly Biden. You can shutter your mind like ostrich but this smell like a rotten fish.

Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina - Trump lead by time all other states were called - before Tharaka Nighi tally checked in. Rigging.

What am I saying? Trump should concede for sake of stability and US reputation- but legally pursue all these very smelly states for posterity.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 12:58:08 PM »
Isn't it interesting that even very educated people can believe in very silly conspiracies.  And we wonder why especially in Africa we always have election violence!!!.This crap of election losers arguing that they won a marathon of 26 miles after leading for the first 5 miles is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  Unfortunately the gullible followers believe in it and therein lies our collective demise.

If possible you could argue bila matusi. How does it take 3 days to count 10% of the votes in a handful of purple states? Were there no mail-in ballots in Florida and Texas? How were they done in 12 hours there but not in PA?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 01:03:19 PM »
Oh no the BBI bot is crying foul!  :D

I am a slow scientist like Mobutu :) - explain to me like a 10 year old how

1. Florida very close was done in 12 hours. Including the mail-in ballots
2. Pennsylvania very close but not done in 3 days. By 12 hours we knew 95% of tally Trump lead by 700K.. the gap took 3 days to close by Biden as mail-in ballots streamed in

Keep to logic not bots and such, donge?

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »

2. Pennsylvania very close but not done in 3 days. By 12 hours we knew 95% of tally Trump lead by 700K.. the gap took 3 days to close by Biden as mail-in ballots streamed in

Your ego is bruised, you hitched your wagon on WS winning again but America showed out and your man was unceremoniously ejected. BBI will be rejected by the Kenyan people too mark my words. Your in a for a rude awakening.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 01:50:10 PM »
It makes sense to some people that you can rig the election, lose seats in the house and leave majority in the senate. Democrats must be the worst riggers in the history of rigging, maybe they can go for a few pointers from Kenya. It’s also mind boggling to note that some of these states, the electoral process is controlled by republicans, how democrats were able to convince them to rig their president out is beyond me. The fact is, most Democrats did not want to brave long lines in an epidemic where there are other options. Trump shots himself in the foot by discouraging his followers not to mail in ballots. Mail in ballots is a game changer for Democrats, making Tuesday the Election Day has favored republicans for years. This is because for example it’s too hard for let’s say the young to leave school, find their polling places, some of them do not even have a car and have to rely on friends or public transport. The same thing goes with minorities, they made it too hard for them. They could have at least made that day a public holiday. On the other hand, the GOP tends to be more white, wealthier and older or retired with all the time and resources to go vote. This election was a huge learning curve for Democrats, whatever you saw is just the beginning but like I said, Kenyans should sit this one out, most of them have no clue about American politics, stick to your rungu waving nonsense. As for Juliani and crew, these are sour old man, no evidence but inflammation. Go to court and present your evidence there, I am guessing there is none.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 02:05:37 PM »
It makes sense to some people that you can rig the election, lose seats in the house and leave majority in the senate. Democrats must be the worst riggers in the history of rigging, maybe they can go for a few pointers from Kenya. It’s also mind boggling to note that some of these states, the electoral process is controlled by republicans, how democrats were able to convince them to rig their president out is beyond me. The fact is, most Democrats did not want to brave long lines in an epidemic where there are other options. Trump shots himself in the foot by discouraging his followers not to mail in ballots. Mail in ballots is a game changer for Democrats, making Tuesday the Election Day has favored republicans for years. This is because for example it’s too hard for let’s say the young to leave school, find their polling places, some of them do not even have a car and have to rely on friends or public transport. The same thing goes with minorities, they made it too hard for them. They could have at least made that day a public holiday. On the other hand, the GOP tends to be more white, wealthier and older or retired with all the time and resources to go vote. This election was a huge learning curve for Democrats, whatever you saw is just the beginning but like I said, Kenyans should sit this one out, most of them have no clue about American politics, stick to your rungu waving nonsense. As for Juliani and crew, these are sour old man, no evidence but inflammation. Go to court and present your evidence there, I am guessing there is none.

Spot on. This victory will be savored and analyzed for years by the Dems. This year's triumph will especially be useful because it will disabuse future firebrand demagogues in the vein of Trump. It will dent the appeal of crude white nationalism as a platform for electoral success.

Lastly it should serve as a warning to useless alien arm chair experts such Pundit & Robina who have no clue, to stay out of prognosticating on American politics.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 02:21:47 PM »

Your ego is bruised, you hitched your wagon on WS winning again but America showed out and your man was unceremoniously ejected. BBI will be rejected by the Kenyan people too mark my words. Your in a for a rude awakening.

Let me help so we can move on to logic: Robina's ego is very bruised and she is very very furious. There  :ho: :beaten: :'( :97:

Now care to comment on the actual issues? 12 hours in 45 states - 3 days in 5 purple states - with Biden taking lion share of late ballots. Biden is already president so don't be so scared of small debate about process.

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 02:23:32 PM »

If possible you could argue bila matusi. How does it take 3 days to count 10% of the votes in a handful of purple states? Were there no mail-in ballots in Florida and Texas? How were they done in 12 hours there but not in PA?

It's too early in the morning for me but I will try.  Please  familiarize yourself with what Florida did right after 2000 and beyond. They made voting by mail easier and allowed ballots to be processed early unlike PA which despite not being used to mail in ballots did not allow the same until election day.  I will tell you am not very comfortable with Biden because I don't see him being able to stand up to the military industrial complex and might get us in silly wars but the notion that Trump was rigged out is just plain silly.  Attached below is an article I would like you to read.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/11/01/1011519/election-voter-fraud-claims-bad-science-polling/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 02:25:38 PM »
Yes it makes sense. Tharaka Nithi comes to mind. PNU was routed in parliament but won SH by 300K votes. Exactly like the US now.

Your point about mail-in working for Democrats is sensible. It doesn't explain why PA needs 3 days to count them - while Florida take 12 hours.

It is going to the courts obviously. The rest of your vitriol about rungu sijui sophisticated American system - :) - says more about you than I.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »
It's too early in the morning for me but I will try.  Please  familiarize yourself with what Florida did right after 2000 and beyond. They made voting by mail easier and allowed ballots to be processed early unlike PA which despite not being used to mail in ballots did not allow the same until election day.  I will tell you am not very comfortable with Biden because I don't see him being able to stand up to the military industrial complex and might get us in silly wars but the notion that Trump was rigged out is just plain silly.  Attached below is an article I would like you to read.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/11/01/1011519/election-voter-fraud-claims-bad-science-polling/

At last some coherence and logic. @Arcadian this is what debating looks like :) Thinking or debating the process does not stop old Biden from being sworn in.

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 02:37:55 PM »

A very good observation.  Let me add on to your observation using some common activities here in the US.  You go shopping and just walk in to the store and grab whatever you want and pay and you are out.  Then Covid came and now we have to line up to get inside Walmart, Home depot, Bjs  etc.  Do you know how many people and times you have 20-30 people ahead of you and you just go am out of here I  better go to a convenient store and grab some basic stuff from there and will get the rest later? Remember this small stores are more expensive but who wants to wait in line.  My friend from Germany once visited me and we went to the bank with her.  I used the drive through and she was like,  you Americans are really lazy.  You can't even go inside? Now imagine standing in line for an hour or more to  vote.  After this election I don't see most people ever lining up to vote anymore.  Mail in ballots will be the norm.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2020, 02:40:07 PM »
At last some coherence and logic. @Arcadian this is what debating looks like :) Thinking or debating the process does not stop old Biden from being sworn in.

You think I'm going to go back and forth with an alien about the ins and outs of the electoral college. Fogetit. Stick with BBI and Kenyan rungu waving nonsense. Stay out of our elections.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2020, 02:46:34 PM »
He can lose or get rigged. If he get rigged - everyone will know. US need to respect democracy. Last time the bitter losers were democrats crying about Russia. That left bitter taste on US democracy.

Trump has lost by WIDE margin. It's not close.

What will you say when Mobutu get rigged? This is very bad for democracy.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2020, 02:50:57 PM »
I predicted Trump win 4yrs ago and 10 months ago - I predicted Trump would lose - because of COVID-19. Without COVID-19 triump was gonna ride the economic train to 2nd term.

Don't lump me with Robina.

Once COVID-19 is done wrecking the world economy - few incumbents will have any face to show! Triump is the first in many who will fall as economic massacre unfolds.

Many in Africa will be joining Zambia to default - leading to hyperinflation - and Kenya is possibly one of them - Uhuru will go out in great shame - and for my man Ruto - he need to totally distance himself from the unfolding disaster.

2021 - look likely to be continuation of covid-19 mess as no vaccine is near ready - so another year to write off.

Lastly it should serve as a warning to useless alien arm chair experts such Pundit & Robina who have no clue, to stay out of prognosticating on American politics.