Author Topic: Lawyer Paul Gicheru surrenders to police in The Hague following ICC warrant...  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
..... is a big thing especially as regards Kiambaa PEV mass murder and WSR should be very worried.

Paul Gicheru did a lot of Ruto’s dirty work on witness tampering. He is from Eldoret and Gicheru is misleading about his full identity. He is actually half kalenjin, half kikuyu and has also been one of Ruto’s bag man for a long time.

If he quietly took himself to The Hague inspite of all the cover and protection that he was getting locally (like Kabuga did), then it means he is ready to rat out. If I were Ruto, I would be very worried...

“......GetIT411:
KENYAN lawyer Paul Gicheru surrenders to police in The Hague following ICC arrest warrant issued over witness meddling. www.capitalfm.co.ke
.....”

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Look like Fastty has some meat to keep her busy. Administration of Justice should get him max 5yrs jail time - if Bensauda can prove her case. I am not sure if ICC has plea bargain arrangment - where he get say 1yr jail time - and become Ruto case witnesss :) - let see if Fatty wants that nightmare from Ocampo back.
https://www.icc-cpi.int/kenya/gicheru-bett

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
?s=19
True rv was online the other day. I bet you they are riding his ass in jail vilivyo

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
This happened once Uhuru came to power in Mar 2013.
Good ICC is coming back to remind the Matiangis what awaits them if the continue using state machinery in a way which might lead to election Violence.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Maybe this time there will be honor among them. Miraculously.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I see some arguing about case terminated (Uhuru) versus Ruto case dismissed.

Uhuru case was never heard and determined. It was suspended mid-air. It easy to restart. If you have new evidence.
Ruto case was heard and dismissed mid-way. Ruto case will have to start a fresh - like it never existed - if you have new evidence - right from pre-trial.

So Ruto basically had no case to answer. Prosecutor basically lost the case without the defendant having to defend themselves. You lose on your own half of the field.  Ocampo was that incompetent. So even if you go with evidence...you have to start basically from the scratch.

Uhuru was never charged. There was no evidence basically to charge. Ocampo lost before the whistle was blown. He asked the court to terminate proceedings until evidence become available. It easier to restart Uhuru case.

A judgment on Ruto case was deliverd - NOT guilty. Uhuru case did not proceed to full hearing.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma

Uhuru case was never heard and determined. It was suspended mid-air. It easy to restart. If you have new evidence.
Ruto case was heard and dismissed mid-way. Ruto case will have to start a fresh - like it never existed - if you have new evidence - right from pre-trial.

So Ruto basically had no case to answer. Prosecutor basically lost the case without the defendant having to defend themselves. You lose on your own half of the field.  Ocampo was that incompetent. So even if you go with evidence...you have to start basically from the scratch.

Uhuru was never charged. There was no evidence basically to charge. Ocampo lost before the whistle was blown. He asked the court to terminate proceedings until evidence become available. It easier to restart Uhuru case.

A judgment on Ruto case was deliverd - NOT guilty. Uhuru case did not proceed to full hearing.

It's a pity there is no way a wheelbarrow can be added somewhere in the narrative. Maybe some hustling, jobless lawyer can be found to make your argument more legal and pleasing to the Hague. Maybe this time the real hustlers will be at the Hague in plenty.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Pundit you may be arrested soon. True rv is singing like a girl

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
You're probably right about the termination of the cases. The issue here is that Paul Gicheru is charged with interfering with Mobutu case not Uhuru's. If Gicheru cuts a deal it would only hang Mobutu but not his ex-twin.

Mobutu case collapse had 3 individuals charged with interfering with witnesseses or evidence. This case is open.
Uhuru case collapse had GoK charged non-cooperation. OTP lost appeal and this case is closed.

Mobutu can be screwed if Gicheru sings whether he commits fresh crimes or not. Uhuru is scot-free unless he commits future crimes.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
For administration of justice charge (a misdemeanor)  - yes - for Crimes Against Humanity no. That would require those witneses intimidated or bribed to comeback and be willing testify - so Bensauda can re-build a case a fresh. Ruto has no pending business in ICC...his case was heard and No guilty (no need to defend) yourself verdict returned. It was that horrible.

So If Gicheru provide evidence that he acted for Ruto. Ruto will be charged with Administration of Justice (or Contempt of Court) offence. Max jail term 5yrs.

For Paul Gicheru - this is a very short trial. If Bensauda doesn't have evidence as always - it will be swift - Administration of Justice offences - will be heard by one judge and can be dispensed in max 3 months in my view. So for Paul Gicheru - it doesn't make sense to be a fugitive for such 'small' offence - and pretty much live in the shadows. It's NOT  like he is being charged for crimes against humanity or genocide.
You're probably right about the termination of the cases. The issue here is that Paul Gicheru is charged with interfering with Mobutu case not Uhuru's. If Gicheru cuts a deal it would only hang Mobutu but not his ex-twin.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Well 5 years in winter is not a joke. Ask Slobodan Milosevic who froze to death there. I think the pertinent issue here is why has Gichure surrendered now after 5 years? Is it politically instigated and by who?

For administration of justice charge (a misdemeanor)  - yes - for Crimes Against Humanity no. That would require those witneses intimidated or bribed to comeback and be willing testify - so Bensauda can re-build a case a fresh. Ruto has no pending business in ICC...his case was heard and No guilty (no need to defend) yourself verdict returned. It was that horrible.

So If Gicheru provide evidence that he acted for Ruto. Ruto will be charged with Administration of Justice (or Contempt of Court) offence. Max jail term 5yrs.

For Paul Gicheru - this is a very short trial. If Bensauda doesn't have evidence as always - it will be swift - Administration of Justice - will be heard by one judge and can be dispensed in max 3 months in my view. So for Paul Gicheru - it doesn't make sense to be a fugitive for such 'small' offence - and pretty much live in the shadows. It's like he is being charged for crimes against humanity or genocide.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I have no idea. That is one theory. Another theory - he has suffered for nothing in 5yrs - he would have finished his jail by now - if he was guilty - and he will remain a fugitive for the rest of life. It was a wrong move from get go. He should have gone to ICC and got done with it. He is being charged for contempt of court - not for big ones - genocide, CAH, and persecution.

That is assuming he is some big shot lawyer with some professional life that got hampered by this.

Well 5 years in winter is not a joke. Ask Slobodan Milosevic who froze to death there. I think the pertinent issue here is why has Gichure surrendered now after 5 years? Is it politically instigated and by who?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Gicheru motivation is crucial. He was obviously well incentivized to interfere with Mobutu case at personal risk - I doubt it was entirely upto him whether or when to surrender to ICC. The timing of surrender is suspect with Uhuruto fallout - because I read somewhere ICC crew were on ground in Kenya to tie the strings in Mobutu case. GoK is now cooperative? 8)

Yes this is pure theory until we learn more.

I have no idea. That is one theory. Another theory - he has suffered for nothing in 5yrs - he would have finished his jail by now - if he was guilty - and he will remain a fugitive for the rest of life. It was a wrong move from get go. He should have gone to ICC and got done with it. He is being charged for contempt of court - not for big ones - genocide, CAH, and persecution.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Ruto case did not fail for lack of gov cooperation. Uhuru case failed for lack of gov cooperation. Please understand basic facts. It's tiring. Kibaki and his gov provided all the evidence against Ruto - NIS reports - name them. It was all fake of course. But Uhuru was protected - and gov refused to co-operate.

Ruto case only collapsed when charlatan at ICC protection realized they could not testify on oath - and stop cooperating - and they were in Europe already.

When Ocampo realized - he came for the remnants - he was desperately trying to shore his case - and came for Yebei (rip) and remainder - those rejected in the first round.

It's very likely Ruto interfered at that point. He clearly knew if he let them again - he would have to clear himself at great cost and time - so I cannot stand and say Ruto didn't kill Yebei..it very likely he did it. Yebei was organizing the 2nd lot to replace the reluctant first lot. He was murdered in cold blood and body dumped in Tsavo...all evidence for me point at Daktari Ruto.

So would Ruto be worried - of course - but at worse - he is worried about CAJ - not CAH - where he enjoys double jeopardy now - and in any case Bensauda cannot go for Kenya cases again unless she has the smoking gun.

Uhuru started killing Mungiki long ago. The Kingaga with poor Odhiambo. Many Mungiki who had met Uhuru or could testity were shot in cold blood.
Gicheru motivation is crucial. He was obviously well incentivized to interfere with Mobutu case at personal risk - I doubt it was entirely upto him whether or when to surrender to ICC. The timing of surrender is suspect with Uhuruto fallout - because I read somewhere ICC crew were on ground in Kenya to tie the strings in Mobutu case. GoK is now cooperative? 8)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Bottomline the paused cases are a good deterrent against PEV 2 - which obviously benefits Raila.

Ruto case did not fail for lack of gov cooperation. Uhuru case failed for lack of gov cooperation. Please understand basic facts. It's tiring. Kibaki and his gov provided all the evidence against Ruto - NIS reports - name them. It was all fake of course. But Uhuru was protected - and gov refused to co-operate.

Ruto case only collapsed when charlatan at ICC protection realized they could not testify on oath - and stop cooperating - and they were in Europe already.

When Ocampo realized - he came for the remnants - he was desperately trying to shore his case - and came for Yebei (rip) and remainder - those rejected in the first round.

It's very likely Ruto interfered at that point. He clearly knew if he let them again - he would have to clear himself at great cost and time - so I cannot stand and say Ruto didn't kill Yebei..it very likely he did it. Yebei was organizing the 2nd lot to replace the reluctant first lot. He was murdered in cold blood and body dumped in Tsavo...all evidence for me point at Daktari Ruto.

So would Ruto be worried - of course - but at worse - he is worried about CAJ - not CAH - where he enjoys double jeopardy now - and in any case Bensauda cannot go for Kenya cases again unless she has the smoking gun.

Uhuru started killing Mungiki long ago. The Kingaga with poor Odhiambo. Many Mungiki who had met Uhuru or could testity were shot in cold blood.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
The game changed. Next PEV won't be tribal - it will be a class war. GEMA don't need a beating - they are committed and ready. Those who should worry are the dynasties. The peasant have realized that they want to be used as pawns...they saw how GEMA elite have recklessly tried to endanger their lives and properties by almost inciting a war with kalenjin damn the consequences- and they've flipped the coin..told Ruto not to worry but leave it to us :)

Don't be suprised the next PEV will target kenyattas for example - led by own Kikuyu people. Warriors will handle the Mois. That will be Rwanda catastrophe...because every village has some dynasties that people will attack and eat their cows :)..if they dare stop Ruto from distributing wheelbarrows in 2023 :)

You're just too slow. In 2007 - it was 41 versus 1 - anti-kikuyu propaganda - that targetted kibaki for re-establishing kikuyu hegemony.

This one is Hustler Nation.

Bottomline the paused cases are a good deterrent against PEV 2 - which obviously benefits Raila.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
The game changed. Next PEV won't be tribal - it will be a class war. GEMA don't need a beating - they are committed and ready. Those who should worry are the dynasties. The peasant have realized that they want to be used as pawns...they saw how GEMA elite have recklessly tried to endanger their lives and properties by almost inciting a war with kalenjin damn the consequences- and they've flipped the coin..told Ruto not to worry but leave it to us :)

Don't be suprised the next PEV will target kenyattas for example - led by own Kikuyu people. Warriors will handle the Mois. That will be Rwanda catastrophe...<b>because every village has some dynasties that people will attack and eat their cows :)..if they dare stop Ruto from distributing wheelbarrows in 2023 :)</b>

You're just too slow. In 2007 - it was 41 versus 1 - anti-kikuyu propaganda - that targetted kibaki for re-establishing kikuyu hegemony.

This one is Hustler Nation.

Pundit, so basically everyone who doesn't agree with Ruto and is wealthy will be targeted? There are alot of people in the rural areas especially in central who're wealthy who haven't benefited from government, such people won't sit around and watch their life's work be destroyed. Once the monster is unleashed it might consume everyone, militia will be formed to defend property. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
The best defense is to ensure free will and democracy prevails anything else will end in tears. Once the genie is out of the box, you cannot bottle it up.The poor that you depend to defend you properties will feast on it first. All it will take is for a few to starts - and then a wave of attack on dynasties will begin - and the definition will be hazy. It's like 2007 - when they were done with Kikuyus - they went for Gusiis - then they went for PNU supporters - then they went for prov admin (chiefs and sub chiefs). Then they started now going for everyone by charging roadblock fees. This is the scenario where Ruto wins but is brazenly rigged out. I don't think it will happen....but people need to be aware.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
The best defense is to ensure free will and democracy prevails anything else will end in tears. Once the genie is out of the box, you cannot bottle it up.The poor that you depend to defend you properties will feast on it first. All it will take is for a few to starts - and then a wave of attack on dynasties will begin - and the definition will be hazy. It's like 2007 - when they were done with Kikuyus - they went for Gusiis - then they went for PNU supporters - then they went for prov admin (chiefs and sub chiefs). Then they started now going for everyone by charging roadblock fees. This is the scenario where Ruto wins but is brazenly rigged out. I don't think it will happen....but people need to be aware.
Kikuyus are more aware of the consequences of class warfare than other tribes. We had mungiki, which started by demanding fees from the rich since they're few they had to charge almost everyone. What squashed mungiki was local vigilantes especially in areas like kirinyaga.  The hustler "movement" risk being branded as new mungiki and that'll make most kikuyus especially 30yrs and older recoil. I am yet to understand wheelbarrow economics as it pertains to economic policy. Pro poor economic policy would be less government, less regulations, liberalization, low taxes, empowering of informal kadogo economy etc.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Hk
Pundit lost his mind. He is too deep in Ruto's cult to reason. He thinks kikuyus are stupid robots that they can use in their kalenjin nationalism