Author Topic: John Gachora is the archetypal Alliance High School Old Boy  (Read 1980 times)

Offline .

• Mega superstar
John Gachora is the archetypal Alliance High School Old Boy
« on: October 12, 2020, 01:27:48 AM »
https://nation.africa/kenya/life-and-style/lifestyle/john-gachora-my-rise-to-the-top-of-banking-world-2462870?fbclid=IwAR0AUstepNrh5FoUNTdKKJqY47uwpatDBrtmq5jx63xnmTHgA6tzwy13uZo

I said it over twenty years ago and will say it again 8).

These ferras were deceived by beberu ati they were the "best brains" and "cream of the crop" in the society, simply because they were indoctrinated into the 'academic excellence' cult view in a flawed education system designed to produce obedient followers (even when they think they are leading) rather than independent minded thinkers who are the real movers and shakers in this world.

In this cult;
1. Negative "me against you," "I led my class with the highest marks for four years straight," "I went to Harvard and you didn't" type competition is their hallmark. Outdoing others is the end all and be all in their lives. Big fish in a small pond mentality. Success (to them) is always a zero sum game, even when they try to claim otherwise!
2. Braggadoccio mixed with false humility is their modus. This is why they always see no contradiction in describing themselves as "humble village boys from such and such no name village,"  quickly  followed by "I was fairly good in maths" and other similar side comments of self praise just itching to burst forth.
3.  Publicity is their opium. Ties very well with number three. Kwa magazeti ndio haoooooooooooo even while their bank servers are crashing and customers are complaining big time, as they expertly sweep such gaping failures under the rug. Yet - even more amazingly - they somehow still manage to fool you that they are "performing well" with sweet words (brags) about how they were tops at MIT, were first VP's at Credit Suisse and similar balderdash. And, even more incredibly, they still have time to thrown in brags about how their kids play golf in Muthaiga and how they are farming avocados on 2 acres in the bush (pun fully intended). Remember Mugo Kibati of Vision 2030 fame? What were his achievements there despite his typical AHS braggadocio? Exactly my point.  What about Ayisi Makatiani? He was on fortune Africa bragging about being top future leaders of Africa. Wapi?
4. They - lauighably - do not see the contradiction between claiming (with false modesty as usual) to be top CEOs and movers and shakers and still being employees. 99.99 percent of them are still employees. That one you can take to the bank and cash in clean crispy notes. An AHS product is NOT trained to do anything other than obey technical orders and stick to tried and true paths. This mindset is antithetical to risk taking and entrepreneurship. This is why they will brag about their MBAs from Oxford and their J.O.B's (Just over broke) as CEOs but when you ask them how their avocado farms are fairing, they say "the climate is not good for the crop," before segueing into how they led 100m at AHS interhouse competitions for three years straight.
5. They always talk about their past and not their future. "When I was headboy" "when I led in Chemistry for 5 years" "when I was VP at BancAssurance Paris" "when I led the board at Vision 2030" "add the legion of other brags here.." And of course they only talk about their crumbling minor successes and NEVER about their gaping failures. Tackling the present and the future is uncomfortable for them because the truth is, even an average chap can do the jobs their doing and do them even better. This is why they are quick to talk about "total assets under management" rather than ROI vis-a-vis other banks :D.

Think carefully. If you put Gachora the MIT "high flier" next to Kirubu the ILLITERATE. Who would you rank as the performer and the non-performer? Exactly. But woe betide you when you are an unfortunate victim of having to just hear the AHS alum brag...... you may think they are better than 1000000 Kirubis combined!

Bottom line these chaps are naked Kings.

Look at how these "best brains" fared at independence:

http://kenyaconfidential.com/2020/08/05/alliance-the-school-whose-minds-betrayed-kenya-as-nation/

Walidestroy Kwiinya yetu destruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The funniest thing is they have still managed to pull the wool over the eyes of most Kwiinyans.
Business owners discover really fast the urgent need to  fire some of these chaps when their expectations are dashed once the rubber hits the road and they find out the hard way that the performance of any AHS alum is middling at best. once you carefully wade through the veneer of their carefully rehearsed verbiage/kisungu minki.

Ni hayo tu!

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: John Gachora is the archetypal Alliance High School Old Boy
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 01:37:11 AM »
Lol ..you are still at fellow rcbowenite..Gachora..ask him to visit us here and we remince his Citi.bank days..HK is home now. Get in touch with him. He seems to be in manufacturing and agribusiness

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 12:35:29 PM »
Lol ..you are still at fellow rcbowenite..Gachora..ask him to visit us here and we remince his Citi.bank days..HK is home now. Get in touch with him. He seems to be in manufacturing and agribusiness

The day I stopped taking Gachora seriously on rcb was the day he told us with kisungu miiiiii
ingi ka Wallstreet ati renting is far better than buying. Meaning a whole VP of a major firm kalikuwa kanaishi kwa karental. That's good news on HK..such are the real movers and shakers, allergic to publicity and doing their stuff chini ya maji unlike these AHS domo baggies.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 04:43:20 PM »
 :D Your entertaining story telling hasn't dimished one bit.

Interesting article.  I had no idea just how much power Alliance High School alumni has in Kenya.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 05:12:02 PM »
These are dynastic name dropping networks filling the rank and file of senior Kenyan public service and private sector. Some are brilliant yet others are quite useless.
How does an energetic young African resort to boring golf and claims to be 'playing'? White mask Black face?

:D Your entertaining story telling hasn't dimished one bit.

Interesting article.  I had no idea just how much power Alliance High School alumni has in Kenya.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 05:26:08 PM »
There is no high school that people walk around with chip like Alliance Alumni. It's like best thing to ever happen to anyone who passes there. It must be some brainwashing the school does. I think it drummed into them that they are BEST ever brainics.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »

Kengine ndio haka. Notice how he fits the AHS stereotype to a tee

- Publicity is his opium; AHS grads have never seen a camera or microphone they did not love and adore dearly with supreme passion and care.
- Braggadocio mixed with false modesty.."My teacher thought I was very talented." "I then joined the Nelson Mandela foundation to help them.." " I managed to get a job at IMF in Washington DC..." and worked.. " For the International atomic agency".."for UNMISS..."  and of course all his awards (complete with photos) must be paraded with razmatazz and much fanfare to bedazzle the hapless public.
- And did I not tell you they are all employees?, live live? Na wanajisikia wameachieve saaaaaana to the point they feel they are quite qualified to give mawaidhas fuaaaa to all and sundry
- Past talk, not future. "See the achievements I have made and the people I have worked with."

Ni hayo tu ritru bit ritru bit.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 09:03:10 PM »
We need this kind to manage our calendars

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 10:14:01 PM »
We need this kind to manage our calendars

Ayisi
http://saharatribune.com/ayisi-makatiani-the-kenyan-business-magnate-whos-making-waves/
They are all the same brother.
Kisungu minki minki to fool you everything is perfect but if you analyze their track record carefully, you find the failures and flops are legion

Africa Online...failed, they sold for a pittance..and he has the nerve to claim how it became the biggest IT company in Africa while conveniently leaving out the fact that it was not him and his crew that took it there but those who bought it for a pittance from them after they screwed it up
AMSCO - flopped miserably
FANISI..started with high ambitions to be a high flying IT company. Wapi? Flopped miserably and now invests in ordinary things like schools and grains despite being an MIT grad.

On papaering over their failures..nobody on planet earth beats an AHS grad

Bure ghabiza!