Author Topic: Referendum Issues  (Read 5898 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Referendum Issues
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:25:30 AM »
http://omollosview.com/blog/2014/09/03/the-referendum-issues/
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Referendum Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:50:37 AM »
Expound on the "contents of the draft bill".

Where is this draft bill.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 01:26:07 PM »

I suggest you visit a signature centre and you will get all the answers you need
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »
Omollo,
I already read that. There is a mention of a draft bill.Is it attached to that document for signing?. I have no intention of visiting a signing center....if OKOA can visit me...i'll definite read...for now i am content to wait for this to play out.

Clearly in this day and age of digital information...this information complete in a OKOA website would be available.

Offline Achieng NyaJohn

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 03:00:49 PM »
Omollo,
I already read that. There is a mention of a draft bill.Is it attached to that document for signing?. I have no intention of visiting a signing center....if OKOA can visit me...i'll definite read...for now i am content to wait for this to play out.

Clearly in this day and age of digital information...this information complete in a OKOA website would be available.

I agree with you.  Anybody here who can pass that thought to OKOA Secretariat.  They should upload the info on the website so we can be able to read it in advance to form a learned opinion on our choices/ (Consequences).  Mine is definitely yes because I know where my shoes pinches most.
Is, is the was of what will be.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 03:04:20 PM »
If the issues are separated..not lumped together in one bill...there is a chance for some succeeding. But knowing CORD..they will want to sneak in panya routes behind popular devolution.

I will definitely vote to empower and resource counties.

Mine is definitely yes because I know where my shoes pinches most.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 03:06:12 PM »

I suggest you visit a signature centre and you will get all the answers you need
The point is if one does not agree with the reasons / issues cited then they have no reason to sign up. Other who are not interested (as you clearly aren't) do not need the information nor do they have a right to it.

The draft bill is not available. But the basic contents are available and are explained to potential petitioners on the spot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
So the draft bill is not available. There is not even a website for such info? This is classic raila disorganization. My views regarding OKOA referendum remain the same..it's DOA. It an attempt to defeat democracy through panya routes..endless panya routes.

I do support PESA MASHINANI. I am for empowering counties.

As long as these remain public issues...i will comment on them..whether you like or not.

The point is if one does not agree with the reasons / issues cited then they have no reason to sign up. Other who are not interested (as you clearly aren't) do not need the information nor do they have a right to it.

The draft bill is not available. But the basic contents are available and are explained to potential petitioners on the spot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »
If the issues are separated..not lumped together in one bill...there is a chance for some succeeding. But knowing CORD..they will want to sneak in panya routes behind popular devolution.

I will definitely vote to empower and resource counties.

Mine is definitely yes because I know where my shoes pinches most.
I can't see any that can be merged. There will be five questions with a detailed amendment bill attached to each. The fact that when amending one section it affects other sections requires that the petitioners sanction those ancillary amendments. Jubilee is reading mischief in an otherwise clean exercise. There is nothing selfish in it.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 03:20:02 PM »
So the draft bill is not available. There is not even a website for such info? This is classic raila disorganization. My views regarding OKOA referendum remain the same..it's DOA. It an attempt to defeat democracy through panya routes..endless panya routes.

I do support PESA MASHINANI. I am for empowering counties.

As long as these remain public issues...i will comment on them..whether you like or not.

Look at the petition and see if you can identify a potential panya route. The panya route story is a Mutahi Ngunyi propaganda to keep his hands in the Jubilee candy jar.

I can share with you the idea (to the chagrin of some): If you allow enjoy peace, they will do what they do best: Build up a war chest to simply drown any opponent. Even URP will feel the pinch because they can then buy anybody and expand their cover beyond Central.

So the referendum is loaded with good ideas but basically intended to bleed TNA. It is to expose them.

If the issues pass with TNA opposition well and good. If they don't they still expose them. We have no intention of fighting URP and will bend over backwards. I hope the personal bad blood between Ruto and Raila will wane and stop feeding TNA. Our enemy is TNA period. One front: TNA. Those opening other fronts by targeting Ruto or responding to his rhetoric are missing the point.