Author Topic: kamwana To Address Parliament  (Read 7348 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
kamwana To Address Parliament
« on: October 05, 2014, 06:39:50 PM »
On Monday afternoon.  He must attend a court session Wednesday.  I had assumed all this time he was already in the Hague acclimatizing.

Is he planning to force parliament to make a motion that prevents him from going?  Or is it just one last chance to thump their chests before he meekly obeys the order.

Wet-angular thinks there are better things for him to do on that day.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Cord-MPs-Parliament-Sitting-Uhuru-Kenyatta/-/1064/2476024/-/12tje9l/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: kamwana To Address Parliament
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »
It a strange summon.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 08:38:17 PM »
I think he is abusing the constitution:

nd may address Parliament at any other time
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Ole Ole

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 08:47:09 PM »
waste of time and money unless Uhuru is planning to transfer power to  karangi. We need to know how justice will be served for those who were affected by PEV and what measures have been put in place to avoid or stop tribal clashes.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »
I think a press conference would be good enough. But let wait and see what sort of thing he wants parliament to do. Maybe pass some laws?
waste of time and money unless Uhuru is planning to transfer power to  karangi. We need to know how justice will be served for those who were affected by PEV and what measures have been put in place to avoid or stop tribal clashes.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 08:53:25 PM »
Karangi has been ready to seize power for quite some time now. Uhuru's problem comes from surrounding himself with sycophants and tribesmen who believe every tribe in Kenya is after them. The siege mentality is driving him to mistakes.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Ole Ole

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »
Jubilee foundation was built on whipping tribal emotions and then using fear to hold them together. unfortunately for them people have seen with the new constitution and a development minded governor county politics is king.  If devolution succeed then by 2017 most people will not pay much attention to national politics.

Karangi has been ready to seize power for quite some time now. Uhuru's problem comes from surrounding himself with sycophants and tribesmen who believe every tribe in Kenya is after them. The siege mentality is driving him to mistakes.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 09:19:50 PM »
Where will Karangi get the legitimacy to rule for even one day. That is scenario that cannot happen...without kenya first going to the dogs.Like Somalia..our army will disintegrate into tribes..and fiefdoms. Karangi or KDF will never been a option for kenya.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »
Where will Karangi get the legitimacy to rule for even one day. That is scenario that cannot happen...without kenya first going to the dogs.
How hard is that? I am surprised at you. Throw a few grenades at Churches in Central, Western and Nairobi. Send Madobe to stage another Westgate favor in Nakuru, kill a few journalists ISIS style - all planned by Karangi Arap Sisi and you have delegations queuing at DoD HQ begging him to save them.

I forgot: If the Opposition makes noise, like Herman Goring said: You accuse them of playing politics with National Security!

Offline Ole Ole

• Superstar
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »
who thought the Egyptian general would take over.  In global context the next 5yrs will be very interesting in Africa as the western power, Bricks and the chinese dragon fight for resources.

Where will Karangi get the legitimacy to rule for even one day. That is scenario that cannot happen...without kenya first going to the dogs.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »
Save for short stint of morsi..egypt has been ran by military.Sadat.Anwar.Mubarak. All those were army generals who took power the same way Siri has done. You need to look for more reasonable case to apply to kenya. Egypt was more like Nigeria..until this goodluck fellow..everyone else was Army General.

A country that has never been ran by any military man like kenya cannot be ran by military without serious upheavals.

who thought the Egyptian general would take over.  In global context the next 5yrs will be very interesting in Africa as the western power, Bricks and the chinese dragon fight for resources.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »
I agree Karangi hand over is unlikely.  kamwana is not law abiding.  But he knows his limits. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »
He'd have to do hell lot of killing to subdue our political elite. This is just too farfetched. It like US or Russia using their nuclear stockpile. Our army will not even know what to do....to ran a country. What do you do with polices and other armed units. What will you do with all the illegals gangs. Will tribal army stay united and for how long before counter-coups.
How hard is that? I am surprised at you. Throw a few grenades at Churches in Central, Western and Nairobi. Send Madobe to stage another Westgate favor in Nakuru, kill a few journalists ISIS style - all planned by Karangi Arap Sisi and you have delegations queuing at DoD HQ begging him to save them.

I forgot: If the Opposition makes noise, like Herman Goring said: You accuse them of playing politics with National Security!

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 09:48:19 PM »
You forget that since Kibaki one tribe has taken control of the coercive forces of government.

Of course I never said he could last in power. Kibaki tried a power grab in 2007 did he not? He ate humble pie and had Raila let Ruto lead the negotiations, he would have lost it all.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 10:16:53 PM »
It's not too late to pass a third motion to the effect that Kenya is withdrawing from the Rome Statute.   And this time we mean it!   

The real question is why has to go to parliament to get that done.   Given the number of MPs travelling, they could do it on the plane, or, as really powerful symbol, right on the steps of the ICC building.

:D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 03:24:23 AM »
Whats he gonna say "I will be back"?
or threaten the institution that is prosecuting him?
All in all I lost confidence that anything will happen. Its been too long.

Offline Mintos

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
He should instead address the nation from SH like he always does (Mpeketoni, Westgate attack, revocation of Lamu titles, etc).

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 12:55:03 PM »
Precisely. I think he will try to save face by "explaining" to Mps while he has to go despite their withdrawal request and AU resolution. This is clearly unnecessary given Ruto has been cooperating with ICC...and Uhuru should do the same with as little fanfare as possible.
He should instead address the nation from SH like he always does (Mpeketoni, Westgate attack, revocation of Lamu titles, etc).

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 01:24:10 PM »
Is the session going to be televised?  kamwana, having effectively deferred this trip without UNSC help is clearly alarmed.

I think he wants to gauge the mood to see how much the MPigs are willing to continue supporting him if he defies the ICC.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »
Is the session going to be televised?  kamwana, having effectively deferred this trip without UNSC help is clearly alarmed.

I think he wants to gauge the mood to see how much the MPigs are willing to continue supporting him if he defies the ICC.
He has the majority in Parliament and can sit safely unless he irritates URP as a whole. Then they can join CORD and make life hell for him. They would not have the numbers to remove him thanks to turncoats like Nkaisery and the TNA kraal of sheep / robots.