Author Topic: Kikuyu Intelligentsia Hopelessly Tribalistic  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Kikuyu Intelligentsia Hopelessly Tribalistic
« on: October 05, 2014, 09:44:29 PM »
I have been preaching against this group saying they harbour deep rooted and ugly hate against other tribes and all the while pretending to be respectable people. I have repeated that in their privacy they express views that are worse than any peasant would utter.

Well, read for yourself. I got a copy of an angry email somebody fired to Father Dominic Wamugunda which drew my attention to his rabid tribalism. How can a Dean of Students and Priest support, abet, glorify and marvel at violence? BTW he is selective. He opposes any heckling of Uhuru Kenyatta but supports violence against Raila. For the record Uhuru is his tribesman while Raila is not!

You can skip the articles but read the highlighted sections.

Here are two articles by the same person:

He wrote this when youth threw shoes at Uhuru in Migori:
RIGHT TO DISAGREE

Is it a wonder then that at this day and age we can see what we were treated to in Migori the other day?

Those who are into the study of politics should perhaps invent a theoretical legitimisation of our kind of politics to see where we fit in the world scene.

Is there a danger though that they might be carried away by subjectivity? They belong to a tribe.

Father Wamugunda is Dean of Students, University of Nairobi; wamugundaw@uonbi.ac.ke

He wrote this after a man attacked Raila in Kwale:
By DOMINIC WAMUGUNDA
More by this Author
Events that have a bearing on our national life are shaped by real flesh-and-blood human beings of this or that other social category.

One such category that is top of the list in setting the agenda of what we shall think and talk about is our political class.

In my humble judgement, these people spend 95 per cent of their time and energy thinking and talking about what is of interest to them as individuals and groups, and only five per cent or less on what matters to other Kenyans.

Many of them will even tell untruths that are constructed to sound like the truth.

Is it a wonder then that many of us distrust them and find some of their activities and utterances nauseating if not all together dangerous for our national existence?

Most of the time, when Kenyans discuss politicians and their behaviour patterns, they only end up getting annoyed. There is one Kenyan, however, who did not just get annoyed or angry. He did something about it by executing the most symbolic act in our political history. He caned two prominent politicians in broad daylight as their supporters and hangers-on watched.

Whatever reason Lengo Karisa Mdzomba had for wanting to beat up Raila Odinga and Kwale Governor Salim Mvurya may never be known.

But his action, in my opinion, is a most prophetic one. It was an expression of the anger, frustration and sheer disgust with which many sensible Kenyans hold our political class.
[/i]

SHAMELESS AND GREEDY

The selfishness and insincerity of the majority of them comes through at every turn.

The way they handle public resources and their endless demands for their selfish needs smirks of greed and utter shamelessness.

Some of the discourses that many of them construct to support their opinions and further their selfish agenda leave our national image shattered, and hurt the progress we would make were we a little more sober.

Many of our politicians are a lot that many of us would actually want caned.

Whether he was sane or insane, Lengo Karisa may have been expressing his own personal anger and disgust.
For those who read the Judeo-Christian sacred book, Karisa would easily remind one of the ancient prophet Amos who castigated the rich for mistreating the poor, and Elijah who threw the false prophets of Baal out of town for misleading the rulers of Israel.

Father Wamugunda is Dean of Students, University of Nairobi; wamugundaw@uonbi.ac.ke
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Kikuyu Intelligentsia Hopelessly Tribalistic
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 10:07:15 PM »
The word hypocrisy is in the dictionary because people like Wamugunda exist.  Isn't this the same man who was sleeping around with people's wives?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman