Author Topic: Marekani putting the screws on Cinku's high tech ambitions  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Marekani putting the screws on Cinku's high tech ambitions
« on: September 07, 2020, 07:21:36 PM »
China's largest chip manufacturer's stock sank after the US revealed it could be its next trade ban target.
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC) said it was "in complete shock and perplexity" after the Pentagon revealed it had proposed the firm be added to a government blacklist

Analysts have said a trade ban could threaten SMIC's existence, and in turn set back Beijing's efforts to spur on the country's semiconductor industry as part of its Made in China 2025 strategy.

Mr Windsor has noted that Datang Telecom Group is one of SMIC's biggest shareholders, as well as being a board member and customer. It supplies equipment to the People's Liberation Army.
"[This] provides a fairly strong link to the military, which seems to contradict SMIC's own statements," he wrote in a research note.
Elsewhere, the Financial Times said an unnamed US defence contractor has compiled a report claiming that SMIC had manufactured devices for researchers at universities affiliated with the People's Liberation Army.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Marekani putting the screws on Cinku's high tech ambitions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 02:59:08 AM »
Us is doing what they should done 15 years ago to ccp. Ccp has been relying on Americans naitevety  to continue their surveillance programs in US. They are now a pentagon priority and in due time they will feel the heat

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: Marekani putting the screws on Cinku's high tech ambitions
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 03:55:29 AM »
Us is doing what they should done 15 years ago to ccp. Ccp has been relying on Americans naitevety  to continue their surveillance programs in US. They are now a pentagon priority and in due time they will feel the heat

Precisely. It is never too late though, CCP has no brains to invent, just copy and paste. Semiconductors manufacture requires know how they don't possess. They haven't mastered lots of technologies requisite for a power such as the jet engine. That is why they are feverishly hacking American defense contractors and European space companies in a bid to acquire sensitive technologies. They are currently engaged in the largest espionage effort at any time the world has seen. I was not an adult during the Soviet empire so I can't judge but China is uniquely malevolent power in my opinion more dangerous than Russia. I'm no fan of the imperialist West but they are a distant third.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.