Author Topic: A day in Kenyan politics is ...  (Read 3329 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: A day in Kenyan politics is ...
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2020, 12:07:34 PM »
Winning, this is nothing static and unless the enemy is vanquished.  How can you talk of winning when Uhuru and his enablers are at the feeding trough.

Journalists?? Who are journalists in power equations? Mugwe just voicing the GEMA privilege you hide around.

RV Pundit , You see even now journalists are saying the same things we were already saying

https://www.the-star.co.ke/siasa/2020-09-05-is-ruto-culpable-of-kemsa-scandal-or-texas-sharpshooter-victim/

Finally, my unsolicited advice is to Ruto. You don’t pour more troops into a battle that you are already winning. Likewise, on this battle of inculpating you with the Kemsa scandal, you were already ahead. You didn’t need to even the score
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2020, 03:07:14 PM »
I am not sure what you animus with Murkomen really is. I guess you want him to continue to handle Uhuru with kids gloves so he doesn't anger GEMA ground. That is going to be hard when Uhuru himself is not pulling punches.

This will be upto GEMA to decide. If they want to go with Uhuru - Murkomen is good excuse.

I think Ruto just need to become "real" and stop walking on GEMA eggs. This is time for tough love. Like in 1M 1S - GEMA need to be told the truth - that Mandera is as important as Muranga.

RV Pundit , You see even now journalists are saying the same things we were already saying

https://www.the-star.co.ke/siasa/2020-09-05-is-ruto-culpable-of-kemsa-scandal-or-texas-sharpshooter-victim/

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2020, 04:03:46 PM »
I am not sure what you animus with Murkomen really is. I guess you want him to continue to handle Uhuru with kids gloves so he doesn't anger GEMA ground. That is going to be hard when Uhuru himself is not pulling punches.

This will be upto GEMA to decide. If they want to go with Uhuru - Murkomen is good excuse.

I think Ruto just need to become "real" and stop walking on GEMA eggs. This is time for tough love. Like in 1M 1S - GEMA need to be told the truth - that Mandera is as important as Muranga.

I told you the way he talks , the way he puts a point across, the choice of words.He is a very intelligent man in 2017 campaign I saw a lot of potential  only to be disspointed later.
You said it well , If he is in poltics He needs to be a politician , talk and act as a poltician. Seems he has either been told or realised there is backlash he has changed tack today with a different narrative. Good improvement.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2020, 04:15:24 PM »
Yes, ultimately fighting Uhuru is zero sum game, if he is going home, but if he isn't, then it's worth fighting him. Poor Ruto. How do you fight when your hands are tied. Uhuru is knocking him all over and he has to please GEMA. I think Murkomen is tired with just being helpless.
I told you the way he talks , the way he puts a point across, the choice of words.He is a very intelligent man in 2017 campaign I saw a lot of potential  only to be disspointed later.
You said it well , If he is in poltics He needs to be a politician , talk and act as a poltician. Seems he has either been told or realised there is backlash he has changed tack today with a different narrative. Good improvement.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2020, 06:52:52 AM »
RV, You see even the Ruto Opps are now pionting the same about Murkomen .

https://www.the-star.co.ke/siasa/2020-09-05-ruto-should-stay-on-message-build-bridges-use-calm-spokesmen-not-bulldogs/

The second problem for the DP is that a large number of his supporters do not seem to appreciate the gravity of their position right now. Having been turned by the so-called ‘system’ into public enemy Number One, the DP should make his biggest task to win hearts across the country. I’m not sure he intends to do that when politicians associated with him appear confrontational and angry in public discourse.

The emotional meltdown by Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen a few days ago on the floor of the Senate —  even though on an unrelated matter — provides a good example of this.

It seems that Ruto and his supporters treat everything these days as a fight! If the 'deep state' does exist, I think it enjoys the spectacle of the DP and his fans engaging in what will ultimately be a fight in vain for the soul of Jubilee. It keeps them engaged for months, as their opponents plot the succession.

If the DP intends to win hearts across the country, the face of that pursuit must be national and persuasive. It would help him a great deal if Kenyans saw more of the composed and articulate Caleb Kositany than the rambunctious Murkomen

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 06:56:30 AM »

And another opps taking advantage of Murkomen

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/the-standard-insider/article/2001385312/murkomen-speaks-for-dp-but-did-we-vote-for-a-love-story

People of Kenya, please leave Senator Onesmus Kipchumba Murkomen (pictured) alone; he is just doing his job. His task as a present day Kenyan politician is to be a marionette. Now, for those who have forgotten their primary school Art and Craft lessons, the marionette is the most sophisticated in the category of inanimate instruments of performance.

Make no mistake, Murkomen is just one of many in the Deputy President’s extensive array of mouthpieces. But the rest are of a lesser variety. Most are ‘finger puppets’ who are painfully unconvincing. They are too small and expressionless to cause a national ripple. We cannot remember what they say 15 minutes after they say it! 

But Murkomen, the most favoured among the puppets, is effective. He deserves hearty congratulations. However in his stage appearance earlier week on JKL (Jeff Koinange Live), Onesmus Murkomen made grave mistakes that a good marionette should never make.

I must admit that in saying that Murkomen is a marionette, I could be wrong. Maybe the man is not a puppet, and is speaking on his own volition, raising his own sentiments and expressing his own appreciation of the political situation. But if Murkomen is speaking on his own behalf, and not that of the Deputy President, he is using his boss to gain personal traction. His goal being to outshine his master.

SEE ALSO: Murkomen vs Tobiko: War of words rages on

A keen listener during Murkomen’s JKL interview would discern some self-promotional statements that Murkomen made. For instance, Murkomen declared that at the height of the 2017 election season “he was the only politician in the President’s chopper”. He did not give us this information for no reason. He is priming himself as a centre of power himself.

Murkomen is not only dog whistling to the 1.4 million Kenyans who voted for William Ruto, but to any ‘power broker’ he thinks could elevate his political career. Murkomen is demonstrating how he can stand up to the most powerful office in the land, something that his own boss William Ruto has been unable to do. Generally, he told us that for years, the DP has been miserable and bitter, but it is him, Onesmus who has had the guts and audacity to tell the President directly.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 06:56:27 PM »
Another Ruto Opps taking advantage of Murkomen

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2020, 08:58:43 PM »

Another Opps