Author Topic: Njamba - your homeground is pretty impressive  (Read 3510 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Njamba - your homeground is pretty impressive
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »
Miraa is a drug. Just accept it. It alters your brain function. It's probably why most merus are not "normally" adjusted. Most merus are either drunkard (miraa get you to alcohol and bangi :) - and angry like a mkissi - I normally confuse the two - by way they argue or talk with lots of "hasira".

The somali conflict many believe has gone long because miraa has hallucinating effect - and many somalis don't know their country is kaput.

Yes Miraa is lucrative but like Coca or opium farming - it eventually destroy the society.

I have seen it at micro-level in Embu in-laws. Miraa just accept is a drug. Th meru that do well are Imentis - and they don't grow it - they grow coffee,tea, bananas and such horticultural crops. Nyambene and such areas remain backward...with kids abandoning schools, everyone is probably addicted to miraa and alcohol - if not slashing each other.

You were on a right path until you mentioned Meru Nyambene, and since I am more conversant than you I have to correct you where wrong. You see Meru have chewed Miraa for centuries since the days of Meroe c 800 BCE- c350 CE where all horn of africa kabilas probably started chewing. Miraa is more of an institution than commercial product, its somalis who commercialized Miraa. Miraa is not unique to Meru and has Meru ever anywhere been recorded to suffer from its effects. If they were adverse effects even the colonialist would have clearly documented. But what colonialists documented when they arrived in Meru and I quote "This community seems to fare much better than others we have encountered" so clearly No negative Miraa effects.
Just to enlight you Embu, especially mbeere have just begun muguka/miraa farming in 90s they have no tradition of khat nor any history, for embu/mbeere its purely commercial they know nothing else. Thats why they are always at loggerheads with Merus when sharing the Miraa money, from the last disbursement they got 160M with Meru 800M and Tharaka Nithi 40M. They complain it to be split 50/50 but even a std 2 kid in rural bomet knows thats a mirage. In the miraa taskforce out of 10 members they have none. Basically you can't let people who have never struggled or even put a coin in european courts to stop the Miraa ban nor have they even contributed a cent to market Miraa internationally have any say.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 10:48:11 AM »
Miraa is a drug.  It's probably why most merus are not "normally" adjusted. Most merus are either drunkard
Do you have statistics to prove this that merus are drunkards and and not"normally adjusted"? :D :D :D
 If you rely on you kiganjo uncle to feed you gabbage its the same that you will spew out, i.e gabbage in-gabbage out.
Funny stuff layman thinking. No wonder Kalenjin even after 24 hard rule of Moi have alot of heavy lifting to do  :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 12:39:27 PM »
Talk is cheap. In Embu - my inlaw almost exclusively get their milk boys from meru - when I was in Githunguri I also discovered the tea pluckers and milk boys are from Meru. In bars - the merus are competing with kambas for bar ladies - now it's likely to be Kendi - not Kanini. At least Ukambani is dry. The kikuyus ladies are most likely to be bar owners nowadays - not bar maids. I also see Nandis in there as bar maids - economy must be mad. Luhyas-Luos are not left behind...

And yes most merus are very serious drunkards - if not chewing miraa!!Your people need help from that drug miraa.As for kipsigis - we are doing so badly we have overtaken Luhyas for watchmen - I think now 90% of all security guards from Bomet.

Do you have statistics to prove this that merus are drunkards and and not"normally adjusted"? :D :D :D
 If you rely on you kiganjo uncle to feed you gabbage its the same that you will spew out, i.e gabbage in-gabbage out.
Funny stuff layman thinking. No wonder Kalenjin even after 24 hard rule of Moi have alot of heavy lifting to do  :D

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 03:16:55 PM »
 :(
Talk is cheap. In Embu - my inlaw almost exclusively get their milk boys from meru - when I was in Githunguri I also discovered the tea pluckers and milk boys are from Meru. In bars - the merus are competing with kambas for bar ladies - now it's likely to be Kendi - not Kanini. At least Ukambani is dry. The kikuyus ladies are most likely to be bar owners nowadays - not bar maids. I also see Nandis in there as bar maids - economy must be mad. Luhyas-Luos are not left behind...

And yes most merus are very serious drunkards - if not chewing miraa!!Your people need help from that drug miraa.As for kipsigis - we are doing so badly we have overtaken Luhyas for watchmen - I think now 90% of all security guards from Bomet.
Sorry your bitterness and bile amounts to nothing direct your anger to your kinsmen for blowing up 24 years and ending up paupers worse than church mouse. KNBS has data that I have quoted and media outlets, I challenged you for proper information but ironically you say talk is cheap and you cant quote a single source  apart from your frustrated kiganjo uncle :D who most likely got jilted by a Kendi after taking all his Money and returning to poor poverty-stricken Bomet :s_laugh: you of all people now is interested in shenanigans without any references, Meru is a small community that has done very well african standard, kalenjins are landless and poor. Sorry Not me its KNBS.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 04:34:21 PM »
Miraa is a drug.  It's probably why most merus are not "normally" adjusted. Most merus are either drunkard

kbl STATISTICS HAD Meru as number one alcohol consumer.. That was in the 80s and 90s. I am not sure if this changed.  There was a town that used to consume 900K of alcohol in a week back in 1990. My school mate Koome had 9 acres of Miraa.. the kid use to bring 21K as pocket money and drink every weekend from saturday to sunday. He would buy teachers alcohol so no one fucked with him

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2020, 05:14:35 PM »
The richest in our school use to be Maasai boys - they would sell some cows - and come with the money - and they had no idea what to use the money for - rarely bought anything - most of it ended up being stolen. The Maasai if they
kbl STATISTICS HAD Meru as number one alcohol consumer.. That was in the 80s and 90s. I am not sure if this changed.  There was a town that used to consume 900K of alcohol in a week back in 1990. My school mate Koome had 9 acres of Miraa.. the kid use to bring 21K as pocket money and drink every weekend from saturday to sunday. He would buy teachers alcohol so no one fucked with him

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »
The richest in our school use to be Maasai boys - they would sell some cows - and come with the money - and they had no idea what to use the money for - rarely bought anything - most of it ended up being stolen. The Maasai if they

Maasai need to be brought to 21st century and unlock their potential. on Miraa being a drug. It is a drug and it has damaged a lot of people in Islamic communities and Miraa growing communities like embu.. I used to chew it occasionally and it is one hella of a drug