Author Topic: Njamba - your homeground is pretty impressive  (Read 3508 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Njamba - your homeground is pretty impressive
« on: August 18, 2020, 07:44:21 AM »
Been to Githunguri recently twice - and all I saw was people walking with 10 gallon aluminium milk containers.Must take some hard work to rear those cows.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Re: Njamba - your homeground is pretty impressive
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »
Been to Githunguri recently twice - and all I saw was people walking with 10 gallon aluminium milk containers.Must take some hard work to rear those cows.
That whole kiambu area is no joke, in a 50 by 100 plot you can find a house, dairy cows x2, layer chicken x300. Its amazing how kikuyu can utilize land. Habana mchezo.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 09:05:27 AM »
Yes and I didn't  see the usual  drunkards..folks look healthy  and thriving

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 09:39:17 AM »
Yes and I didn't  see the usual  drunkards..folks look healthy  and thriving
Yes kikuyus work their ass off bana its no joke, but the problem is land, those that doesn't have end up as thugs, prostitutes and other degenerates and they are many about 30% of their population.
About drinking you surely were there during the day come back at 6pm thats when you will see pombe that is if they don't mug and murder you.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 10:40:12 AM »
Yes, you can tell the crime is high, the perimeter walls are taller than Nairobi. Maybe COVID-19 bar restrictions has deal with alcoholism. But overally the community appears to be really thriving.
Yes kikuyus work their ass off bana its no joke, but the problem is land, those that doesn't have end up as thugs, prostitutes and other degenerates and they are many about 30% of their population.
About drinking you surely were there during the day come back at 6pm thats when you will see pombe that is if they don't mug and murder you.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 10:51:28 AM »
Yes, you can tell the crime is high, the perimeter walls are taller than Nairobi. Maybe COVID-19 bar restrictions has deal with alcoholism. But overally the community appears to be really thriving.
Githunguri and kikuyu Kabete areas all way to ndenderu banana ruaka  have a false sense of what a newcomer would term as thriving, there are deep underlying problems that only locals know and feel pain, crime is high and usually victims are locals and perpetrators same. Jealousy is on an all time high, if you're rich its better living in nairobi than Githunguri, those wealthy have to ask for police transport to their homes after dark njamba can confirm this, if they dont their jealous or aggrieved relative are waiting in the dark to murder or rape them

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 10:56:51 AM »
Such a pity - that crime has been allowed to manifest. While I was there - I didn't feel unsafe though but the guy I was visiting lived in high wall and locked himself up in his compound.
Githunguri and kikuyu Kabete areas all way to ndenderu banana ruaka  have a false sense of what a newcomer would term as thriving, there are deep underlying problems that only locals know and feel pain, crime is high and usually victims are locals and perpetrators same. Jealousy is on an all time high, if you're rich its better living in nairobi than Githunguri, those wealthy have to ask for police transport to their homes after dark njamba can confirm this, if they dont their jealous or aggrieved relative are waiting in the dark to murder or rape them

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 11:50:19 AM »
I am glad you saw for yourself. The success of milk liberalization helped Githunguri a lot. The lower part of Githunguri is a coffee growing zone. When coffee prices plummeted farmers moved into zero grazing. Githunguri Daiey has really transformed incomes. If you would gonexfortjer up that where tea growing zone is. There is a lot of wealth in that area. Kikuyus farming productivity is very high. There are 18 year old that work 12 hours a day and can make 30k per month shs farming. Dr Ndii father inlaw is from that town. Ndii argument that kenyan economy can do better if we increase agricultural productivity shpuld be taken seriously. It one of the simple things that can create employment and reduce poverty drastically. South Africa has been sending delegations to githunguri dairy to explore ways to deal with landless South africans. White economist used to claim that you cannot make money in dairy farming without huge land and economics of scale the zero grazing model in kenya made nonsense of this.

Crime in githunguri has gone down a lot. I think moi era economic pressure is what made this area so dangerous then. These days there isxhardly any crime in my village. Pus a lot of the landless population has moved to kajiado or to middle east for work. Every home in my area has at least one person abroad

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »
I am glad you saw for yourself. The success of milk liberalization helped Githunguri a lot. The lower part of Githunguri is a coffee growing zone. When coffee prices plummeted farmers moved into zero grazing. Githunguri Daiey has really transformed incomes. If you would gonexfortjer up that where tea growing zone is. There is a lot of wealth in that area. Kikuyus farming productivity is very high. There are 18 year old that work 12 hours a day and can make 30k per month shs farming. Dr Ndii father inlaw is from that town. Ndii argument that kenyan economy can do better if we increase agricultural productivity shpuld be taken seriously. It one of the simple things that can create employment and reduce poverty drastically. South Africa has been sending delegations to githunguri dairy to explore ways to deal with landless South africans. White economist used to claim that you cannot make money in dairy farming without huge land and economics of scale the zero grazing model in kenya made nonsense of this.

Crime in githunguri has gone down a lot. I think moi era economic pressure is what made this area so dangerous then. These days there isxhardly any crime in my village. Pus a lot of the landless population has moved to kajiado or to middle east for work. Every home in my area has at least one person abroad
Possible things have changed, back in 2010 it was different scenario. I visited there stayed for 3 months my host was always armed and he didn't take chances he used to get jittery as dark approached when we were far from home. I even visited  properties owned by a lawyer called Imanyara different from the other imanyara. He had 30acres of land between ruaka and ndederu i wondered how a mmeru could own that prime land in Kiambu, again he was always multiple armed, every rich person in kiambu is armed to the teeth because their criminal relatives are also armed.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 12:36:41 PM »
Yes, honestly I didn't feel unsafe all, everywhere I saw people look healthy, dressed well and looked well off. You can see new development everywhere.

Kenya can teach Africa a lot on successfull model of small holder farming.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »
Njuri - you are a heckler with a bone to grind with Kikuyu. Kiraitu or Tharaka dwarf Kindiki do not make the cut - no Meru is D/presidential material in UK or PK mold.

Njamba and Pundit - how does this marry with the "Uhuru has neglected us" narrative?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »
Njuri - you are a heckler with a bone to grind with Kikuyu. Kiraitu or Tharaka dwarf Kindiki do not make the cut - no Meru is D/presidential material in UK or PK mold.

Njamba and Pundit - how does this marry with the "Uhuru has neglected us" narrative?
Nope i shoot straight from the hip, i dont dilly dally i say as it is. Obviously you would want a rosy picture of kikuyus since you depend on them for support in 2022 which is a mirage. Have you seen any kikuyu object or term my comments as lies? But you a luo lady see it fit to say so.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »

Nope i shoot straight from the hip, i dont dilly dally i say as it is. Obviously you would want a rosy picture of kikuyus since you depend on them for support in 2022 which is a mirage. Have you seen any kikuyu object or term my comments as lies? But you a luo lady see it fit to say so.

It is hard to rationalize your attitude. Meru punch above their weight in Kikuyu regimes - they are not supplicants but a privileged minority. Luo or Kalenjin dalliance with Kikuyu is functional - pragmatic - Meru's is cultural-historic. Your deep-seated complex is political Meru being Kikuyu appendage. This will not change soon. Yours is an ego challenge.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 04:25:57 PM »

Uhuru didn't need to anything for central. Just staying out of way and reducing taxes is that kikuyus need. Once Mau Mau road is built it will make rural peasants happy. Ruto is poisoning kikuyu peasants minds by turning them against kenyattas. If uhuru can grab 20 welll connected oligarchs and get rhem jailed he will become a Saint

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2020, 07:08:52 AM »
Githunguri is like Kagio and Mwea in kirinyaga, thriving rural towns driven by production of goods. Small towns like Kangema and mukurwueini are growing due to increased production of milk, we now just need more agribusiness in those rural areas. This is the natural way to urbanize and develop. 

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 09:26:33 AM »
Githunguri is like Kagio and Mwea in kirinyaga, thriving rural towns driven by production of goods. Small towns like Kangema and mukurwueini are growing due to increased production of milk, we now just need more agribusiness in those rural areas. This is the natural way to urbanize and develop.
Kagio is that near kutus. Kutus and mwea are naturally fertile. I bet this is the reason why kirinyaga people do not migrate. Their land is flat and fertile.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 09:29:04 AM »
I am going back this afternoon. Njamba let me know if you need me to pass by your girl friend :)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2020, 09:30:27 AM »
Yes I have seen Mwea grow in few years - every time I visit my inlaws - I pass there and I see how it's transforming. The rice milling did wonders. It's good that Mwea rice is very highly regarded in the market - as the plastic rice from shoddy dealers have messed the imports.

Embu has also transformed from coffee and bananas - into Muguka and macadamia - which is highly lucrative - The problem - it a drug that affect the young people in those villages adversely. This is probably the same problem in Meru - Nyambene and such areas - Miraa despite high income eventually damage the society.

For some period when tea was doing well - our rural place in Konoin was also doing well - but now tea is dead and the economy is also dead - our people need to diversify into avacados, dairy, horticulture and etc.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 06:13:37 AM »
Kagio is that near kutus. Kutus and mwea are naturally fertile. I bet this is the reason why kirinyaga people do not migrate. Their land is flat and fertile.
Kagio is between Sagana and kutus. The solution is production, if the local economy is liberalized residents will select to engage in economic activity of their choice.  Most of western is equally fertile and flat but the continued farming of sugar is what has led to depressed incomes.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 08:23:17 AM »
Yes I have seen Mwea grow in few years - every time I visit my inlaws - I pass there and I see how it's transforming. The rice milling did wonders. It's good that Mwea rice is very highly regarded in the market - as the plastic rice from shoddy dealers have messed the imports.

Embu has also transformed from coffee and bananas - into Muguka and macadamia - which is highly lucrative - The problem - it a drug that affect the young people in those villages adversely. This is probably the same problem in Meru - Nyambene and such areas - Miraa despite high income eventually damage the society.

For some period when tea was doing well - our rural place in Konoin was also doing well - but now tea is dead and the economy is also dead - our people need to diversify into avacados, dairy, horticulture and etc.

You were on a right path until you mentioned Meru Nyambene, and since I am more conversant than you I have to correct you where wrong. You see Meru have chewed Miraa for centuries since the days of Meroe c 800 BCE- c350 CE where all horn of africa kabilas probably started chewing. Miraa is more of an institution than commercial product, its somalis who commercialized Miraa. Miraa is not unique to Meru and has Meru ever anywhere been recorded to suffer from its effects. If they were adverse effects even the colonialist would have clearly documented. But what colonialists documented when they arrived in Meru and I quote "This community seems to fare much better than others we have encountered" so clearly No negative Miraa effects.
Just to enlight you Embu, especially mbeere have just begun muguka/miraa farming in 90s they have no tradition of khat nor any history, for embu/mbeere its purely commercial they know nothing else. Thats why they are always at loggerheads with Merus when sharing the Miraa money, from the last disbursement they got 160M with Meru 800M and Tharaka Nithi 40M. They complain it to be split 50/50 but even a std 2 kid in rural bomet knows thats a mirage. In the miraa taskforce out of 10 members they have none. Basically you can't let people who have never struggled or even put a coin in european courts to stop the Miraa ban nor have they even contributed a cent to market Miraa internationally have any say.