Author Topic: Hamelica in yet Immigrants  (Read 3043 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Hamelica in yet Immigrants
« on: November 16, 2020, 11:13:37 AM »
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/08/20/key-findings-about-u-s-immigrants/

The United States has more immigrants than any other country in the world. Today, more than 40 million people living in the U.S. were born in another country, accounting for about one-fifth of the world’s migrants. The population of immigrants is also very diverse, with just about every country in the world represented among U.S. immigrants.

View interactive charts
and detailed tables on
U.S. immigrants.
Pew Research Center regularly publishes statistical portraits of the nation’s foreign-born population, which include historical trends since 1960. Based on these portraits, here are answers to some key questions about the U.S. immigrant population.

How many people in the U.S. are immigrants?
The U.S. foreign-born population reached a record 44.8 million in 2018. Since 1965, when U.S. immigration laws replaced a national quota system, the number of immigrants living in the U.S. has more than quadrupled. Immigrants today account for 13.7% of the U.S. population, nearly triple the share (4.8%) in 1970. However, today’s immigrant share remains below the record 14.8% share in 1890, when 9.2 million immigrants lived in

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Hamelica in yet Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 06:55:56 PM »
We need more!!!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 07:05:19 PM »
I wonder if it would be good for an African country to open itself up to widespread immigration, with minimal requirements.  What would happen if say Rwanda welcomes anybody as long you have no criminal record?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 07:29:45 PM »
I wonder if it would be good for an African country to open itself up to widespread immigration, with minimal requirements.  What would happen if say Rwanda welcomes anybody as long you have no criminal record?

It would be good. Kenya has benefited by hosting refugees.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »
south africa tried with 11m immigrants in country of 55m; and we have seen the street battles.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 07:55:47 PM »
south africa tried with 11m immigrants in country of 55m; and we have seen the street battles.

Zulus are idiots

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 08:27:12 PM »

During apartheid they had bazungu only immigration there.  That's why you find different communities down there, Greeks, Italians, Portuguese etc just like the states.  The Azania Negro has no problem with this type of immigrant.  Sad.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 10:54:35 PM »
When economy is growing - and is generating jobs like US - immigrants are a blessing - when you have youth bulge without employment - then it almost a curse - like South Africa.

For country planning sake - they need to decide the number and type of immigrants coming in.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 12:17:44 AM »

They would benefit economically but the country would lose it soul. Economic growth is not everything.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 02:34:45 AM »

They would benefit economically but the country would lose it soul. Economic growth is not everything.

For me it’s not so much economics as freedom of choice. These units you associate with preservation of souls are just creations of bazungu.  I have been of the impression that you view such things with contempt.  I guess the mzungu gets to delineate the boundaries and the people - Africans no less - that are good for your soul, even as we welcome his kind like with the jumping Maasai to boot.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 05:44:01 AM »
During apartheid they had bazungu only immigration there.  That's why you find different communities down there, Greeks, Italians, Portuguese etc just like the states.  The Azania Negro has no problem with this type of immigrant.  Sad.

They do have a problem with them, thing is African economic migrants live in close proximity with poor Safas in the townships, competing with them, operating small vibandas and the like. They are an immediate threat to their livelihoods.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 12:36:55 PM »
Humans have always migrate, emigrated and now immigrate to where their fortunes are assured to be better. South Africa is a choice destination for all sort of mwafrika due to apartheid glory. Somalis have their choice in Eastleigh from where they spread out all over Kenya; to Minnesota, London and all corners.

For the young mwafrika out of secondary school or after college, this is one of the best moves one can make especially today. To me it seems, the best is long term - 20+ years. The short term Gulf contracts have messed up people - fucked up young families and you are still broke. 20+ years strategy will see you stable unless you are resigned to shit.

The ability to live independent of family; no relations and the exposure is needed for transformation of shithole mwafrika social, economic and political fronts post covid. We need migunas after every corner, to tackle the diaspora homeguard dynasty embedded in our public sector.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 04:30:41 PM »
For me it’s not so much economics as freedom of choice. These units you associate with preservation of souls are just creations of bazungu. I have been of the impression that you view such things with contempt.  I guess the mzungu gets to delineate the boundaries and the people - Africans no less - that are good for your soul, even as we welcome his kind like with the jumping Maasai to boot.

I don't disagree. You have to agree though, specific tribes and ethnic groups inhabit particular geographic spaces on earth. I don't sanctify European made borders or hold them to be legal, its incumbent on Africans to redraw colonial boundaries as they see fit to make sure there is ethnic homogeneity. What I meant for a place losing its soul is say you take a place like Bondo, you allowed unfettered influx of GEMA folk for years by the thousands, would the place still keep its local character - customs, language, way of life or would it take on the character of Central? You know the answer.

It makes sense for America curtail economic migration, assimilate the migrants already there and allow in highly skilled and educated immigrants to settle. One issue that unites poor African Americans and Caucasians is opposition to unfettered immigration legal or illegal.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 08:06:53 PM »
You cannot work hard to plan(control) your population and economy - and then allow free for all immigrants. Immigration should be linked to country overall planning. If there is lack of labour - go for it. Lack of capital - go for investors.

It make sense for Dubai to encourage free labour to it's shore - but for Kenya - Nope - we need investors.

It make sense for US to encourage immigration because they have booming economy.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 12:26:59 AM »
Yup. Africans are loathed for poverty real and imagined. Africa "immigration" is called tourism and actively encouraged by tourism boards. Those Italians in Malindi and Lamu live there for years - am sure Serenas are full of rich mzungu noone bothers to check if visa is valid. If you are rich or highly skilled you can live anywhere. Like those Kale athletes in Qatar or Bahrain - they don't even need to change religion so long as they glorify the adopted nation. O-1 expert visa can get you into US anytime. China now has Thousand Talents program- that Trump been making noise about- they sponsor STEM PHDs with citizenship, relocation, kid school, housing to work in China. Heck Ke doctors going to Cuba or Egypt.

What you are discussing here is basically intra-Africa immigration. You can have rules - like skills, college admissions, etc - which means nothing because qualified people are already globally mobile. Book a trip to the Mariott Kigali to research culture or take photos and no questions asked. I understand there are many middle class Sudanese in Nairobi or Thika. They have rent and not bothersome despite being dark-as-soot sore thumbs. But so long as unemployment is high it's tough luck for poor unskilled folks going to run kiosk in SA or anywhere. The poor will be unwelcome.

You cannot work hard to plan(control) your population and economy - and then allow free for all immigrants. Immigration should be linked to country overall planning. If there is lack of labour - go for it. Lack of capital - go for investors.

It make sense for Dubai to encourage free labour to it's shore - but for Kenya - Nope - we need investors.

It make sense for US to encourage immigration because they have booming economy.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 12:31:58 AM »
The Somali immigration to Nairobi, Machakos and everywhere is probably disguised by their already big indigenous numbers, and their work ethic. As in they are not leeches but positively competitive. And not thieves, drug dealers and such vices despite few Al Shaababs. I think peaceful Somalia would be booming and eclipse Kenya as economic hub. Otherwise Kenya already welcome many immigrants without big upheaval. Your suggestion is already reality -

@bitmask
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 01:25:50 AM »
It's all nice when regional countries are on the same plank. But if you have a south africa situation; then you're inviting trouble. EU works because all Europeans are nearly equal.

For kenya - there isn't much regional disparity -that will see flood gates - Uganda can move here but it's not like his life will change substantially -

So it all depend on situation. I definitely understand South Africa dillema. And that is also why all countries must move together towards posterity.

If US or EU were to relax immigration - third world countries would fill it up in one year.

The Somali immigration to Nairobi, Machakos and everywhere is probably disguised by their already big indigenous numbers, and their work ethic. As in they are not leeches but positively competitive. And not thieves, drug dealers and such vices despite few Al Shaababs. I think peaceful Somalia would be booming and eclipse Kenya as economic hub. Otherwise Kenya already welcome many immigrants without big upheaval. Your suggestion is already reality -

@bitmask

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 05:26:03 PM »
It's all nice when regional countries are on the same plank. But if you have a south africa situation; then you're inviting trouble. EU works because all Europeans are nearly equal.

For kenya - there isn't much regional disparity -that will see flood gates - Uganda can move here but it's not like his life will change substantially -

So it all depend on situation. I definitely understand South Africa dillema. And that is also why all countries must move together towards posterity.

If US or EU were to relax immigration - third world countries would fill it up in one year.

@bitmask

There might be something to the economic disparities and floodgates.  But I still think that is a zero sum way of looking at it.  If a Ugandan brick-maker knows he can hitch a ride to anywhere in Africa without a hustle there is going to be synergy and economic growth.  The locals might "suffer" but the overall there is a gain. 

When America opened up to Europeans, it wasn't the wealthy folks moving.  The vast majority of immigrants were basically hopeless, low-skilled with only their labor to offer.  America was the last Hail Mary.  Even to date, the diversity-visas(I don't if they still have those) target a mere high-school education.   Most legal immigrants are of average skills.

@Robina,

Those examples are not as a result of official policy though.

Harriet Tubman