Author Topic: One meal a day sounds like a good way to live  (Read 2648 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
One meal a day sounds like a good way to live
« on: July 16, 2020, 05:34:22 PM »
I am instuting this for myself. A cup of tea in the morning. Dinner at 6 pm and that is it. I need to train my body to layoff food. I need to use all the fat stored in my body. Exercise without radical diet change is a waste of time

My dad did this after having a heart attack at 60. I think this lifestyle has,bought him 10 more years.

I have 5 years to undo the lifetime of damage

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: One meal a day sounds like a good way to live
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:27:02 AM »
You probably have fatty liver syndrome, insulin resistance, massive inflammation, IBD and other issues. Kikuyus have a subpar diet. Githeri is not healthy food despite what most people think. Beans and legumes contain lectins which wreck havoc in the gut, they are also responsible for tooth decay. OMD aka one-meal-day is good start but it has to be keto. No grains, nor sugars, no fruits, no beers. Only then will the body begin to heal its self.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 12:02:52 PM »
Don't skip brekky.. !

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »
My breaky is at 4 pm and that the only meal. Break fast is literally breaking a fast. So I break my fast at 4 pm daily

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 05:12:00 PM »
10 am not hungry at all. Last meal 3 pm yesterday. The 3 meals a day requirement is bullshit

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 05:12:54 PM »
And the way this shitty Githeri meal gets pushed as national diets in schools. Must be having an effect on brain development given the Zombie like status of majority population.

You probably have fatty liver syndrome, insulin resistance, massive inflammation, IBD and other issues. Kikuyus have a subpar diet. Githeri is not healthy food despite what most people think. Beans and legumes contain lectins which wreck havoc in the gut, they are also responsible for tooth decay. OMD aka one-meal-day is good start but it has to be keto. No grains, nor sugars, no fruits, no beers. Only then will the body begin to heal its self.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 05:13:00 PM »
You're complicating life. Eat when you feel like eating. When you're hungry.
10 am not hungry at all. Last meal 3 pm yesterday. The 3 meals a day requirement is bullshit

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 05:17:06 PM »

You love pseudoscience. What the heck is this snake oil sales man talking about

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 05:18:54 PM »
Sounds good in theory but the problem is sustainability. Fighting hunger is a losing battle.  Good luck though.

I am instuting this for myself. A cup of tea in the morning. Dinner at 6 pm and that is it. I need to train my body to layoff food. I need to use all the fat stored in my body. Exercise without radical diet change is a waste of time

My dad did this after having a heart attack at 60. I think this lifestyle has,bought him 10 more years.

I have 5 years to undo the lifetime of damage

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 05:20:35 PM »

How much do you weigh? How is your energy  level? Pundit I am actually,found this to be very easy. This not a diet but a lifestyle change. My dad did thsi and the guy dropped from,over 240 pounds to 160. He dropped this weight in his 60s. You see how turkana  are healthy. It is because their lifestyle doesn't, revolve around eating. Diets do not work but a lifestyle  change can work and I am working on changing my lifestyle

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 05:24:50 PM »
I am slightly obese -  but generally I am stuck the last 15yrs on 83-89kilos - for six feet tall man. I don't exercise or diet. I eat anytime I want.I drink lots of alcohol - now mostly whisky.

How much do you weigh? How is your energy  level? Pundit I am actually,found this to be very easy. This not a diet but a lifestyle change. My dad did thsi and the guy dropped from,over 240 pounds to 160. He dropped this weight in his 60s. You see how turkana  are healthy. It is because their lifestyle doesn't, revolve around eating. Diets do not work but a lifestyle  change can work and I am working on changing my lifestyle

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 05:26:21 PM »
Just because it worked for your father does not mean it will work for you.  There are also issues of  lifestyle, age, hormones etc. It is a good thing to start somewhere and then tweak to find what works for you. There are the basics and then no one program works for everyone. You just have to keep trying until you find what works for you.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 05:43:45 PM »
Just because it worked for your father does not mean it will work for you.  There are also issues of  lifestyle, age, hormones etc. It is a good thing to start somewhere and then tweak to find what works for you. There are the basics and then no one program works for everyone. You just have to keep trying until you find what works for you.

I agree but this seems easy. I have done keto and Atkins both,very hard to,follow. However this one seems easy to adopt. Once you beat hunger hormones the first few days you are good to go. Fasting is useless  because after fasting you have to go back to old habits

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 05:55:52 PM »
Kikuyus have a subpar diet. Githeri is not healthy food despite what most people think.

That is patently untrue.  Githeri is really healthy.  The only downside is flatulence, which happens with quite a few other good foods.

Beans and legumes contain lectins which wreck havoc in the gut, they are also responsible for tooth decay. OMD aka one-meal-day is good start but it has to be keto. No grains, nor sugars, no fruits, no beers. Only then will the body begin to heal its self.

I read somewhere lectins are destroyed by boiling.  In my experience, githeri beans are usually boiled almost to a pulp.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 05:57:40 PM »

Depends on the environment though.  IMO if you work manual labor this is the way to go.  If you are prone over a desk for the better of the day, you probably need to watch what you eating.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 06:00:58 PM »

I sort of agree, though I suspect your idea is a bit extreme.  But I get your point about working and not eating healthy.  Working out can even run counter to good outcomes, because your appetite tends to go up.  But then, so does your metabolism.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 07:35:55 PM »

I agree but this seems easy. I have done keto and Atkins both,very hard to,follow. However this one seems easy to adopt. Once you beat hunger hormones the first few days you are good to go. Fasting is useless  because after fasting you have to go back to old habits

The real issue IMO(and I may be misreading) is trying to be as trim as a professional athlete.  Actually that is not healthy, in the long run.  There is an acceptable amount of fat(you don't need to see every vein and striation).  IMO as long as you are keeping fit and checking all your dietary needs, it shouldn't matter what you weigh.

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 07:34:09 AM »
KP, you're beautiful as you are, don't let no-one body shame you. Eat healthy, think healthy and be kind to yourself.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »
Kikuyus have a subpar diet. Githeri is not healthy food despite what most people think.

That is patently untrue.  Githeri is really healthy.  The only downside is flatulence, which happens with quite a few other good foods.

Beans and legumes contain lectins which wreck havoc in the gut, they are also responsible for tooth decay. OMD aka one-meal-day is good start but it has to be keto. No grains, nor sugars, no fruits, no beers. Only then will the body begin to heal its self.

I read somewhere lectins are destroyed by boiling.  In my experience, githeri beans are usually boiled almost to a pulp.

Not so fast, patna.

"Phytic acid is one of a number of “anti-nutrients” in grains and legumes. For an introduction to this subject, please see this article. Proper preparation of whole grains will neutralize a large portion of these problematic compounds."

"Studies on phytic acid reveal that for some people, the phytic acid in whole grains blocks calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron and copper; others seem immune to these adverse consequences, probably because of favorable gut flora, which in some cases can break down phytic acid. In addition, when animal fats providing vitamins A and D accompany dietary whole grains, the effects of phytic acid are mitigated."

Only pressure cooking them will get rid of lectins.

Grains, legumes require careful preparation to get rid of the anti nutrients that the plant uses as self defense.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 03:54:55 PM »
KP
If you put used oil in your car am sure it will not last long.
Same thing with your body. Keep feeding on Big Macs and we see how long youll last without pains and aches