Author Topic: Banking crisis - 700B Kshs loan in trouble.  (Read 4936 times)

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: Banking crisis - 700B Kshs loan in trouble.
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2020, 11:28:59 PM »
I am for Chinese-Ethiopia model that has lifted many out of poverty. We cannot use trickle-down. At our stage of under development - we need BIG GOV - once we have bridged the infrastructure deficit - gov can go small.

In fact If I was PORK i would float 100B dollar century Eurobond - and fix everything.

And then leave the economy to pay for it in 100yrs.

Once we have fixed the hardware - we can start thinking about HK software issues.

Ethiopia's command and control development model fell flat on its face. EPRDF offloaded their economic mess on Abiy after it became clear shit was going to hit the fan. They are going through a hard currency crisis, their begging for loans from the IMF. Why emulate such a failed model?
Even China's vaunted model is built on smoke and mirrors, their massage their GDP figures, build ghost towns, subsidize inefficient state run enterprises, steal land from peasants, build highways to nowhere. It is unsustainable, China is in trouble.

Read this article, pundit.

https://www.theelephant.info/op-eds/2018/06/23/a-question-of-power-why-ethiopias-economic-transformation-is-a-cautionary-african-tale/

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2020, 11:40:03 PM »
I am for Chinese-Ethiopia model that has lifted many out of poverty. We cannot use trickle-down. At our stage of under development - we need BIG GOV - once we have bridged the infrastructure deficit - gov can go small.

In fact If I was PORK i would float 100B dollar century Eurobond - and fix everything.

Once we have fixed the hardware - we can start thinking about HK software issues.

Ethiopia's command and control development model fell flat on its face. EPRDF offloaded their economic mess on Abiy after it became clear shit was going to hit the fan. They are going through a hard currency crisis, their begging for loans from the IMF. Why emulate such a failed model?
Even China's vaunted model is built on smoke and mirrors, their massage their GDP figures, build ghost towns, subsidize inefficient state run enterprises, steal land from peasants, build highways to nowhere. It is unsustainable, China is in trouble.

https://www.theelephant.info/op-eds/2018/06/23/a-question-of-power-why-ethiopias-economic-transformation-is-a-cautionary-african-tale/

Right on Arcadian. You have a better grasp of these things than most kenyans. Ethiopia is going thru a civil war. Oromos have matched to within miles of Addis. They are now causing fracas inside Addis. The former regime stole all the FX that was there. According to Ethiopia diaspora the arrangement was a,safe exit to exile in USA but trump happened. All Erhiopians I have talked to are avoiding going home for fear of being targeted by the civil war going on. Abiy has been begging Ethiopians in USA to go back home,to boost fx inflows. The problem is that there is no security

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2020, 11:42:19 PM »

Pundit Economic Theory

Government is the answer to all problems.. You want infrastructure let GOK build it by borrowing or over taxing

You want to increase demand for Mortgages - Let GOK create a subsidized pyramid scheme in housing

Bottom line Pundit wants a NORTH KOREA type of Economy. North Korea Infrastructure is super developed. However there are no cars to use it and the few trams there there there is no one to ride them.. Pundit won't mind a Kim Jo Yung of Kenya to emerge

Let us see how the 5 trillion borrowed by wanjohi will do

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2020, 08:51:07 AM »

NONSENSE