Author Topic: Njuri this why meru is seen as backwards  (Read 2981 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Njuri this why meru is seen as backwards
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »
Btw I slam starting to notice most merus have twisted kiraitu like mouth from chewing miraa..munya, kiraitu,linturi and maore are good example..njuri waacha Miraaa.You really cannot lipsick a meru because the mouth is opposite of the vocal chords.i hear cancers are also up rising.Chewing khat seem to eventually distort the mouth

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2020, 10:34:01 PM »
Meru miraa is the tought on your jaw. I wonder if it can cause such. Muscle paralyssis. I like mbeere muguka it is more potent and easier to chew

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 08:03:12 AM »
Btw I slam starting to notice most merus have twisted kiraitu like mouth from chewing miraa..munya, kiraitu,linturi and maore are good example..njuri waacha Miraaa.You really cannot lipsick a meru because the mouth is opposite of the vocal chords.i hear cancers are also up rising.Chewing khat seem to eventually distort the mouth
Nonesense! Just like Kenyanplato says the jaw does most of the work chewing kama ngombe tu. Apart from Kiraitu others are fine. If it was the case somalis who chew more miraa than merus would have the twisted mouths. As for cancers its not miraa, i think ots use of chemicals farming, most cancers are stomach cancer i would think.
On a second thought i think what you see could be because of how they move their lips mouth when talking, this certainly is because of they heavy meru accent that results in pronunciation that appear as mouth getting twisted.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 08:27:20 AM »
Yes, the stomach/gut cancers are rivaling Kispigis, ours is blamed on mursik, but I think chemicals, esp roundup is probably to blame. Maybe it the accent - as for Somalis I have seen them at the dentist, with teeth gone.

Miraa is a nasty habit - humans don't have the herbivores kind of teeth - and cows lose their teeth - but they grow it back up.

Somebody should package miraa into a little nice chewing gum.

Nonesense! Just like Kenyanplato says the jaw does most of the work chewing kama ngombe tu. Apart from Kiraitu others are fine. If it was the case somalis who chew more miraa than merus would have the twisted mouths. As for cancers its not miraa, i think ots use of chemicals farming, most cancers are stomach cancer i would think.
On a second thought i think what you see could be because of how they move their lips mouth when talking, this certainly is because of they heavy meru accent that results in pronunciation that appear as mouth getting twisted.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2020, 11:40:59 AM »
Miraa is not just for chewing its an institution t has been there for centuries. Its used for wedding and other traditions so you can't just wish it away. All horn of africa and yemeni tribes have used miraa/khat for centuries, to be honest apart from the green teeth when one is chewing, bulging cheeks and big bulging almost bloodshot eyes :D that annoy me i do not see miraa with other side effect. But Miraa was good when used for traditional cultural practices this commercialization of miraa i do not like it

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 09:33:04 AM »
Kiraitu has been reduced to a village chief, word is now he is obsessed with destruction of Kawira his henchmen are further adding fuel to the fire by telling kiraitu no way he can be defeated by a woman if he is circumsized, maendeleo has taken a back seat in Meru simply because its a woman opposing Kiraitu. Meanwhile word is Munya wants back governor seat reason to prove to kiraitu he is the man and to settle vendetta. In TNC Kindiki is heading for governor seat too, Their goes our"national" leaders leaving me to RISE!