Author Topic: Americans are getting tired of Cops  (Read 3768 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Americans are getting tired of Cops
« on: May 28, 2020, 06:23:22 PM »
In the 1990s riots used to involve mostly Black people. Now days BLM has been able to recruit all races and every protest against police brutality has a good representation of the society.

American institutions are failing to evolve quickly to meet the changing demographics. I think the police force may be the first to be annihilated by angry citizens. The next will be justice system.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1265874933432737792

Protester surrounded the killer cop home and now PD had to guard him. The optic of a whole battallion guarding a cop are not good. Fuck I wish I was in Minnesota I would be there fighting these motherfuckers

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gs3cc7/large_group_of_officers_lined_up_in_front_of/

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Americans are getting tired of Cops
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 07:02:58 PM »
Slave patrols and the institution of American police have a lot in common.
The American South relied almost exclusively on slave labor and white Southerners lived in near constant fear of slave rebellions disrupting this economic status quo. As a result, these patrols were one of the earliest and most prolific forms of early policing in the South. The responsibility of patrols was straightforward—to control the movements and behaviors of enslaved populations. According to historian Gary Potter, slave patrols served three main functions.

(1) to chase down, apprehend, and return to their owners, runaway slaves;
(2) to provide a form of organized terror to deter slave revolts; and,
(3) to maintain a form of discipline for slave-workers who were subject to summary justice, outside the law.”

Organized policing was one of the many types of social controls imposed on enslaved African Americans in the South. Physical and psychological violence took many forms, including an overseer’s brutal whip, the intentional breakup of families, deprivation of food and other necessities, and the private employment of slave catchers to track down runaways.

https://lawenforcementmuseum.org/2019/07/10/slave-patrols-an-early-form-of-american-policing/

After slavery ended, lynchings became the means of black control.  The mob would show up at your porch and demand you politely hand over the "suspect" to face the law.  These days it's gun totting cops doing the same.  The suspect often ends up dead.

Then there is the fact that the policing system in America is in place to "enforce the law".  Not to protect anybody.  Cops are literally not legally obliged to protect anybody from harm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_of_Castle_Rock_v._Gonzales.  That usually grants "law enforcement" priority over ensuring the safety of suspects and grants a sort of licence to kill(especially black suspects).
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 08:30:05 PM »
Everyone should get mad at this and very very mad so this can stop happening.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:01:06 PM »
In the 1990s riots used to involve mostly Black people. Now days BLM has been able to recruit all races and every protest against police brutality has a good representation of the society.

American institutions are failing to evolve quickly to meet the changing demographics. I think the police force may be the first to be annihilated by angry citizens. The next will be justice system.

Protester surrounded the killer cop home and now PD had to guard him. The optic of a whole battallion guarding a cop are not good. Fuck I wish I was in Minnesota I would be there fighting these motherfuckers

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gs3cc7/large_group_of_officers_lined_up_in_front_of/
Come back to Kenya. Whites will chew you guys up. You need come invest in Limuru. American dream vaporized

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 10:51:52 PM »

Come back to Kenya. Whites will chew you guys up. You need come invest in Limuru. American dream vaporized

I became a honorary negro so kenya is out of question

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 09:04:43 AM »
Revolutionary development in addressing the systemic racism in criminal justice institutions.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 09:24:42 AM »
Capitalism is used very worried about looting. They can't understand why people are angry.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 07:36:11 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 12:46:53 AM »
Capitalism is used very worried about looting. They can't understand why people are angry.

They can, but because they are racists, looting is a convenient deflection.   
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 01:19:36 PM »
kimeumana
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 06:00:38 PM »
With this madness it's looking up for Trump in November.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 07:11:01 PM »

He still has to pull off the margins that worked for him against Clinton in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin.  It was possible with Clinton because they were both historically unpopular.  It's an uphill task with Biden, who probably just needs to turn around one of those states to win.  It's easy to forget that Trump suffered a historical deficit in the popular vote for a winner.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2020, 09:08:48 PM »

He still has to pull off the margins that worked for him against Clinton in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin.  It was possible with Clinton because they were both historically unpopular.  It's an uphill task with Biden, who probably just needs to turn around one of those states to win.  It's easy to forget that Trump suffered a historical deficit in the popular vote for a winner.

Racism and religion are Trump's biggest cards. His base is rednecks and evangelicals.  These racial divide is literally GOTV for him. Racial fireworks further wedge the white women vote - Trump beat Hillary in this demographic. The "build the wall" fringe - deplorables - are what delivered Trump.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 02:24:43 AM »
Trump will use any means, including murder to get elected. If he does expect more chaos or even WW3 as he has advocated for it. Its all about him.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 03:21:49 AM »
If he loses, I have no doubt he will try to do something stupid.  Maybe take everyone down with him.  His freedom now hinges on staying in office.  Especially given that Biden has said he would not pardon the guy.

Earlier today downtown. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2020, 09:28:45 AM »
With the sun out, these people are not going back to the shitty stay at home nonsense. Even white supremacists want out for the sun- they were already protesting to be allowed out.

The Trump reelection will be greatest political casualty given he was riding on employment and economy rebound even among nyeuthis.

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 10:38:29 PM »
With the sun out, these people are not going back to the shitty stay at home nonsense. Even white supremacists want out for the sun- they were already protesting to be allowed out.

The Trump reelection will be greatest political casualty given he was riding on employment and economy rebound even among nyeuthis.

Lockdown is officially over with a bang I guess.  I am crossing my fingers.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 08:19:37 AM »

Yup. The COVID statistics are not going to be kind.

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »

Yup. The COVID statistics are not going to be kind.

Or they could and it would be a prison break from there on.  Fauci would be on the ropes.  Let's see how it pans out in two weeks.

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2020, 09:48:02 PM »
Wow, this has greatly embrassed US and expose how deadly Trump racism has become. Even Europeans are matching on US embassies. Wow, what a shame to the Empire. America needs to change quickly before demographics finally bring about bloody end to this empire