Author Topic: Did the world act on faulty science  (Read 1642 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Did the world act on faulty science
« on: May 22, 2020, 02:32:49 AM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/05/21/how_fear_groupthink_drove_unnecessary_global_lockdowns_143253.html?fbclid=IwAR3mHl0Du4WjCS12tbCxVrN0frLmFU14meHxnrRGTj8liFypR9o1KlI4s1g

I got this from my Gop group

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Did the world act on faulty science
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 04:36:18 AM »
The science maybe valid, but the over-reliance on the model maybe off.  You can't have it stand in for actual facts.  But in the US, it's all they have.  They have barely touched the surface with widespread testing.  Virtually nothing resembling contact tracing is happening.  There is nothing to correct the models.  And there are no plans for that to happen, even as people talk of reopening.  If ever a crisis boiled down to inept leadership this is it.  This is how I imagine things would pan out in a country ruled by Idi Amin Dada.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 12:30:52 AM »
The science maybe valid, but the over-reliance on the model maybe off.  You can't have it stand in for actual facts.  But in the US, it's all they have.  They have barely touched the surface with widespread testing.  Virtually nothing resembling contact tracing is happening.  There is nothing to correct the models.  And there are no plans for that to happen, even as people talk of reopening.  If ever a crisis boiled down to inept leadership this is it.  This is how I imagine things would pan out in a country ruled by Idi Amin Dada.

I am really disappointed by Federal govt. This is the fuck of the century. No testing nothing.. this shit is bad

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/covid-forecasts/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Now the models claim that average of 125K will die. I belief 300K will die. This disease hasn't even infected 30% of the population

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 12:54:49 AM »

I am really disappointed by Federal govt. This is the fuck of the century. No testing nothing.. this shit is bad

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/covid-forecasts/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Now the models claim that average of 125K will die. I belief 300K will die. This disease hasn't even infected 30% of the population

At a minimum, contact tracing is needed.  But it's been left entirely up to the states to do it WITHOUT the funds.  And Republicans won't fund the states without some more billionaire and corporate giveaways and tax cuts.  The states are on their own.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 03:30:55 AM »
Magufuli has been calling bullshit against corona disinformation and hysteria since covid day 1. Western media are WHO and Bill gate vaccines mouthpieces. This is no surprise coming after Trump defang WHO and fire a missile at Ethiopia Thedros!

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »
Plato,
I cant believe you fell for that. A lot more could be dead now were it not for lock down. I mean a lot. Always look at the source of all news. Anything that is none mainstream, proceed with caution. Trumpist are on the match to counter the fact that 1+1=2. They use their own educated scientists  to manipulate and sell fake data. This new thinking has invaded leaders of Tanzania, Brazil, Turkey, etc.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 05:11:25 PM »
Plato,
I cant believe you fell for that. A lot more could be dead now were it not for lock down. I mean a lot. Always look at the source of all news. Anything that is none mainstream, proceed with caution. Trumpist are on the match to counter the fact that 1+1=2. They use their own educated scientists  to manipulate and sell fake data. This new thinking has invaded leaders of Tanzania, Brazil, Turkey, etc.

I know i just want hear if anyone thinks this is credible. Part of consprjancy theory is mixing facts anf opnions and makijng it hard to refute

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 05:55:04 PM »
PRECISELY. What the big deal with economy if people's lives are at stake - you error on the side of caution. The people who lost 100K brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, name it.....will feel the pain for longer time..than the economy will be down.

We need to proceed with caution. Open up slowly and monitor.

Plato,

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 08:02:33 PM »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/05/21/how_fear_groupthink_drove_unnecessary_global_lockdowns_143253.html?fbclid=IwAR3mHl0Du4WjCS12tbCxVrN0frLmFU14meHxnrRGTj8liFypR9o1KlI4s1g

Clearly the world overreacted. Look at the Sweden model where they made false predictions.

Killed a mosquito with a sledgehammer and are now busy justifying that there was a nail under the mosquito anyway. Another telltale sign is that in places where lockdowns were almost total, infections are still happening, adding insult to injury and rubbing it in economically. So Trump response was as bad as people may paint it to be. He's not the greatest and most moral man alive today but on this we can only say it's good he called their bluff.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 11:10:19 PM »

Clearly the world overreacted. Look at the Sweden model where they made false predictions.

Killed a mosquito with a sledgehammer and are now busy justifying that there was a nail under the mosquito anyway. Another telltale sign is that in places where lockdowns were almost total, infections are still happening, adding insult to injury and rubbing it in economically. So Trump response was as bad as people may paint it to be. He's not the greatest and most moral man alive today but on this we can only say it's good he called their bluff.

You are one of the conspiracy spreaders. Sweden was one of the first ones to institute testing and quarantining those who are sick, so they did not need to shut down. S. Korea did the same.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
Btw, Sweden's death rate is much higher than its neighbours like Denmark and Norway which decided to lockdown. Also Sweden's economy has not done any better than the two neighbouring countries. The Swedes are not going to theatre or to restaurants like they did before. People are being careful and the government has given the responsibilty to the people. This not a hustler nation like Kenya or the US. One can survive without taking risks.
In Sweden the welfare system is so well developed, that one can survive very well with any kind of job. Even waiters in restaurants do not take tips. Their salary is enough. Taxes are very high and the well paid end up being not having much more money than the lowly paid.
Sweden is just not the role model for the world. We had better look for another example.

You are one of the conspiracy spreaders. Sweden was one of the first ones to institute testing and quarantining those who are sick, so they did not need to shut down. S. Korea did the same.