Author Topic: #metoo cobra now attacks Biden  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
#metoo cobra now attacks Biden
« on: April 27, 2020, 01:09:40 PM »
Biden is one of the nutcases that unconditionally back #metoo nonsense where due dilligence goes thru the window. It now biting him hard in the arse. Suddenly the Rethugs don't see need for evidence - they want a Kavanaugh circus. Can't say I feel much for Biden on this one as accusations from 1980s emerge
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: #metoo cobra now attacks Biden
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:28:34 PM »
Biden is one of the nutcases that unconditionally back #metoo nonsense where due dilligence goes thru the window. It now biting him hard in the arse. Suddenly the Rethugs don't see need for evidence - they want a Kavanaugh circus. Can't say I feel much for Biden on this one as accusations from 1980s emerge

It's always good to approach these things on principle instead of team-thinking, and it takes a great deal of integrity to be fair to your 'enemy.'

There was no evidence that Kavanaugh did anything apart from a 40-year old completely uncorroborated story. The other cases that 'emerged' after were so ridiculous, even the Times was like nah. Democrats said due process does not matter "because this is a job application, not a court case," and to "believe the woman." Well, they are now making the exact same case Republicans did for Kavanaugh for Biden.

Here's the truth: nobody knows what happened between Biden and Reade or Ford and Kavanaugh besides the people directly involved as none have direct witnesses. The "believe women" nonsense is madness because it's about determining guilt by group-membership (who's the male, who's the female) and has absolutely nothing to do with fairness or justice. Why? Because humans have no other way of determining the truth of a disputed claim of wrong-doing except objective evidence. There's no way to compensate for that by "believing" one side based on their gender, and that should be the rule/standard regardless of whether the person accused is Republican, Democrat, White, Black, Male, Female. Democrats now learning that lesson.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 05:05:00 PM »

#metoo comes from a good place.  It is not the same as suspending judgment in evaluating these women's claims.  This one wont stick because it doesn't pass the laugh test.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 06:38:53 PM »
Biden is a creep. How do you finger a woman in the hallway. in my teens I tried that stuff but not after the age of 25. You have to lead me on and I have to be double sure that I can place that finger there with no resistance

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 07:28:24 PM »
I hear Kadame but I really have no time for liberal woke hypocrisy, at least Rethugs don't politicize gender or rape. Biden needs to face the delusional "believe women" test and see how he rebuts these victims from the 80s when no proof is required. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 02:50:14 AM »
They are really pushing that story.  Biden is not always a liberal favorite in terms of policy, but he has a squeaky clean image in matters womanizing.  No pussy grabbing reputation.  Closest we get are fatherly(grandfatherly) hugs.  So charges that can stick with a Trump or a character with a similarly unsavory reputation can seem contrived against Biden.  While Biden could safely ignore the allegations I would love to see him personally address them.  Additionally all such claims ought to be investigated thoroughly
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 12:36:49 PM »
I hear Kadame but I really have no time for liberal woke hypocrisy, at least Rethugs don't politicize gender or rape. Biden needs to face the delusional "believe women" test and see how he rebuts these victims from the 80s when no proof is required. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Yep. Most people who aren't die-hard Democrats will be put off by the blatant double standard. But looking at the bright side, the era of determining guilt via twitter mob is kind of over. Suddenly, the mob has re-discovered concepts like due process and evidence. That's a good thing.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 01:47:00 PM »
Kadame
What about clarence thomas vs anita hill?

Should cosby have been convicted?

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 02:28:53 PM »
Kadame
What about clarence thomas vs anita hill?

Should cosby have been convicted?
I have heard some things that make me doubt that Bill Cosby raped that lady, BUT, he was convicted in a court of law after due process, so whether or not I think the correct decision was arrived at, it's a very different kettle of fish than Justices Thomas and Kavanaugh and V.P. Biden. In addition, I have not dug into details of the case, so I don't really know: I just heard somethings about the suppression of a witness who was set to testify that the lady bragged/swore that she'd get Bill (and it wasn't about him raping her but something else she was pissed about).

My stand regarding those three prospective public office holders is the same: #Metoo std of "believe women" is sheer insanity. It was bound to come to a halt at some point. It should've been something like, "investigate all accusations" not "believe all women." What insanity is that?

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 04:56:54 PM »
Biden denied it and called for full transparency.
"While the details of these allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault are complicated, two things are not complicated. One is that women deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, and when they step forward they should be heard, not silenced. The second is that their stories should be subject to appropriate inquiry and scrutiny," the former vice president and presumptive Democratic 2020 nominee said in the statement.

He continued, "Responsible news organizations should examine and evaluate the full and growing record of inconsistencies in her story, which has changed repeatedly in both small and big ways."

"But this much bears emphasizing," he said. "She has said she raised some of these issues with her supervisor and senior staffers from my office at the time. They -- both men and a woman -- have said, unequivocally, that she never came to them and complained or raised issues. News organizations that have talked with literally dozens of former staffers have not found one -- not one -- who corroborated her allegations in any way. Indeed, many of them spoke to the culture of an office that would not have tolerated harassment in any way -- as indeed I would not have."

In the next article Michael J. Stern explains why he does not believe Tara Reade.  It really boils down to her credibility or lack thereof.

If we must blindly accept every allegation of sexual assault, the #MeToo movement is just a hit squad. And it's too important to be no more than that.

A year ago, Tara Reade accused former Vice President Joe Biden of touching her shoulder and neck in a way that made her uncomfortable, when she worked for him as a staff assistant in 1993. Then last month, Reade told an interviewer that Biden stuck his hand under her skirt and forcibly penetrated her with his fingers. Biden denies the allegation.

Reade told The Union that Biden wanted her to serve drinks at an event. After she refused, "she felt pushed out and left Biden's employ," the newspaper said last April. But Reade claimed this month in her Times interview that after she filed a sexual harassment complaint with the Senate personnel office, she faced retaliation and was fired by Biden’s chief of staff.

Leaving a job after refusing to serve drinks at a Biden fundraiser is vastly different than being fired as retaliation for filing a sexual harassment complaint with the Senate. The disparity raises questions about Reade’s credibility and account of events.

At some point she even appears to praise Biden for his work against sexual assault.
In the 1990s, Biden worked to pass the Violence Against Women Act. In 2017, on multiple occasions, Reade retweeted or “liked” praise for Biden and his work combating sexual assault. In the same year, Reade tweeted other compliments of Biden, including: “My old boss speaks truth. Listen.” It is bizarre that Reade would publicly laud Biden for combating the very thing she would later accuse him of doing to her.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3046962001

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 05:43:43 PM »
bitmask you miss the point by a mile... I suspect willfully. The Dems and the woke squads have deliberately weaponized gender and rape by discarding due process. They told us during Kavanaugh that the burden of proof is on the accused. What investigation is needed when no proof is required of the accuser? This is the court of public opinion so he should he handled just like Kavanaugh. Klobuchar and Harris were part of the anti- Kavanaugh lynch mob. Poor bloke escaped career death by a whisker. Now one of them will be VP so it will make for a good comedy. I want Trump gone but Fox and the RNC are right to hammer Biden hard. I want Biden crucified so the Left can wake up from the #metoo delusion.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 06:05:58 PM »
bitmask you miss the point by a mile... I suspect willfully. The Dems and the woke squads have weaponized gender and rape by discarding due process. They told us during Kavanaugh that the burden of proof is on the accused. What investigation is needed when no proof is required of the accuser? This is the court of public opinion so he should he handled just like Kavanaugh. Klobuchar and Harris were part of the anti- Kavanaugh lynch mob. Poor bloke escaped career death by a whisker. I want Trump gone but Fox and the RNC are rigor hut has on Biden. I want Biden crucifies so the Left can wake up from the #metoo delusion.

I guess I just don't agree with the premise that due process has been treated as irrelevant, let alone discarded.  During Kavanaugh's hearing, there were calls for a thorough investigation.  Kavanaugh did not support them and neither did the Republicans.  It begs the question who is really against due process. 

If you see #metoo as a movement that is against due process, then nobody is going to argue with you about its craziness.  But I don't see it that way.  I think women who think they have a case should not be intimidated, be heard, and more importantly not be dismissed offhand.

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 06:54:11 PM »
bitmask you miss the point by a mile... I suspect willfully. The Dems and the woke squads have weaponized gender and rape by discarding due process. They told us during Kavanaugh that the burden of proof is on the accused. What investigation is needed when no proof is required of the accuser? This is the court of public opinion so he should he handled just like Kavanaugh. Klobuchar and Harris were part of the anti- Kavanaugh lynch mob. Poor bloke escaped career death by a whisker. I want Trump gone but Fox and the RNC are rigor hut has on Biden. I want Biden crucifies so the Left can wake up from the #metoo delusion.

I guess I just don't agree with the premise that due process has been treated as irrelevant, let alone discarded.  During Kavanaugh's hearing, there were calls for a thorough investigation.  Kavanaugh did not support them and neither did the Republicans.  It begs the question who is really against due process. 

If you see #metoo as a movement that is against due process, then nobody is going to argue with you about its craziness.  But I don't see it that way.  I think women who think they have a case should not be intimidated, be heard, and more importantly not be dismissed offhand.

This my position on this.  well articulated.