Author Topic: Zoom security breach? Gates/CIA dirty war?  (Read 878 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Zoom security breach? Gates/CIA dirty war?
« on: April 13, 2020, 09:47:49 PM »
I find the Zoom security breach of its ovideo conferencing tools very susppect. It was shadowing Microsoft Azure. jack of al trades gangster Gates must have been pissed that Zoom guys were eating his lunch hedging on corona. He is changing office 365 to draw more dollars from us.

Once Zoom allow Gates-CIA to implant their bugs it will be accepted or it will be dead by then.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Zoom security breach? Gates/CIA dirty war?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 07:32:18 AM »
Why is Uncle Sam a suspect? Because Zoom guy is Chinese born? If he is treacherous with MSS backdoor NSA would switch him off yes. I don't think Microsoft has such power or motivation. Zoom is only a Skype or Google Hangout rival... not Azure level.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Zoom security breach? Gates/CIA dirty war?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »
As if Zoom Video Communications didn’t have enough troubles, now it has the world’s most valuable company breathing down its neck.

Twice last week, Microsoft issued statements touting the popularity of its Teams collaboration platform for meetings and video calls. The company said Thursday it hit a daily record of 2.7 billion meeting minutes on March 31, up 200% from two weeks prior. The company also said total video calls over the platform grew more than 1,000% during the month of March. That came three days after Microsoft boasted of the security of videoconferencing in Teams.

Microsoft never mentions Zoom in its statements. But the coronavirus pandemic has made the popular videoconferencing service a household name—and the one for all competitors to beat. Microsoft also picked a time in which Zoom looked particularly vulnerable. The statement on Team’s security features came just days after Zoom Chief Executive Eric Yuanpublicly admitted to having “really messed up” in his handling of security concerns. Brad Zelnick of Credit Suisse downgraded Zoom to an equivalent of a sell rating last Monday, citing in part security concerns along with the stock’s high valuation. He noted that Microsoft Teams “remains the most significant competitive threat” over the longer term.

Zoom, for its part, considers Microsoft both an important distribution channel as well as a competitor, based on the company’s 10k filing last month. That is because many users of Teams also use Zoom for videoconferencing. Mr. Yuan is also aggressively trying to repair Zoom’s image. Among other changes announced last week, Zoom hired former Facebook security head Alex Stamos as an outside adviser. Mr. Stamos has been a frequent critic of his former employer and other big tech names—including Zoom—over issues of privacy and security.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/microsoft-isnt-cutting-zoom-any-slack-11586777401
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution