Author Topic: CORONA WILL TAKE DOWN TRUMP  (Read 3756 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: CORONA WILL TAKE DOWN TRUMP
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 07:06:19 PM »
Trump will be reelected. That is simple to know if you interact with republicans on a regular basis
Correct.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »
Garliv I don't think Biden is that far gone. He has simple gaffes not lack of comprehension. I wanted Sanders but still Biden any day over Trump.

It's a popular talking point.  On the right.  The polls currently have Biden with a healthy lead going in.  If the worst that can be said about the guy is incoherence, in today's political environment, that seems like a powerful endorsement. 

In any case, it makes his pick for veep(we know it's a woman) that more interesting.  I see Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris as prohibitive favorites, with a Harris pick being more reassuring to conservative undecideds.

I don't think anything any of them does matters at this point.  Both sides are dug in, with GOP being that way since 2016.  That's why I don't see corona having an impact one way or another. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 09:15:52 PM »
Garliv I don't think Biden is that far gone. He has simple gaffes not lack of comprehension. I wanted Sanders but still Biden any day over Trump.

It's a popular talking point.  On the right.  The polls currently have Biden with a healthy lead going in.  If the worst that can be said about the guy is incoherence, in today's political environment, that seems like a powerful endorsement. 

In any case, it makes his pick for veep(we know it's a woman) that more interesting.  I see Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris as prohibitive favorites, with a Harris pick being more reassuring to conservative undecideds.

I don't think anything any of them does matters at this point.  Both sides are dug in, with GOP being that way since 2016.  That's why I don't see corona having an impact one way or another.

Independents and the "undecided conservatives" are swayed by such. Always comes down to the purple wire.

Garliv is a dogmatic conservative which partly explains the Ruto appeal. Christian & family values, lean govt, etc.

I don't see what Trump offers in terms of smarts. His mercurial nature and opposing science became an issue quite early. Covid-19 is a last nail. He is just bombastic and nothing else - I recall you saying it: Trump is an incompetent guy without the smoke and mirrors.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »

Independents and the "undecided conservatives" are swayed by such. Always comes down to the purple wire.

Garliv is a dogmatic conservative which partly explains the Ruto appeal. Christian & family values, lean govt, etc.

I don't see what Trump offers in terms of smarts. His mercurial nature and opposing science became an issue quite early. Covid-19 is a last nail. He is just bombastic and nothing else - I recall you saying it: Trump is an incompetent guy without the smoke and mirrors.

Yep.   Trump thrives in an environment where he can postpone the rubber meeting the road.  Like the Apprentice.  If you gave Dennis Rodman the reigns of power, he can't do worse than Trump.  These are the times you wish the President was AWOL leaving everything to government bureaucracy.  When you start feeling the effects of the Federal government in your daily life, someone has been incompetent in a big way.

I think "undecideds" in the era of Trump 3 years in are not exactly folks who consume facts before deciding.  I also suspect they are very few.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2020, 06:35:14 PM »
It is true "appeal" matters a lot in elections where even good looks can made a difference. Of course defining "appeal" is not easy but people knows it when they see it. Trump has it in abundance whether you like him or not. He cannot be not noticed. Biden, were it not for his long years in public, can enter a room, shout fire and nobody would care. Bernie Sanders has quite an appeal but Dems shafted him. Again!

I don't see Biden surviving Trump onslaught after Corona hysteria ends. Doesn't matter who his VP choice is. Kamala and Warren are simply so plain as not to excite anyone; politically speaking. Maybe  a Michelle Obama VP would give such huge shot of adrenaline to Biden's otherwise limp push for President. For now, even good number of Dems won't be excited to turn up and vote.   They have to first be excited about their OWN candidate WINNING the WH and not merely that they get excited to get rid of Trump.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 04:05:42 AM »
Based on what happened in Wisconsin, things may not be rosy for tRUMP.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 07:06:09 AM »
US numbers hit 700K.

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 05:31:24 PM »

Val Demings is the other veep candidate.  I love Val.  Authentic no nonsense black woman.

Harriet Tubman

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2020, 06:54:32 AM »
KP after all those years hapa majuu you cannot differentiate between John Kelly and John Kerry?

What is the difference papa? Give us insha refu ya ketchup na heinz
@Plato, swali tu: must you always throw in an insult even when a well-meaning correction is made on your post? How about a simple "my bad" or "that was a typo". Kubali yaishe. This is a (self-moderated) discussion forum, si lazima turushane mishale kila wakati, ama?

cc: @Termi, @Robina

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 09:44:36 AM »
Val Demings is the other veep candidate.  I love Val.  Authentic no nonsense black woman.
Don't know who that is, but as long as they don't pick Kamala the horrible, I'll be pleased. Biden owes his nomination to black people so that VP better be miro. I like Stacey Abrams, I hope they pick her. I think there's more than a small chance this VP pick will be president over the next term or so: First woman president being black would sweet.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 11:19:58 PM »
Don't know who that is, but as long as they don't pick Kamala the horrible, I'll be pleased. Biden owes his nomination to black people so that VP better be miro. I like Stacey Abrams, I hope they pick her. I think there's more than a small chance this VP pick will be president over the next term or so: First woman president being black would sweet.
Like Stacey too, but that might piss off some Dems as well. Was afraid you were going to say she'd have a chance to be president before the term is over. Remember the Johnson JFK theory? Some white Dems with speckles may not like it.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2020, 03:35:57 AM »
Klobuchar will be the candidate. She doesn’t mince her words.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 09:31:48 AM »
An elderly white establishment candidate to back Biden? So the only difference between them is sex? I hope you're wrong. The VP should be either unambiguously progressive or a competent black woman. Or the Biden campaign isn't interested in securing disgruntled lefties from the primary. Pick Stacey Abrams, for crying out loud. Smh.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2020, 10:39:22 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2020, 11:00:20 PM »
An elderly white establishment candidate to back Biden? So the only difference between them is sex? I hope you're wrong. The VP should be either unambiguously progressive or a competent black woman. Or the Biden campaign isn't interested in securing disgruntled lefties from the primary. Pick Stacey Abrams, for crying out loud. Smh.

Yep.  Klobuchar would be a terrible choice.  Biden is already on her lane.  She brings no new dimension.  Republicanlite.  No charisma either.  Warren would be a far better choice if Biden goes the route of an older white woman.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2020, 12:42:36 AM »
How does anyone entertain the joke Beijing Biden beating Trump?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2020, 10:01:47 PM »
How does anyone entertain the joke Beijing Biden beating Trump?
This statement would've made perfect sense pre-Covid. Trump was sailing through, esp with Biden's obvious cognitive decline. Anyone now making bombastic predictions about Trump winning is, well, sleeping. I mean, he might still win, but we can't pretend he has the upper hand now. He is the official underdog. Unless/until he pulls a miracle recovery for Americans, I don't see non-Republicans voting for him.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2020, 10:14:39 PM »
Klobuchar is only 50. She is from Wisconsin and that may help
She is very combative, and knows to put it in a mid-western language

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »
Going by the anti-Covid lockdown protests, the undertone is a defiance to the Dems. It's like Americans are blaming them for the crisis and they know Trump is on their side. Rethuglicans coming out with assault rifles and saying it openly.